What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Parramatta v Tigers LIVE GAME DAY thread 22nd April 2019

amitropo

Juniors
Went for a walk around the stadium on concourse level and the acoustics were awesome in every location. From the corporate side looking back over to the full stands in blue and yellow looked fantastic, from the half way line opposite, looking back at the corporate side with all the digital advertising boards during tries and replays was frigging awesome.
As a club we need to take advantage Of this and build for the future.
No doubt any team that witnesses what we all saw and heard will want to be a part of it.
As one of my tweets to bankwest and Parra, “Sign me up for life”

Gronk

Staff member
Went for a walk around the stadium on concourse level and the acoustics were awesome in every location. From the corporate side looking back over to the full stands in blue and yellow looked fantastic, from the half way line opposite, looking back at the corporate side with all the digital advertising boards during tries and replays was frigging awesome.
As a club we need to take advantage Of this and build for the future.
No doubt any team that witnesses what we all saw and heard will want to be a part of it.
As one of my tweets to bankwest and Parra, “Sign me up for life”

Yeah but the old stadium had the Bob O’Reilly Bar. You could watch the first two grades in the bar and then move upstairs for the main event. :cry:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Not much love in here tonight for Mahoney. If hes not the MOTM then hes in the top few. Everything started with his magnificent dummy half service. Also topped the tackle count. Enormous game from the Birthday Boy.
What a great day. I also had my boy with me today for game one as I sat with my Dad in 1986 game one.
We sat amongst a number of Tigpies fans. They were annoying in their criticism of anything M Moses but it didnt last too long. Funny thing is not many came back after half time. Lots of room to spread out then. Mitch certainly shut them up.
Special mention to Jenko. Great game. Its what we expect from you every week and you sure did deliver today. Well played.
PARRA! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Gronk

Staff member
Not much love in here tonight for Mahoney. If hes not the MOTM then hes in the top few. Everything started with his magnificent dummy half service. Also topped the tackle count. Enormous game from the Birthday Boy.
What a great day. I also had my boy with me today foe game one as I sat with my Dad in1986 game one.
We sat amongst a number of Tigpies fans. They were annoying in their criticism of anything M Moses but it didnt last too long. Funny thing is not many came back after half time. Lots of room to spread out then. Mitch certainly shut them up.
Special mention to Jenko. Great game. Its what we expect from you every week and you sure did deliver today. Well played.
PARRA! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

We were tough and played like winners.

Gee the Tigers were awful. Their kicking game was rubbish, and no doubt suffered badly loosing Robbie. Haha :joy: :laughing: reminds me to go to nrl.com to watch Madge Maguire’s presser.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Nah mate we should have signed Russell Packer and beaten the Tigers 550k offer.

His beast mode 3 runs for 30m today would have improved our pack immensely.

#loldeathriders #Glenneelisaf**kwit

According to nrl.com

Packer 2 runs in 38mins.

Luke Brooke’s had 15 runs, most of any tigers player

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Wow. Wow and Wow. Today couldn't have gone any better. Great stadium, great stadium, great result. The weather was perfect too. Why did it have to be Easter Monday as I wanted to kick onto the leagues club or somewhere to have a few schooners, but unfortunately have to work lol.

Anyways today's performance was outstanding. I don't think anyone put a foot wrong out there and if we did make errors it was because we were throwing the ball so much, but hey that's a sign of a much better attack than last year.

Also our defence has been great. We really muscled up and when the Tigers looked like scoring on only a few occasions, other than their lucky try, there was always someone there to save a try. Outstanding.

Moses and Gutho sign them now but the first bloke to sign is Brad Arthur. He's turned this club around from a disastrous 2018 season, made some changes and made his players believe in this season.

Looking forward the next game.

amitropo

Juniors

Gee the Tigers were awful. Their kicking game was rubbish, and no doubt suffered badly loosing Robbie. Haha :joy: :laughing: reminds me to go to nrl.com to watch Madge Maguire’s presser.
We were down a forward with Alvaro our after 2 mins

Happy MEel

First Grade

They sure were!!

Madge’s presser is pretty good though. No excuses, loves the stadium and emphasises they need to get back to what they were doing previously.

I have no doubt his spray in the sheds was not as diplomatic.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What a great day. I also had my boy with me today for game one as I sat with my Dad in 1986 game one.
PARRA! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

The one thing I will say about Mahoney is he is a gutsy little player and is probably a class above some of the hookers in this competition. I like his aggression and motivation. And always seems to put in 100%. Definitely a future for the club.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Mahoney can definitely play 80 minutes. I reckon Salmon is the only option we should consider as a bench option (outside of 4 forwards) once Drown is fit.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I'm home. Did a mainy with the free flag hanging out the sunroof. No bastard gave a shit but I don't really care. What a night.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Agree but stone will be next in line.
He’s an option but Salmon can cover 1-7 and hooker at a pinch. He offers cover and with most of our middles able to punch out long minutes, I reckon the fish has more use at this stage.