What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Podcast

SAP58

Juniors
To those who are interested and are savvy with social media and the like there is a new podcast that has been set up by Jack Clifton dedicated to the Dragons. They plan on interviewing current and former players, fans and the like in 2020. Following is a Facebook link that gives some information if you have a Facebook account. The first interview is on 20 January with Jamie Soward talking about his career and the Dragons chances in 2020.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Red-V-Podcast-101577764719540/?view_public_for=101577764719540

BLM01

First Grade
To those who are interested and are savvy with social media and the like there is a new podcast that has been set up by Jack Clifton dedicated to the Dragons. They plan on interviewing current and former players, fans and the like in 2020. Following is a Facebook link that gives some information if you have a Facebook account. The first interview is on 20 January with Jamie Soward talking about his career and the Dragons chances in 2020.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Red-V-Podcast-101577764719540/?view_public_for=101577764719540
I am in.......you can get it also on Spotify. On around 9.00pm.

Red V for life

Juniors
Thanks for the heads up.

Listened to it first thing Tuesday morning and thought it was pretty darn good. Liked Sowie’s openness about why he departed and his only regret (won’t spoil it for those who’ve yet to listen).

Can’t wait for next week’s instalment.

BLM01

First Grade
Thanks for the heads up.

Listened to it first thing Tuesday morning and thought it was pretty darn good. Liked Sowie’s openness about why he departed and his only regret (won’t spoil it for those who’ve yet to listen).

Can’t wait for next week’s instalment.
You can now enlighten me abt Sowies comments have not had time to listen and by now those that wanted to have. Pls.

Red V for life

Juniors
You can now enlighten me abt Sowies comments have not had time to listen and by now those that wanted to have. Pls.

His biggest regret of his career was not getting to do a final lap at Kogarah or Wollongong (given how it all ended).

On the topic of why he left, he pointed the finger inward at himself and outward at the club and I respected that. He thought he deserved better but acknowledged he didn’t necessarily agree with the way Price tried to put his mark on the team. It was destined to fail.

His view on our 2020 recruitment activity (or lack thereof) was pretty good. Like most of us he cannot understand why we have been recruiting forwards and not backs.

Good offseason find this podcast. Just hope it’s not the most entertaining thing to do with the Dragons this season.

BLM01

First Grade
His biggest regret of his career was not getting to do a final lap at Kogarah or Wollongong (given how it all ended).

On the topic of why he left, he pointed the finger inward at himself and outward at the club and I respected that. He thought he deserved better but acknowledged he didn’t necessarily agree with the way Price tried to put his mark on the team. It was destined to fail.

His view on our 2020 recruitment activity (or lack thereof) was pretty good. Like most of us he cannot understand why we have been recruiting forwards and not backs.

Good offseason find this podcast. Just hope it’s not the most entertaining thing to do with the Dragons this season.
Hopefully I get a chance this weekend to listen to it or after the second weeks hopefully I get a chance this weekend to listen to it or after the second week's podcast podcast. Thx for your efforts.

BLM01

First Grade

hopefully I get a chance this weekend to listen to it or after the second week's podcast podcast. Thx for your efforts.

Nothing on the Fake Coach?

Straight Shooter

SAP58

Juniors
Nothing on the Fake Coach?

Straight Shooter
He did say a few times there was too much chopping & changing in the side last year which I would take as a criticism of the Fake Man. I also liked his comment that we don’t have a strike centre referring to Aitken & Lafai. Open check book question - he was surprised we didn’t have a bid for Latrell. Has also had wrap on Cody Ramsey.
I thought they did a great job in the interview & thought the interview was interesting & well presented. Looking forward to listening next week.

BLM01

First Grade
He did say a few times there was too much chopping & changing in the side last year which I would take as a criticism of the Fake Man. I also liked his comment that we don’t have a strike centre referring to Aitken & Lafai. Open check book question - he was surprised we didn’t have a bid for Latrell. Has also had wrap on Cody Ramsey.
I thought they did a great job in the interview & thought the interview was interesting & well presented. Looking forward to listening next week.
Yeh Sowie is well media trained. He knows he cant fire direct bullets at someone in office if he wants to remain working for the NRL and Channel 9. Just got read between the lines which was pretty easy to do.
Why have we not chased outside backs and dabbled at Latrell, Leilua?. Why sign more forwards?..why Issac Luke?..and last years chopping and changing bit + he thought we treated Norman disrespectfully to push him to fullback to accommodate Widdop when we could ot make the semis.
Sailor is not a winger, Lomax is a potential strike centre........the list goes on and on.
The only thing left for Sowie to say was McGregor cant coach but he did trot out the distractions and injuries excuses...to go on to say "I dont buy them"....and the golden one Mary has not done it in the time he has been there..well he has had enough time

Timmay

Juniors
Great Podcast. Thanks for sharing.

gitano

Juniors
Honestly I was a bit disappointed. Soward mentioned not one player from the 2009-11 sides at all. Talked in clichès and never really added anything from behind the curtain about what made that side special.

That said, I'll tune In next episode.

BLM01

First Grade
Honestly I was a bit disappointed. Soward mentioned not one player from the 2009-11 sides at all. Talked in clichès and never really added anything from behind the curtain about what made that side special.

That said, I'll tune In next episode.
You did not listen very well. He did not need to single players out He talked about Wayne Bennett and the aura and part fear of him that came with it. They just trained harder to pls and they had a special bond between each other that they knew at times they won't be beaten if they were on
So behind the curtain it is what Wayne does best....bring the right players and people together. Doesn't always = 1st place but.......pretty successful formula to be competitive

gitano

Juniors
You did not listen very well. He did not need to single players out He talked about Wayne Bennett and the aura and part fear of him that came with it. They just trained harder to pls and they had a special bond between each other that they knew at times they won't be beaten if they were on
So behind the curtain it is what Wayne does best....bring the right players and people together. Doesn't always = 1st place but.......pretty successful formula to be competitive
Nothing that hasn't already been said many times through traditional media, or nothing that wasn't already known and accepted.

The good thing about podcasts is the freedom it gives for players to relax and offer up more, if the host asks the right questions and sets the right environment.

Maybe Sowie was playing with a straight bat to protect his current positions in the media, but saying nothing more than Wayne Bennett knows how to unify and get the most out of a group isn't exactly groundbreaking.

Check out The Howie Games podcast, it's quality and you get to know the athlete and more about the inner workings of their environment.

grouch

First Grade
I also thought Sowie did a great job. The hosts seemed to be keen to cover as much ground as possible, rather than diving deep into one specific period. I'm sure if probed Jamie would have been happy to go there.

BLM01

First Grade
Nothing that hasn't already been said many times through traditional media, or nothing that wasn't already known and accepted.

The good thing about podcasts is the freedom it gives for players to relax and offer up more, if the host asks the right questions and sets the right environment.

Maybe Sowie was playing with a straight bat to protect his current positions in the media, but saying nothing more than Wayne Bennett knows how to unify and get the most out of a group isn't exactly groundbreaking.

Check out The Howie Games podcast, it's quality and you get to know the athlete and more about the inner workings of their environment.
You are correct he does have to play a straight bat but didn't hold any punches but still was diplomatic in regards to what Steve Price brought to the club.

Latest posts