What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD8 V Cowboys 1300 Smiles Stadium

Joely01

Bench
Here we go, versing a Cowboys side after being 'robbed', no doubt the refs will give them everything.
I'm hoping we grind away though, this game will be close again, less then 10 points in it for mine, i went to the Cowboys V Manly game on Friday night and they don't have much at all in attack, Tate can run a very good line off JT, but that's about it.
Will be good to see how we bounce back from yesterday.

Any changes?
I'm hoping Paulo out, i'd actually move Gower to 13 and either Tanginoa/Terepo to the bench.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't get the hate for Seffa. He compensates for Sandows inability to be a real half back.

Chipmunk

Coach
5 day turnaround, likely mental let down after having a close one against the Tigers and traveling up to Townsville to play a team that will have an 8 day break.

I don't give us much of a chance really. Cowboys by a fair few

Noise

Coach
I don't get the hate for Seffa. He compensates for Sandows inability to be a real half back.

I don't like him...but if we drop him we completely have to change the way we attack (middle half/lock/link man whatever you want to call him) which would probably cause more harm than good. He's heart attack material but our attack kind of revolves around him at the moment.

Haynzy

First Grade
I expect we will be without Edwards (Hammy) and Allgood (Concussion).
Tanginoa for Edwards, Junior for Allgood.

I reckon they'll be the only changes.

5 day turnaround, likely mental let down after having a close one against the Tigers and traveling up to Townsville to play a team that will have an 8 day break.

I don't give us much of a chance really. Cowboys by a fair few

Exactly. Really recovery today, two days preperation plus travel on the Friday. The refs will look after the Cows.

It will be the regular Townsville trip for us - a flogging.

El Diablo

Post Whore

Gronk

Staff member
Pauli Pauli starts ? He's a work in progress that lad. Is he ready ? That arm grab that led to the try was pretty ordinary.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
maybe they want him to work harder, he has been a bit lazy in the lower grades

emjaycee

Coach
Pauli Pauli starts ? He's a work in progress that lad. Is he ready ? That arm grab that led to the try was pretty ordinary.

maybe they want him to work harder, he has been a bit lazy in the lower grades

I think with Pauli Pauli and Terepo both there is a slight tendency to not be focused in 'D' as much as BA would like. I stand by my comments when Peni was dropped last week that the reason was lapses in concentration in defense and if he and Pauli both play on the left then we can expect to be targeted down that side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No Winterstein or Lui.

Fui will start off the bench. I reckon Arthur's is showing him a lot of respect by naming him in jersey 10 each week, and even carrying him in the team when there are better options.

He's about five games away from racking up 200. I wonder if he will be dropped after that. Arthur's also persisted with Burt, and brought McGuire straight into the team for round 26 2012, after not having played for three months. Of course, there was less at stake then.

Bigfella

Coach
Fui might be passed his best but i think his demise has been exaggerated.

He still offers a chance of breaking the line or producing a before or through the line pass and requires at least two. Tacklers to be brought down. Has lost some pace sure, and is poor in the wrestle but he still has other attributes.

emjaycee

Coach
Here we go, versing a Cowboys side after being 'robbed', no doubt the refs will give them everything.

I hate that word.
It is not even a proper word.
Versus is a preposition and not a verb and verse does not exist as a word (in this context).

When defining whom one is competing against there other words to choose from that are correct, such as playing, opposing, up against, and versing is not one of them.

#grammarnazimood
#offsoapboxnow

Noise

Coach
I hate that word.
It is not even a proper word.
Versus is a preposition and not a verb and verse does not exist as a word (in this context).

When defining whom one is competing against there other words to choose from that are correct, such as playing, opposing, up against, and versing is not one of them.

#grammarnazimood
#offsoapboxnow

Now u've done it. Every merkin on here is going to be saying versing every game following the eels versing the cowboys

Eelementary

Post Whore
Guys, I think you need to relax about the referees potentially giving the rub of the green to the Cowboys on Saturday night. It would be a PR nightmare if the referees were AGAIN involved in a team getting dodgy calls which lead to a loss.

I think they will certainly be more mindful of the calls they make, and I think the 50-50 calls will go the Cowboys' way, but I doubt they will go out there and deliberately go on a mission to ensure the Cows win the penalty count.

Latest posts