What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons to be optimistic about 2012

The Nick

Bench
Wow so many people already writing off the 2012 season already!!!

Whilst I have concerns over the fact Moltzen has left a void in our squad, I am still excited about what next season brings!!!

Yeah yeah yeah we've lost Bennett, but he's been replaced by a man who has well and truly served his apprenticeship and is highly regarded around the club and was endorsed by Bennett himself! That is pretty good credentials if you ask me.

And not only that, but we have signed Folkes from the Tigers, a Premiership winner and a man respected in Rugby League. Hell, he even managed to turn Tim Sheens' heartless rabble into a top 4 side!!

Yeah we've lost Cuthbertson, big friggin deal. Yeah he played some decent games, but really it's not that big of a loss considering we still have a few decent forwards, oh just some guys by the names of Creagh, Young, Scott, Weyman, Hunt and Merrin. Pretty much an Origin forward pack, but whatever!

We have a Premiership winning halves combo which includes the incumbent NSW 5/8.

We have (in my opinion) the best centre getting around in the game, and he only seems to get better with age so looking forward to what Cooper produces next year. Oh and don't forget the Test and Origin winger outside him, Brett Morris. Actually stuff Brett Morris, what about that Nightingale bloke on the other side!!!!!

We have THE BEST juniors coming up in the game, De Belin, Kyle Stanley, Cameron King and Mitch Rein. Watch these boys go in 2012 and beyond!

So have a look at our squad and list below reasons we will be a force in 2012. I don't want to hear the term "rebuilding" in this thread, or for anyone to bemoan the loss of a ballplaying forward who struggled for a start last year anyway, or the botched signing of some heartless West Tiger who isn't even liked by his own fans!

F*CK ME FIRE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Love my Dragons

Juniors
Next year will be a rebuilding phase and some of that comes off the back of losing ball playing forward Cuthbertson. Unfortunately they screwed up the signing of the league's best fullback in Tim Moltzen, and that will be detrimental in finishing higher than the Sharks I just hope we will finish higher than 13th, that will be a successful season in my eyes. Just trying to help out Nick.

Rossco1

Juniors
Wow so many people already writing off the 2012 season already!!!

Whilst I have concerns over the fact Moltzen has left a void in our squad, I am still excited about what next season brings!!!

Yeah yeah yeah we've lost Bennett, but he's been replaced by a man who has well and truly served his apprenticeship and is highly regarded around the club and was endorsed by Bennett himself! That is pretty good credentials if you ask me.

And not only that, but we have signed Folkes from the Tigers, a Premiership winner and a man respected in Rugby League. Hell, he even managed to turn Tim Sheens' heartless rabble into a top 4 side!!

Yeah we've lost Cuthbertson, big friggin deal. Yeah he played some decent games, but really it's not that big of a loss considering we still have a few decent forwards, oh just some guys by the names of Creagh, Young, Scott, Weyman, Hunt and Merrin. Pretty much an Origin forward pack, but whatever!

We have a Premiership winning halves combo which includes the incumbent NSW 5/8.

We have (in my opinion) the best centre getting around in the game, and he only seems to get better with age so looking forward to what Cooper produces next year. Oh and don't forget the Test and Origin winger outside him, Brett Morris. Actually stuff Brett Morris, what about that Nightingale bloke on the other side!!!!!

We have THE BEST juniors coming up in the game, De Belin, Kyle Stanley, Cameron King and Mitch Rein. Watch these boys go in 2012 and beyond!

So have a look at our squad and list below reasons we will be a force in 2012. I don't want to hear the term "rebuilding" in this thread, or for anyone to bemoan the loss of a ballplaying forward who struggled for a start last year anyway, or the botched signing of some heartless West Tiger who isn't even liked by his own fans!

