What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Jack Hetherington

BLM01

First Grade
Telegraph this morning reporting that Penrith are shopping these players around at the moment.
I think either player would be a good fit to complete our roster before 30/6.
Thoughts please.
Said my thoughts elsewhere re RCG...no thanks..hits the line side on and gone downhill since prior to being picked for origin.
Hetherington..Yes

possm

Coach
Telegraph this morning reporting that Penrith are shopping these players around at the moment.
I think either player would be a good fit to complete our roster before 30/6.
Thoughts please.
I really like RCG. He has probably fallen out with coach Cleary and more inclined to support Gould. He would be the ideal buy for SGI using De Belin's salary cap.

Then all we need is a good outside back to fill our top 30. I'd like it to be DWZ but if he is already secured by the Tigers, maybe Millward has another top outside back in mind.

gonz

Juniors
I really like RCG. He has probably fallen out with coach Cleary and more inclined to support Gould. He would be the ideal buy for SGI using De Belin's salary cap.

Then all we need is a good outside back to fill our top 30. I'd like it to be DWZ but if he is already secured by the Tigers, maybe Millward has another top outside back in mind.
You think6

Have you ever thought that dwz wants to play under McGuire a coach that made him nz captain?

possm

Coach
Have you ever thought that dwz wants to play under McGuire a coach that made him nz captain?
We had a chance to sign Madge. All we needed to do was to give him control over recruitment/pathways/retention. But deals had already been done to give Millward control so no deal, Mary stays coach, SGI continues to drop down to the bottom 4 on the ladder.

hermidale1

Juniors
We had a chance to sign Madge. All we needed to do was to give him control over recruitment/pathways/retention. But deals had already been done to give Millward control so no deal, Mary stays coach, SGI continues to drop down to the bottom 4 on the ladder.
And he's done alot at the Tigers. They're only 1 win ahead of us.

possm

Coach
And he's done alot at the Tigers. They're only 1 win ahead of us.
Unlike Mary, Madge does not have the team he wants; he has Cleary's rabble of a team. Unlike Mary, Madge has won a premiership and unlike Mary, Madge is in his first year with a squad that badly needs upgrading.

It is relevant that Mary has been head coach of SGI for 5 years whereas Madge joined the Tigers after preseason this year.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Panthers are shopping RCG around because he's nowhere near where he was last year. He's either lost interest or carrying an injury. Since we already have a few forwards like that I say no. Hetherington reminds me of Jack Stockwell or Will Matthews. Useful player but not exactly championship material.

hermidale1

Juniors
Unlike Mary, Madge does not have the team he wants; he has Cleary's rabble of a team. Unlike Mary, Madge has won a premiership and unlike Mary, Madge is in his first year with a squad that badly needs upgrading.

It is relevant that Mary has been head coach of SGI for 5 years whereas Madge joined the Tigers after preseason this year.
So installing Madge as the coach, do you think it would have changed much? Don't think so.
Not supporting Mary but you are throwing up names which would probably not make a difference.

Dragonsamy

Bench

DWZ has signed with the Bulldogs

possm

Coach
Panthers are shopping RCG around because he's nowhere near where he was last year. He's either lost interest or carrying an injury. Since we already have a few forwards like that I say no. Hetherington reminds me of Jack Stockwell or Will Matthews. Useful player but not exactly championship material.
There are no SGI players who are former or currently at SOO level that we are unhappy with. The closest we could come to that scenario is Graham who is just growing tired legs after a long career at the top. So the players I would like to see drop off for RCG would be Latimore and Graham. Of course JDB also have to be counted in these numbers prior to June 30.

I say replace these three props with RCG, Timm and Kerr. We also need one good outside back before Jun 30. In recruiting these two new players and promoting Kerr and Timm to first grade, we will begin our preoperation for the 2020 season.

Isn't RCG a cousin of the Sims brothers? I think together they would make an awesome combination:
8. RCG
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Frizell
13. Lawrie

14. K Sims
15. Kerr / Timm
16. Leilua
17. Robson
Is that based on Graham being gone?