What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

re-signing needed asap

Galeforce

Bench
George B , will need COIN and Tom B on expectations of improvement next year will not be far behind. If Bulldogs needed $1m for Klemmer for 3 years , expect more interest in George.
I will also be happy to hear that Walker has been locked up with either Centre or pivot in mind.
Unless Keary is given a shot a pivot and proves he can do it to a top standard , i do not expect he will resign.
We need a killer centre that is our current weakness, maybe that is Walker. I am not convinced about Tyrone Phillips he looks classy however every time i watch him play the team loses and his defence commitment is suspect.
any good rumours on these players?

BranVan3000

Coach
The Burgess boys are our future. They will take up the coin Asotasi and Crocker are on. Lima too come end of next yeasr. Other clubs may come looking with chequebook in hand, but these boys have come together to play together. They have the opportunity to play as a family in one of the strongest teams in the competition. And they will get their paydays here.

King is on decent coin too, so I suspect a recruit to fill his spot. Farrell and Everingham are off this year and may not be resigned we will see.

Everingham has offers from Japanese rugby that exceed anything he will get in the NRL by a huge amount, and he would be foolish not to go.

I think Goodwin is earning an extension

There is contradicting reports on how long we have Keary for, but I'm pretty sure I saw an interview with him where he said he is here till the end of next year. In any case, we will hold on to him long term. Same for Walker. Maguire has huge wraps of these two

Phillips is an athlete, not a natural footballer like Walker or Keary. Keary could make the grade early because they are plain smart. Phillips will need to develop, but I imagine he will be ready around the time Merritt retires. He will have a big athletic body as an adult and will find his place on the wing as a big tackle busting player IMO

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Centre and Wing are the only positions i'm really concerned about next year, Champion and Merritt are fine but we really need another centre and winger unless Everingham and Farrell rise, because lately they've been a bit average. Hopefully they prove me wrong in the coming weeks.

hugzy

Juniors
how is goodwin doing? I never watched him play centre, does he have ability put his winger away? Or is being in the team already an achievement

Galeforce

Bench
Goodwin to me is a winger and has poor passing game.Prefer Farrell and Champion in the centres and ok for Goodwin to replace Andrew E

Zinga

Juniors
I agree but im excited about Tom. He reminds me of where Big George was a year ago, lacks a bit of lateral movement and needs to work on his defence around the ruck. A good season with the Bears will sort this out. Imagine next year when all these boys are fit and ready, there our future!

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think we should give Farrell a 2 year deal and Everingham another 1 year deal.

We have to remember Dylan is still only 21 and he could become anything under Maguire

Everingham always tries and i think he deserves another deal and could still improve