What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Podcast

jackyboi90

Juniors

As the Dragons pull out their first Charity Shield win since 2012, the Red V Podcast is on-hand to dissect the result and to bring you all of the very best coverage about St George Illawarra.

We have a full match review of the Charity Shield. Who were the stars? Who surprised us? Who locked down their spot in the 17 before Round 1?

St George SG Ball skipper and half-back Nicholas Quinn chats with Jack and Johnny about their loss against Manly on the weekend, the sweeping changes made by the district in the off-season, what the captaincy means to him plus lots more.

Also we recap the latest news surrounding the club (Illawarra Steelers 40 year anniversary of their 1st premiership match, Johnny Raper farewelled , NSW Cup trial results and 1st grade squad gets a well earned rest.

We also recap the NRLW win on the weekend and answer your fans questions! Listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean Stitcher and all other good podcast providers. #redv

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

As the Dragons pull out their first Charity Shield win since 2012, the Red V Podcast is on-hand to dissect the result and to bring you all of the very best coverage about St George Illawarra.

We have a full match review of the Charity Shield. Who were the stars? Who surprised us? Who locked down their spot in the 17 before Round 1?

St George SG Ball skipper and half-back Nicholas Quinn chats with Jack and Johnny about their loss against Manly on the weekend, the sweeping changes made by the district in the off-season, what the captaincy means to him plus lots more.

Also we recap the latest news surrounding the club (Illawarra Steelers 40 year anniversary of their 1st premiership match, Johnny Raper farewelled , NSW Cup trial results and 1st grade squad gets a well earned rest.

We also recap the NRLW win on the weekend and answer your fans questions! Listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean Stitcher and all other good podcast providers. #redv
Another very good episode. Thanks again. As was said in the podcast - "The footy's back - how good!"

jackyboi90

Juniors
The biggest Red V Podcast of 2022!
The boys react to the team list announcement from the club and talk about the omissions of Burgess and Sims.
We preview the clash on Saturday against the Warriors and pick out who we think the stars will be?
NRLW player Janelle Williams stops by for a chat about the season so far. Plus we cover the latest news, lower grade roundup, NRLW wrap and we tackle your fans questions! #redv

jackyboi90

Juniors

Who is still stoked about the Dragons victory over the Warriors last week?
Hear all about the win on this week's podcast as Jack and Pottzy fill you in on what we liked/disliked about the performance.
We preview the big match against Penrith on Friday. What do the boys need to do to cause the upset? Who will stand up for the Red V?
Plus latest Dragons news (Sims and Bird updates, team list review plus lots more).
We answer your fans questions and cover all of the Lower Grade results and team lists.
#redv

jackyboi90

Juniors
In an extra long episode of the Red V Podcast, we talk about some of the fall out from the latest issues affecting the club.
The George Burgess saga, what does it mean for the club? Is there a culture problem?
Plus we have a full review of the loss against the Panthers. We chat the positives, the dreadful refereeing decisions and what we can take out of it as fans.

Plus preview the clash against Cronulla, latest Dragons news, roundup the lower grades at the club, chat with NRLW player Renee Targett and answer your fans questions!
Thanks for your support folks! #redv

jackyboi90

Juniors
St George Illawarra NRLW coach Jamie Soward stops by the Red V Podcast for a chat about everything NRLW.
Elsewhere we give an honest (and at times scathing) review of the loss against Cronulla and back that up with the preview of this week's crunch game against Parramatta (what has to change?).

Plus a round up of the NRLW, lower grades (what is happening with our NSW Cup side??), fans questions and latest news about the club.

jackyboi90

Juniors

In a week where the Dragons had one of their most insipid defeats in recent memory, we challenge the thought process of accountability at the club? Who is to blame? Has Anthony Griffin lost the plot with these recent changes? Does it go higher up the chain than the coach?

