What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Parramatta v Tigers LIVE GAME DAY thread 22nd April 2019

2z7lu6
And stuff the Tigers.....this is Parramatta.....and Our stadium
2z7lu6

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Did anyone notice that Paulo played a bit of 5/8th during the game Where was salmon ?

Been playing that role all year.

Matty Johns I think it was, mentioned yesterday now how the “better” sides are now using their “13” to play a bit of footy, rather then just a traditional front rower like previous years. Paulo has been playing that role for us.

hindy111

Post Whore
The crows of 29,041 seemed odd. My guess would of been 3000-4000 seats not filled.
Certainly more then 900 odd

IFR33K

Coach
Been playing that role all year.

Matty Johns I think it was, mentioned yesterday now how the “better” sides are now using their “13” to play a bit of footy, rather then just a traditional front rower like previous years. Paulo has been playing that role for us.

In years gone by, many ‘13s’ were ball players. Brad Mackay, Jason Smith and the like. Glad to see forwards playing ball and not just carting it up.

Noise

Coach
Paulo seems to be a focal point of our attack. He runs through the middle, out wide or acts as a playmaker. Wherever he lines up the defence often panics.

There were some times when we were attacking our line when he was on the left and over calling Moses on the right. His eyes light up when he finds a half to run at.

He seems to be loving his role as playmaker / steam roller

TheRam

Coach
You did, but you also crowed to us about a bunch of other fat, useless or criminal merkins, meaning Lane was probably just another guess.

Like who? Each player I can think of was good at the time or out of the game at the time due to bad behaviour, not cos they couldn't play ffs. And the reason I suggest those types of players is because one, they generally come cheaper and two, they could/can play, just like Lodge. Imagine if we had him to compliment our pack, I would suggest we would be very close to title contenders.

I know you are adverse to big powerful forwards, and love to call all of them fat f**ks, but without them in your pack you don't get to do what you saw yesterday mate. The Tigers played bad sure, but the power we hit them with up front blew them away and they couldn't catch their breath and recover. We didn't just razzle dazzle them around the park, but punched holes in them up the middle and on the edges, before we offloaded and played like magicians with the ball. I know you love mediocrity and would fill a team with clone Neville's from 1 to 17, but you are a idiot.

So who are these terrible ability wise suggestions that you speak of?

Kornstar

Coach
The crows of 29,041 seemed odd. My guess would of been 3000-4000 seats not filled.
Certainly more then 900 odd

There are areas you can stand and watch the game so that would account for some of the empty seats

In general as well it is possible that a lot of GA members were away on family holidays but as those tickets are counted when selling tickets the “full house” tags have to come out but you can’t guarantee all members will show up and many wouldn’t re-sell them either.

I agree with hindy111 though, there were at least 3,000 empty seats.

For me the more surprising empty seats were on the corporate side in the terrace part, there were plenty of empty seats over there.

TheRam

Coach
Paulo seems to be a focal point of our attack. He runs through the middle, out wide or acts as a playmaker. Wherever he lines up the defence often panics.

But he is a fat f**k who only runs out wide to make his metres and can't tackle by your previous assessments of him.

You have know idea. Constantly changing the goal posts. I'm sure you will have some crappy excuse, like you can't have to many Paulo's in your team otherwise who will do all the tackling garbage, like anyone suggested we have 13 on the field at once ffs.

Kornstar

Coach
My thoughts on the game are that our first half was ordinary, we made 9 errors and it was a couple of great individual efforts and very poor Tigers defence that got us the lead.

The second half though was much better, we tidied up the errors when it counted and played much better and much more controlled.

Gutho is the king, his work rate and involvement is incredible, just sign him already!!!

Paulo May turn out to the the buy of the year, he was in beast mode and is playing plenty of minutes.

We still need another very good prop imo to be true contenders but these lot are doing a job.

I think If Drown was on the field yesterday we hit 70, Salmon is doing fine but the fact he isn’t as great a passer means we leave out the left side attack and more importantly, Sivo takes away a lot of try scoring potential.

Stone is very small for a forward but he has heart and enthusiasm which can certainly make up for size when you are dominating but like Nrown when we are getting dominated we can’t look for those players to dig us out like a big body can.

Nothing to get carried away with though as the Tigers were terrible.

Yesterday was a good day!