What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe Dolphins recruitment targets

Iamback

Coach
Having watched him for the past 5 years, the next half in that grou is Isaiah Katoa, would be no surprise if he is not the 6 or 7 halfway though the season. He’s an exceptional talent, and I’m not a Penrith fan

He is going to be a machine, Hopefully he gets a game or 2 in the World Cup to help his development

MugaB

Coach
Come on Dolphins! Buy some backs - probably a centre. Based on that side Edrick Lee would be ahead of Isaako also.
Nope, Isaako would be the other Winger, robert jennings is a centre... PR keeps putting him in the run onside.. he would be a best an 18th man

MugaB

Coach
Isaako shouldn’t be near a first grade side (if they are going well). He was absolutely dreadful for the Titans
He turned up halfway thru the season... i wouldn't put it all on him.... the titans just haven't ever learned how to defend for 80 mins

MugaB

Coach
He wouldn’t have played many games for you last year, would he?

There was a period of about 10-12 weeks where the Titans kept picking Isaako and he was an absolute liability.
Id say he lost us more games than we won

Colk

First Grade
He turned up halfway thru the season... i wouldn't put it all on him.... the titans just haven't ever learned how to defend for 80 mins

He couldn’t even catch the ball at one stage. It was as bad as when CNK was playing fullback for us early in the year and that’s bad.

Iamback

Coach
He wouldn’t have played many games for you last year, would he?

There was a period of about 10-12 weeks where the Titans kept picking Isaako and he was an absolute liability.

He was the back up centre so got 8 games, Neither are long term options

MugaB

Coach
I reckon Hammer goes there... whenever he returns from injury.... they'll get themselves a stable fullback... its seems to be a defensive minded side.. not too many flashy players that have that hail mary type plays
.. no zac lomax flick pass sheeeet!!!

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade

Really? Wow he played more games than I thought. Can’t say I ever really noticed him that much btw but yeah the fact that Isaako and him are being talked about probably means that they are a little light on in the backs

thenrlphinsider

Juniors
Katoa was good for Tonga this morning. Couldn't expect much more from an 18 year old on that kind of stage. The The must be pleased
Yep, a good hit out for the young bloke. Just an exciting prospect. The good news is he will be under the tutelage of Wayne Bennett who can develop young talent as well as any coach.

thenrlphinsider

Juniors
Rumoured to be chasing union back

I don't know much about Shaun having given up on rugby some time ago (a whole other thread). I checked out some YouTube stuff, though I have no opinion on him or the signing outside of the fact if he was an All Black, he has some natural ability.

Does anyone have any comments on him?