F*CK ME FIRE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick, you are correct in saying that we have a lot to look forward to in 2012: The young kids such as De Belin, King & Stanley will get more game time this year & as you pointed out they will grow in confidence with every game. Ben Hornby is still the best half in the club & deserves his spot as captain & I believe Jamie Soward will be given more freedom under Steve Price & our backs can only benefit from that. Fullback is the only position with a question mark but I would give Brett Morris the job, I think within 12 months he would be every bit as good as Boyd, I know he has played there before but I cant remember him having a bad game in that position.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Next year will be a rebuilding phase and some of that comes off the back of losing ball playing forward Cuthbertson. Unfortunately they screwed up the signing of the league's best fullback in Tim Moltzen, and that will be detrimental in finishing higher than the Sharks I just hope we will finish higher than 13th, that will be a successful season in my eyes. Just trying to help out Nick.

You need to be a bit more subtle with trolling.

Father Ted

First Grade

Moltzen the leagues best fullback?????????????? LOL At least we can still have a laugh

redvwhite

Juniors
The fact this thread actually exists is proof we are all concerned with what has happened and how badly we have come out of this, seemingly at this point.

Aside from that, nobody can predict the future but our actions today can make the future better or worse, and nothing is being done (to replace Moltzen) to fill the void as far as we all know.

TheRev

Coach
I dont see 2012 going anywhere without Moltzen or Carney, I think our lack of depth & quality will find us out as the season progresses. We got our pants pulled down with Bennetts departure and the cards didnt fall well at all with our signings.

However its not all doom & gloom, hopefully a couple of kids will find their feet, and we will know more about the futures of guys like Hornby, Young & Fien, we should be a lot more settled in 12 months on where our club is going post-Bennett.

redvwhite

Juniors
I dont see 2012 going anywhere without Moltzen or Carney, I think our lack of depth & quality will find us out as the season progresses. We got our pants pulled down with Bennetts departure and the cards didnt fall well at all with our signings.

However its not all doom & gloom, hopefully a couple of kids will find their feet, and we will know more about the futures of guys like Hornby, Young & Fien, we should be a lot more settled in 12 months on where our club is going post-Bennett.

True but goodness 12 months is a long time!! especially when you do have the bulk of a team that could vie for a minor premiership (just missing a key ingredient or two). I expect good things from the likes of Goodwin and K Stanley.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Did anyone think Manly could win the premiership let alone make the 8 this year after losing so many players?

Who knows what next season has in store for us. With all the new players and coach we might fire up and pull a Manly.

Stay positive people

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
I fully agree with you nick. We still have quality all over the park. Im excited to see what the young boys such as king and de belin can do. But I think this year will be a break out year for Bronx and K.Stanley. With a full pre season under their belts, they can step up to the plate.

1.Goodwin
6.Soward
7.Hornby
9.King

Looks good IMO. I got full belief in pricey and we are still capable of winning the comp for sure, we just need luck with injuries and cohesion in key positions.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Top 8 easy.

This.

We'll be right amongst it again. We were a field goal away from being every chance of going B2B. The core of the squad is still there and still young enough. New coach with an enviable track record with the youngins and he happens to have some of the best youngins going around.

Can't wait.

love my saints

Juniors
Been hearing all this talk about our so called lack of depth... Wtf??? Can somebody please tell me where we are lacking depth? From 1 to 5 we got, k Stanley, c Stanley, nighty, b.moz, Cooper, Goodwin, and that young gun fullback from Toyota cup that everyone has big wraps about. That's 7 player to cover 5 back positions, good depth there I'd say, halves, we got k Stanley and fien as back ups, need I go through our forwards??? Harden up ffs, 2012 will be a big year for the mighty dragons!!!!

redvwhite

Juniors
what do you guys think about the vidot signing?? and where hell fit into our squad???

It will be hit and miss with him I would guess. He will get his opportunity. Hopefully he takes it and scores lots of tries. The same can be said for K Stanley and Bronx Goodwin...heaps of potential.

It could be a great year for these young blokes but I will keep saying it until action takes place, we need a classy replacement for the loss of our fullback and centre and fullback again.

Latest posts