What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Parramatta v Knights LIVE GAME DAY thread 28th April 2019

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Don't fixate on opinions. I sling shit at f**kwits, no more, no less. Especially f**kwits who only ever turn up to have a whinge.

You're the one who seems to have an issue with a differing opinion here. And you're clearly a precious little princess who can't hack that people have the cheek to challenge your own. Lol

That’s it?:joy:

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I couldn't care less. I don't even know who you are. Only that we only ever seem to see you after a loss...

I can post whenever I choose, if calling me a fickwit helps you with your anger management issues, fire away my friend :ok_hand:

Bazal

Post Whore
That’s it?:joy:

Actually, I would add one thing.

What would you consider "opinion" about a post criticising the very existence of a thread looking for positives after a loss? In what way does that entitle you to not be questioned? It's just whinging and attacking someone for having a different "opinion" to you.

Seems to me that you're as much of a f**kwit as you accuse me of being.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Actually, I would add one thing.

What would you consider "opinion" about a post criticising the very existence of a thread looking for positives after a loss? In what way does that entitle you to not be questioned? It's just whinging and attacking someone for having a different "opinion" to you.

Seems to me that you're as much of a f**kwit as you accuse me of being.

I accused of being an asshole to be fair.:blush: you on the other hand appear to be very angry!

strider

Post Whore
What was Mahoney thinking letting Levi make a break which led to he first try? Who cares what the refs says make the tackle and Give a penalty away instead of a try. So dumb
In his defense, he was probably hoping at least one of the other 12 people on the field might have been in a position to make a tackle .... poblem is, paulo had turned his back to try and not be the 3rd marker

don't wanna bag reed, but he had a part in 3 of their tries today ... he gives his all but it worries me he is playing such long minutes
He bailed out of tackling Levi when called off .... as I said, hard decision to make on the run
He struggled to get in the line then tried to tackle Gavet from the side instead of getting infront
He was gassed and couldn't help try and tackle Pearce - though the try was probably more pearce exposing a tired big man in paulo

T.S Quint

Coach
Fergo took some terrific bombs and his pass to Sivo was sublime for a winger. Sure he was down on meters but he certainly wasnt our worst out there today.
I see we have decided to recall our wonderful 2018 tactic, the "mid field bomb". An oldie but a goodie eh?

There's nothing wrong with a mid-field bomb if it is used at the right time.
If you have teammates ready to chase the kick, and aren't completely buggered from shitloads of tackling, it's not the worst tactic. It can pin them down in their end and gives your chasers a chance to smash them in a tackle, maybe forcing a mistake or at worst making them have a slow play-the-ball.
Unfortunately this is not how we have utilised the mid-field bomb in today's game, nor the Canberra game.

T.S Quint

Coach
Is it just me or is Tep consistently lying on the ground when the attacker is up playing the ball. He has a high work rate but he positions himself terribly to get back to marker and this constantly leaves our middle exposed.

I’m not just talking about today either. It is an ongoing issue I have with him.

I hope his next contract reflects where he is at as a need in our roster. Handy...but certainly not essential.

Terepo is the same. Always left on the ground.

T.S Quint

Coach
What was Mahoney thinking letting Levi make a break which led to he first try? Who cares what the refs says make the tackle and Give a penalty away instead of a try. So dumb

In hindsight it seems like a no-brainer decision to make the tackle and give away a penalty.
However he would be well within his rights to assume the rest of his team who were onside would make the tackle instead.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Terepo is the same. Always left on the ground.
Haha. I was going to add him to my original post. Both of them have no idea how to wrestle mid-tackle to get into a good position at marker. You can potentially get away with one of them on the field but both of them on the field at the same time is a disaster.

T.S Quint

Coach
Haha. I was going to add him to my original post. Both of them have no idea how to wrestle mid-tackle to get into a good position at marker. You can potentially get away with one of them on the field but both of them on the field at the same time is a disaster.

It is hard to get a good wrestle on when the other team is on a roll. Edrick Lee looked like a superstar out there today, breaking tackles and making metres at will. Every play-the-ball he had was a quick one. That made everything from that point on very hard for us. This is why I was very disappointed with Moses' kicking game today.

You can't wrestle a team who is running through you, and if you try then you get penalised.
I think it may have been worth giving away a few more penalties to slow them down in the ruck and get our line set, rather than letting the run right over the top of us. We got worn out too quickly trying to keep up with them when we should have been trying to make them play at our pace.

Happy MEel

First Grade
It is hard to get a good wrestle on when the other team is on a roll. Edrick Lee looked like a superstar out there today, breaking tackles and making metres at will. Every play-the-ball he had was a quick one. That made everything from that point on very hard for us. This is why I was very disappointed with Moses' kicking game today.

You can't wrestle a team who is running through you, and if you try then you get penalised.
I think it may have been worth giving away a few more penalties to slow them down in the ruck and get our line set, rather than letting the run right over the top of us. We got worn out too quickly trying to keep up with them when we should have been trying to make them play at our pace.
Yeah I agree with all of that but those two are consistently our worst wrestler/marker defenders.

Gazzamatta

Coach
No argument here.
We really missed Alvaro today. It's not much of a surprise that we played our best football today when Mannah was on the field.
Alvaro has been very slow off the ground this year as well. Hes one of our better wrestlers though when we get numbers in the tackle. They need to take lessons off Lane. He was enormous today.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Alvaro has been very slow off the ground this year as well. Hes one of our better wrestlers though when we get numbers in the tackle. They need to take lessons off Lane. He was enormous today.
Yep, I’ve noticed Alvaro has been slower to get to marker this year as well as he tires.

Dibs

Bench
Lol.

Who's talking down to whom?

I'm not blaming Moeroa either, you've flown off the handle at a post aimed at someone else blaming Moses, where I simply said that if Moeroa had done the most basic part of his job as a football player, we would probably not have been in that situation.

Don't confuse my amusement at your carrying on with condescension, that's just a cop out.
I didn’t fly off the handle at anything I was just stating that it was a shit kick like many others today. Maybe I misread the post you quoted but I thought it just stated another shit kick from Moses and you were suggesting it wasn’t the kick but the chase, which I said was a fair point but didn’t change the fact it was a shit kick.
Oh I’m not confused with anything and we both know you know what I’m talking about