What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: Parra v Cowboys GAME DAY thread (3/7/20)

84 Baby

Referee
Injuries of course could be our Achilles heel. We lose two fowards and we can cope. Any more and our bench becomes weak.:fingers_crossed:
Depends which two forwards. I don’t think we can replace Junior and RCG or Nrown and Decore or Lane and Matto.

84 Baby

Referee
Great ball, Sivo might get 4 the way we are going!!!
FFS you’ve done a TPB! Conceding just before half time... if they come firing after half time we’re f**ked. Just put Junior and RCG on for 80 minutes, BA you dopey merkin

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gowers performance has put even more pressure on Alvaro. Used sparingly Gower could be a real x factor for the team moving forward.
Stone looked great at times then at others he looked a little lazy around the ruck. Im not sure his fitness matches other team members.
Taka looked good back in the centres. Thats his spot.
Field was great. D wasnt too bad and his illusiveness is fantastic.
Drown was terrific although he needs to work on his long kicking game. I reckon hes capable of having a better short kicking game than Moses.
Loved the off loads and the D.
On the weekends form Knights and Cry Baby Eagles shouldnt present too many problems for our Mighty Eels.
Go Parra!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think Field was ok; my expectations weren't too high, because I didn't want to place the world at his feet, but he did OK.

His defence was a worry, for me; he often made poor reads, and was bailed out by Matterson, and Blake - but then, halfbacks don't usually defend that well to begin with, so...

His kicking game wasn't too good, I thought.

His running game, and willingness to get involved, were top notch.

I was pleasantly surprised, but look forward to Mitchell Moses - the Prince Of Parramatta - returning to the squad.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I think Field was ok; my expectations weren't too high, because I didn't want to place the world at his feet, but he did OK.

His defence was a worry, for me; he often made poor reads, and was bailed out by Matterson, and Blake - but then, halfbacks don't usually defend that well to begin with, so...

His kicking game wasn't too good, I thought.

His running game, and willingness to get involved, were top notch.

I was pleasantly surprised, but look forward to Mitchell Moses - the Prince Of Parramatta - returning to the squad.

Field reminded me of Moses when we signed Moses. He wanted to run in every play and couldn't tackle.

In my opinion, it actually looked like he was trying too hard to impress.

Suitman

Post Whore
Field reminded me of Moses when we signed Moses. He wanted to run in every play and couldn't tackle.

In my opinion, it actually looked like he was trying too hard to impress.

Disagree.
Field was given a job to do. He allowed Brown to run the show, and he did his own thing when he got the ball. When he did, he did his best for the team.
Give him a f**king break.
1st game for the Eels. He did what he had to do. And he did it well enough.
He's not my style of halfback, but he covered a job when we needed someone to fill in.

eels_fan

First Grade
Tbh i’d leave the starting 13 the same for the Knights game despite N Brown returning.

Niukore has been fantastic in his absence and Brown can come off the bench for impact when Niukore has a spell at around the 30min mark and hopefully cause some damage.

With Stone potentially out a bench of

N Brown
Taka
Kaufusi
Evans (if fit again) / Gower

T.S Quint

Coach
Gowers performance has put even more pressure on Alvaro. Used sparingly Gower could be a real x factor for the team moving forward.
Stone looked great at times then at others he looked a little lazy around the ruck. Im not sure his fitness matches other team members.
Taka looked good back in the centres. Thats his spot.
Field was great. D wasnt too bad and his illusiveness is fantastic.
Drown was terrific although he needs to work on his long kicking game. I reckon hes capable of having a better short kicking game than Moses.
Loved the off loads and the D.
On the weekends form Knights and Cry Baby Eagles shouldnt present too many problems for our Mighty Eels.
Go Parra!

Newcastle’s defence was very good today. They will be a lot harder to crack than the Cowboys were. Also we are playing in Newcastle and we haven’t won there in about 200 years.
When the Knights are on their game they can beat anyone. They are not to be taken lightly.

Suitman

Post Whore
Newcastle’s defence was very good today. They will be a lot harder to crack than the Cowboys were. Also we are playing in Newcastle and we haven’t won there in about 200 years.
When the Knights are on their game they can beat anyone. They are not to be taken lightly.

I'd like to think they'd be more worried about us than we are about them.
I agree, we shouldn't take them lightly.
But, at the same time, we should, and will go hard.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd like to think they'd be more worried about us than we are about them.
I agree, we shouldn't take them lightly.
But, at the same time, we should, and will go hard.
Yep, they are a tough gritty side but you shut down Ponga and handle Klemmer and the Siafiti boys they don’t have to much else to worry you.

Manly were bog average, they have zero without Tommy T. The great DCE was absolutely shithouse, bombed a certain try and overplayed his hand all game.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Disagree.
Field was given a job to do. He allowed Brown to run the show, and he did his own thing when he got the ball. When he did, he did his best for the team.
Give him a f**king break.
1st game for the Eels. He did what he had to do. And he did it well enough.
He's not my style of halfback, but he covered a job when we needed someone to fill in.
Yep. BA left Field to tackle what’s in front of him and run at or go find gaps with his speed.

Ignore his name, just look at his + stats for the game. Any half would be happy with these.

118m running m
9 tackle breaks
1 line break
17 tackles
1 1v1 tackle
3 kicks for 80 m

TheParraboy

Staff member

No TommyT,and No Dylan Walker made it easier for the Knights to defend

Walker looked threatening and most likely against us I thought (6 tackle busts and 3 off loads, 129 run metres)

Also Knights got pumped by the cowboys, and the cowboys had the same intensity and start against us in the first 15-20 minutes. I think they completed 10 from their first 10

Having said that, Knights have been a nuisance side for us regardless where they been on the table, quietly confident we keep playing like we have we wipe the floor in their own backyard