What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Eels v Raiders GAME DAY thread @ Cbus Stadium 17/4/21

Gazzamatta

Coach
As a odd job boy on pie n coke wage, you're expecting what exactly ?
A first grader which he isn't. Rankin every day.
2 kicks that could have led to Raiders trys.
1 kick that probably should have been a 7 tackle set against but for a fortuitous call from the ref.
Another shit kick on the 3rd tackle when the ref had called 6 again.
A terrible defensive read on the Ropana try.
The guy will burn us. Of that there is no doubt.
Not sure why he's given a free pass by some. I must be missing something. When Ricky said some individuals out there put on an NRL Jersey and think they are first graders he was actually referring to W Smith.
:wink:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Further to above if he's given 20 mins each week to substitute Rheed and be told specifically "DONT KICK THE F'N BALL" I'd go with that as defensively in the middle hes an ok 20 min substitute. Anywhere else. Forget it.

IFR33K

Coach
Is it just me or is the rhetoric how bad Raiders were and no mention of how the Eels c**k blocked them with great game plan and every player played out of their skin ?

Sticky certainly noticed. Threw them under the bus too. I’m predicting the players won’t respond and lose a lot more than they win

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sticky certainly noticed. Threw them under the bus too. I’m predicting the players won’t respond and lose a lot more than they win
And who would blame them. Was only 2 weeks ago he was praising the shit out of them. Now "certain individuals" are rubbish. We know who is rubbish you idiot.

Gronk

Staff member
1 kick that probably should have been a 7 tackle set against but for a fortuitous call from the ref.
Not sure why he's given a free pass by some. I must be missing something. When Ricky said some individuals out there put on an NRL Jersey and think they are first graders he was actually referring to W Smith.
I reckon you have delusions of grandure over Rankin's ability. I get that Smith is not a top 20 player at any club, but neither is Rankin. I don't know what the answer is, but clubs are tending to pick a utility on the bench because of the focus on HIAs in 2021. Sticky admitted that he f**ked up royally by going away from that plan this week.

Rankin might get a go in the future, but I don't think he'll be much better. It's a shame that we went and recruited Lussick and Roache to fill a gap exposed last year, however it looks like you need a 80m hooker in the modern game and not carry one on the bench. That leaves 3 pigs and a utility.

Ideally we'd have someone like the Big Cheese. Maybe we could send Roache or Kyle Schnieder off for a spell in the back paddock to put on a fast 20kgs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wighton would've had a field day against Rankin.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon you have delusions of grandure over Rankin's ability. I get that Smith is not a top 20 player at any club, but neither is Rankin. I don't know what the answer is, but clubs are tending to pick a utility on the bench because of the focus on HIAs in 2021. Sticky admitted that he f**ked up royally by going away from that plan this week.

Rankin might get a go in the future, but I don't think he'll be much better. It's a shame that we went and recruited Lussick and Roache to fill a gap exposed last year, however it looks like you need a 80m hooker in the modern game and not carry one on the bench. That leaves 3 pigs and a utility.

Ideally we'd have someone like the Big Cheese. Maybe we could send Roache or Kyle Schnieder off for a spell in the back paddock to put on a fast 20kgs.
No illusions Gronky about Rankin mate but him b4 Smith any day. He deserves a chance.

84 Baby

Referee
No illusions Gronky about Rankin mate but him b4 Smith any day. He deserves a chance.
Wiger fans call him Jordan Rancid for a reason. I’m happy to give him a go (not really this is pro sport and we shouldn’t be playing people to give them a go) but I reckon under pressure he’d come up with same results as Wmith. Wmith’s speed and footwork give him the edge head to head