What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Eels v Raiders GAME DAY thread @ Cbus Stadium 17/4/21

84 Baby

Referee
Anyone remember last year against the Panthers. We had nothing. In a blinke of an eye Blake won us the game against a great defensive side.
Marata can't do this. Blake comes straight in.
I feel as though you stole this from someone...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone remember last year against the Panthers. We had nothing. In a blinke of an eye Blake won us the game against a great defensive side.

great sample size,

and he sucked in most other games

hindy111

Post Whore
great sample size,

and he sucked in most other games

His defense in tackle efficiency sits at 78% for his time here. Similar to Joseph Manu and Antoni Staggs. The year prior while at Panthers it was 85% and 82% the year prior. Above 85% would be seen as very good defense wise.
He had on his side Mitchel Moses am I correct? So teams go after that side and set up their attacking raids. Now they have switched him with D.Brown do you feel his defense will imrpove?
He also has Fergo who has brain farts in defense.

TheParraboy

Staff member

When he came into Parra mid 2019, he was a gun. No one was bagging him then

Something happened last year, particularly rushing out of the line in defence, that may have been instructed, but executed poorly most of the time. Id say that wont be an issue as much cause as a whole we are playing much better in defence and controlling the game better.

He brings pace in the centres and if we hold our own in the middle , im confident he will go alright. I'll back him. If one of our back 3 is injured, Waqa to fill that spot and Marata from the bench to 3.

Our bench wasnt too great last year

*when Matto comes back we will have one hell of a bench

Smith/Cartwright
Oregan
Greig
Isaiah - starts when Matto out
Marata

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He had on his side Mitchel Moses am I correct? So teams go after that side and set up their attacking raids. Now they have switched him with D.Brown do you feel his defense will imrpove?
He also has Fergo who has brain farts in defense.

you've blamed everyone but Blake for Blake's defense

Eelementary

Post Whore

Tbh, imo, Nathan Brown was the one who facilitated Waqa's run; Brown's run had the Panthers scattered, then we spun it wide, and Waqa did his thing.

I think Waqa comes back into the side, because he offers more in attack, and this way, we can move Marata back to the middle.

yy_cheng

Coach
Tbh, imo, Nathan Brown was the one who facilitated Waqa's run; Brown's run had the Panthers scattered, then we spun it wide, and Waqa did his thing.

I think Waqa comes back into the side, because he offers more in attack, and this way, we can move Marata back to the middle.
I guess so. But if in 3-5 games he is still showing defensive issues, will Marata or Oldfield come in?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I guess so. But if in 3-5 games he is still showing defensive issues, will Marata or Oldfield come in?

Maybe?

I'm not thrilled by his falling off tackles, but he is probably a more dangerous centre than Marata - and Marata is a beast in the middle.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Have you wondered why it seemed to get worse when he joined our club?
I think it has plenty to do with our defensive structure, the considerable decision making responsibilities we place on our centres and the necessity to hit and stick if he decides to jam in. So far, he has come up short.

hindy111

Post Whore
Pearce in his prime was a very good halfback. Even now he is solid. But Knights fans love an scape goat. He is the one they have chosen.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pearce in his prime was a very good halfback. Even now he is solid. But Knights fans love an scape goat. He is the one they have chosen.
His card was marked as soon as he had the poor judgement to be the best halfback in NSW at a time when Thurston and the Storm trio were locked in for Queensland.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think it has plenty to do with our defensive structure, the considerable decision making responsibilities we place on our centres and the necessity to hit and stick if he decides to jam in. So far, he has come up short.
He's been good enough. Whatever he's doing, it's better than allowing Moses to get trampled a dozen times every week. I'm sure he'll have an easier time outside Dylan Brown. In fact, in his only game this year the Broncos had a lot more success targeting Opacic's side. Coincidence that this was also Moses' side? I guess we'll find out.

Gronk

Staff member
Is it just me or is the rhetoric how bad Raiders were and no mention of how the Eels c**k blocked them with great game plan and every player played out of their skin ?
Just the one this week ? Pfft.

team-of-the-week_20210420.jpg

Latest posts