What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re:-Ben Smith

Delboy

First Grade
Just a whisper I heard from a good source, that Ben Smith has been told to get himself right for next year.

Appaarently won 't play again this season and will spend his time on rehab to overcome the kness problems, physio staff have advised him that in his best interest to concentrate on next year and not risk any further damage.

Fathead

Bench
Yeah well he may as well have it off. Actually the whole team may as well clock off now.

Nikki

Coach
Geez... I'd be more worried about Bennys mental aspect is this is true.. His injuries have been gettin him a bit down :(

Strangenuts

Juniors
When we signed him last year just after he was injured, I thought ?????????? And low and behold all my worst fears came true. What a horible mistake that turned out to be. What has he played half a game for us this year?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We resigned Ben Smith to a 4 year deal after a major knee operation :? and really he has been average at best since 2005. But we couldn't offer a contract to Tony Williams and did not have Hodgkinson wrapped up after we lost T Smith FMD :?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
have to laugh, i remember people giving to me when we re-signed him for another 4 years straight after a knee reco, i mean? who the f**k gives a bloke a 4 year contract after such an injury when their is a huge chance they' may never fully recover from such a procdure? Parramatta and Fitzy.

Almost as bad as giving a bloke like Nathan aka 'the king of sting' Cayless a contract extension which will entitle him to earn as much as $400,000 a year over the age of 30, fmd!

Wish Avenger will hurry up and update his resume and send it off! lol

Pazza

First Grade
We resigned Ben Smith to a 4 year deal after a major knee operation :? and really he has been average at best since 2005. But we couldn't offer a contract to Tony Williams and did not have Hodgkinson wrapped up after we lost T Smith FMD :?

you really gotta wonder! aye

barney gumble

Juniors
I'm a massive Ben Smith fan, but I'm close to giving up on him.
He might as well sit out the season but only if the knees are a stilll dodgy, even if he's 80% right though, he should play some of whats left of the season, it'll give him more confidence going into the off season.
Then again he could get injured again and he's finished in footy as far as I'm concerned.

Rogue.9

Juniors
He offers f**k-all in attack but at least he can defend unlike half of the team at the moment

xr62nv

Juniors
hopefully we dont rush him back and stuff his knee up even more .. we do need him in the side though

salvy71

Juniors
he's a good player when fit ....but he's pretty much spent 3 straight years sitting on the sideline .........he should have been re-signed on a year by year basis .....

strider

Post Whore
i think one of our BIGGEST issues this year has been totally inept defense from our backline ..... and I don't think its a coincidence ben smith is missing

even when ben and eric weren't defending well for a period last yr, we were still in much better shape defensively in the backs than this year .... tahu and ben added heaps of starch to our wide defense

but this year its almost understandable our backline is defending like sh*t when you look at the change of personel:
- hayne and inu are great attacking players and can pull off a big hit, but they are young and have some major defensive lapses at times
- reddy has been surprising and can do some good cover defense, but he can be a total turnstyle too
- TT just doesn't seem to put in in defense at times, he's another youngster i guess
- eric had his brain explosions early in the year - he needs a strong defender like smith to partner him
- tony williams i just don't see as a winger, he tried hard but again is young and i don't think is mobile enough to defend out wide

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our goaline defence is attrocious, apprently we had been working on it all week :? it's been the same all year but the coaching staff are unable to do anything about it.

Latest posts