What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-signing news

shear_joy9

Coach
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lates-making-three-changes-20100421-ssrs.html

Both Herbert and McCrone are off contract at the end of the season and the club plans to retain just one of them.
With Buttriss a chance of making next week's trip to New Zealand, Herbert will need to have an immediate impact against the Rabbitohs to make up ground on McCrone.
Raiders chief executive Don Furner admitted the time to pick a halfback for next season was nearing.
"We've talked about sitting down ... in maybe round nine or 10 and seeing how each was going," Furner said.
"We're only through round six, but within the next month we'll sit down with the coaching staff and talk about that."

Don Furner said the club would make some tough retention and recruitment decisions in the coming weeks.
"The next six to eight rounds is always difficult," he said.
"It's an unusual industry that you're tapping someone on the shoulder and saying 'I'm sorry you aren't with us next year, but can you please play your guts out for us?'.
"... Negotiations for the retention of some players I hope that proceeds soon and goes well."
The Raiders remain eager to recruit Cowboys forward James Tamou, while veteran prop Scott Logan is rumoured to be having second thoughts about retirement.Other notable players off contract include winger Justin Carney and utility Danny Galea.
Furner also met with fullback Josh Dugan's manager last week.
The Raiders are desperate to immediately extend the future representative's contract beyond 2011 to ward off rival clubs such as the Sydney Roosters.
"It's been dragging on for a long time and it's frustrating," Furner said.

big Scotty could play on!

Macko8

Juniors
Seeing scotty for another year after this would be great.
whose James Tamou??Ive heard his a beast.

Definfately have to retain justin carney and josh dugan.

Hebert and McCrone,i couldnt care less if we didnt keep any.

Logan going around would be good, he will be needed.

Jcar is a must, he may be out of sight for now but once he gets some game time then he will return to the NRL. Also Id like to see him used as a dummy half.

The Herb has to step up now.

aussies1st

Staff member
Agree don't need either McCrone or Herbert as Mick Picker can cover the 5/8 spot which is all they are good for.

Macko8

Juniors
F*ck off herbert and mc crone and use both their salaries to buy one good halfback its worth it

bingo
its a risk
but management need to go after a halfback thats had some games in the top grade.
ive heard josh lewis,matt head,brett firman and scott porter mentioned.

lsta5838

Juniors
Why don't you go for Finchy!

I am being half-serious. He is playing well down in Melbourne as he is not the number one playmaker. Same as with Campese. I think he will slot in quite well. I don't normally praise Finch, but I think he might go ok next to Campo.

Talanexor

Juniors
Seeing scotty for another year after this would be great.
whose James Tamou??Ive heard his a beast.

Definfately have to retain justin carney and josh dugan.

Hebert and McCrone,i couldnt care less if we didnt keep any.

James Tamou is an absolute weapon. He's the skinniest prop I've ever seen, but he's big, mobile, a handful in attack and a brick wall in defence. I REALLY want the Cowboys to keep him

You can have Rovelli. He's ok so long as he doesn't have to kick or create anything, but his defence is awful. If you just need a ball distributor on the cheap, he's your man.

Tell you what, how about we swap you Rovelli for Fensom eh? Fair trade? You get a ball player, we get a defensive workhorse.

fourxman

Juniors
I think we should go after Ben Barba or Brett Finch.

Monas is too old and Rovelli sucks.

Oh and i hope we don't resign Herbert or McCrone.

Picker seems to be the one our club is most interested in of that lot so might as well keep him.

I wasnt saying we shouldnt keep him , just that his form probably isnt any better than McCrone or Herb.

On Barba ( another 5/8 ) , Newcastle were one of the teams mentioned who were interested in him, if thats the case then Dureau must really be on the outer.