We do a full post-mortem on that disgraceful loss to Parramatta, preview the game against Souths (Is there any hope for us?).
Plus NRLW Wrap, latest Dragons news, answer your hard hitting fan questions and round up all of the lower grade results at the club

jackyboi90

Juniors
Harder to find those bright spots, but glad you enjoyed the show! Thanks for tuning in and showing support
Thanks guys - as always really interesting and informative about all things Dragons. A bright spot even in these depressing team performance times

Crush

Coach
Harder to find those bright spots, but glad you enjoyed the show! Thanks for tuning in and showing support
Thanks Jack, you are always pretty balanced and lean towards optimism but seems you are struggling to see the positives like most of us.
I think we were all excited about Sloan and Amone and to see them dropped by round 4 is just so disheartening. I could accept a re-building season if it meant we were in fact building towards something. With Mbye starting in the spine it shows that Hook doesn't have a long term plan, its Norman auto-select all over again.....

jackyboi90

Juniors
Thanks Jack, you are always pretty balanced and lean towards optimism but seems you are struggling to see the positives like most of us.
I think we were all excited about Sloan and Amone and to see them dropped by round 4 is just so disheartening. I could accept a re-building season if it meant we were in fact building towards something. With Mbye starting in the spine it shows that Hook doesn't have a long term plan, its Norman auto-select all over again.....
And he was so arrogant when he arrived about how this wasn’t a rebuild. 9 wins and 19 losses since then…
I can cop the Amone and Sloan droppings if there was a plan. But It just seems so haphazard. Players being chopped and changed at will, no real improvement defensively or even an improvement In our discipline. Very frustrating so felt I had to iron out the club, based on what we have seen the last 3 seasons

since77

Juniors

In a week where the Dragons had one of their most insipid defeats in recent memory, we challenge the thought process of accountability at the club? Who is to blame? Has Anthony Griffin lost the plot with these recent changes? Does it go higher up the chain than the coach?

We do a full post-mortem on that disgraceful loss to Parramatta, preview the game against Souths (Is there any hope for us?).
Plus NRLW Wrap, latest Dragons news, answer your hard hitting fan questions and round up all of the lower grade results at the club
Listened during the week and I’ve got to say, I found myself nodding along in agreement to pretty much everything you guys said. Every point you made was spot on. What upsets me is that we all breathed such a huge sigh of relief when we finally got rid of the stain on our club that McGregor was and now we’re here entertaining the notion that the guy we replaced him with might not be a whole lot better. I hope I’m wrong and I do think we need to reserve judgment until mid season but geez it’s not looking good right now is it?

jackyboi90

Juniors
Listened during the week and I’ve got to say, I found myself nodding along in agreement to pretty much everything you guys said. Every point you made was spot on. What upsets me is that we all breathed such a huge sigh of relief when we finally got rid of the stain on our club that McGregor was and now we’re here entertaining the notion that the guy we replaced him with might not be a whole lot better. I hope I’m wrong and I do think we need to reserve judgment until mid season but geez it’s not looking good right now is it?
Oh it’s been tragic mate! So upsetting to again see us going through the same issues.
the most concerning thing for me is how we continue to do the basics so poorly. Why hasn’t there been any improvement with that?

thebigredv

First Grade
Oh it’s been tragic mate! So upsetting to again see us going through the same issues.
the most concerning thing for me is how we continue to do the basics so poorly. Why hasn’t there been any improvement with that?

I'm beyond curious to know what is the disconnect between players and coach? What are the team spending time on at training and why isn't it translating to the field? Or is the mode of attack to look as pedestrian and clunky as we can because we seem to do that each game without fail.

Beyond that there are the same issues - no on field leadership, a mannequin of a hooker, zero match awareness and poor discipline.

If we beat Newcastle it will be in spite of the coach.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I'm beyond curious to know what is the disconnect between players and coach? What are the team spending time on at training and why isn't it translating to the field? Or is the mode of attack to look as pedestrian and clunky as we can because we seem to do that each game without fail.

Beyond that there are the same issues - no on field leadership, a mannequin of a hooker, zero match awareness and poor discipline.

If we beat Newcastle it will be in spite of the coach.
Sad, but true. How can the team be so clueless week after week? Surely professional athletes have some personal pride in their performance?

Latest posts