What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realist's only Please

bronco_buddy

Juniors
Where will The Broncos finish after 26 rounds in 2011?

I think we may again be held out of the top 8 (10th or 11th) by improving teams like the Sharks, Dogs or Cowboys

......and yes I see the humour in putting 'realist's, Sharks & top 8' in the same paragraph

Ausguy

Coach
we (sharks) will have a much better team this yr, and the main difference is the coach. so i agree with u.

AuDragon

Juniors
I think we have a good shot at the top 8, but it will depend on injuries. If we are spared of injuries to our major players, we might even be a chance to challenge for the premiership.

On the other hand, there is as big a chance that we'll finish outside the 8, be it because of injuries or if Henjak doesn't get the team playing (especially defending) consistantly.

Broncos93

Juniors
We're much stronger (squad and experience) than we were last season and most would argue the only reason we didn't make the eight was because of Lockyer's injury. Personally anything outside the eight will be below my expectations.

chefman21

Juniors
Depends on how some of last year's rookies go I think. If they stand up and avoid the second year syndrome, you will make a run for the title your team is that good. If they don't then you may struggle to make the 8.

beads6

First Grade
We have a good run with injures and we could make the top 4 if Lockyer is on fire. If injuries strike we could be well down the ladder especially with our lack of firepower in the backs.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yes I believe and expect us to make the top 8.

For us to push for the premiership a few things need to happen:

- Wallace to finally stand up
- McCullough to play like he did at the end of last season
- Whoever to partner Hannant in the front row stand up
- More impact off the bench

Obviously our defence needs to improve. We have enough strike power in the backline to put on points.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Extremely excited about the youth coming through, but in reality a couple of injuries to key personnel will cripple the Broncs quicker than other contending clubs. I am and have been for some time extremely concerned to the clubs post Locky plans. Even though Inglis showed his true clour was green (money) his versatility to play a number of backline positions was the cruelest blow to our club in the coming years as far as missing out on his signature, foresaking his overall lack of morales. I am waiting to see the development of young Kahu but I remain concerned to Ivans' drawing power as head coach even though I believe he has done an admirable job under hard conditions. Truth is and it's no secret, Hodgo goes down and the Broncs are screwed.

gUt

Coach
As others have said, we have a host of fine young talent coming through but we are going to need more than that to really threaten.

This is the year that McCullough and Wallace show the fans whether they are going to lead the Broncos' attack post-Lockyer, or not.

I predict we will finish 7 or 8.

Big Pete

Referee
He was playing injured through out last season, hopefully he recovers well from surgery.

Same with Macca.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Unlikely, IMO hes had plenty of time to show something, can't see it happening.

I agree with you, just saying if we are a chance of winning the premiership Wallace needs to fire.

Mind you we managed to carry Shane Perry through 2006...

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I reckon hunt showed what he could do at the end of last season and i reckon he will be putting lots of pressure on wallace which can only be good for both of them.

Big Pete

Referee
I agree with you, just saying if we are a chance of winning the premiership Wallace needs to fire.

Mind you we managed to carry Shane Perry through 2006...

Revisiting that season last year, I was surprised how well Perry actually played, his kicks would usually hold up in the in goal and defensively he was quite strong. Much more reliable than Seymour or even Wallace last year.

KiamaSaint

Coach
So many variables but I reckon your season hinges on two key factors, like every other side your injuries and secondly whether Ivan can get the best from his players. I have huge doubts that he can. If you have few injuries and the coach has a good year I believe the Broncos are a top 4 prospect.

Pigskin

Juniors
As many have said, I think around 6th to 10th is probably where we are at.

But all should remember ... we lost a few games early last year, then went on a big streak ... destroying a few teams at the time. I think you will find we were close to favourite to win the comp at that stage.

Now that in mind, adding Hannant to the front row, the young kids with another year of development, and Hodges - who at his best is better than Folau ... there is a case for us being serious contenders.

Well in the mix at least.

Sure lots of things have to go right, but its definitely possible.

Look at the opposition. I have no doubt the Dragons will be there or thereabouts, but they are not a patch on some of the great premiership sides of the last decade or two. And outside of them, go pick your top 8 ... I did recently for a tipping comp, and its a friggin nightmare.

Very very open comp.

Oink !

Last edited:

johns_reds

First Grade
This is quite a hard question to answer, i look at the teams of next season and find it very hard to pick between them. I see four teams who can finish anywhere between 1-4, i see another 7 teams battling out for the next four final spots and then there is the rest who i don't think will get near the 8:

Top 4: tigers, raiders, dragons, roosters
5-11: storm, panthers, titans, broncos, rabbitohs, warriors, cowboys
12-16: eels, sharks, eagles, knights, bulldogs

So based on the above i think Broncos can finish at best 5th and at worse 11th, We could easily miss out on the 8 again this season but for some reason i think we will sneak in at 6th.

Latest posts