What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reddy and Millard

doyen

Bench
I wonder why Madge won't select him?

Too much of a gamble!!

I don't think Millard was as bad as some are making out either.

He showed some class in his try assist for Reddy.

He tried to shut down some attacking moves in defence but failed.

He will learn from that;hopefully.

Madge has retained him so he must have been reasonably happy with Millard.

Gray could play but that would also be a significant gamble!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Too much of a gamble!!

Agree on the fact a big occasion isn't the best time to make gambles.

I hope Millard improves on Friday. The thing I want Millard to do is defend very well. Last week his defence was very ordinary.

I'm sure Madge has told him the few things he has to work on.

Ttime

Juniors
Why not???

Yeah you know what... maybe he can. A hard lock who just hits it up in the middle might be a great way to offset two ball playing locks on either flank. Like playing with three props on the field.

My main point was how different he is to our former locks (Sammy Burgess, Benny Lowe, Chris McQueen, etc.)

Too much of a gamble!!

Maguire in his after the game video report did say he was happy with Millard's performance.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Maguire in his after the game video report did say he was happy with Millard's performance.

Yeah I heard that and then Madge said something like each individual has to improve their game.

This week I heard Madge saying the middle men need to help the fringes more in defence and the fringes need to help the middle men. Madge said they are having a look at improving defensively in general too and not making as many silly errors which puts lots of pressure on out wide defensively.

Madge knows there are some deficiencies and he is doing his best to try too make sure the guys cover them up on the field.

doyen

Bench
Yeah I heard that and then Madge said something like each individual has to improve their game.

This week I heard Madge saying the middle men need to help the fringes more in defence and the fringes need to help the middle men. Madge said they are having a look at improving defensively in general too and not making as many silly errors which puts lots of pressure on out wide defensively.

Madge knows there are some deficiencies and he is doing his best to try too make sure the guys cover them up on the field.

From what I've seen,Millard is a class player.

He needs to regain his NRL legs though.

He's been away for a good while.Much more intense in the NRL.

He was held in very high regard in ESL.

I'm really hoping he is a masterstroke on Madge's behalf.

I think he is a great ball-player--something Sths haven't had in the backline.Maybe he will be OK!!

hurricane57

Juniors
Exactly.

I'd rather we have kids making these errors instead of 30 year olds who aren't up to FG standard.

Exactly right. Lets look at last year with the likes of Johnston and Walker. Two young blokes who only got a run due to injury.

If I have one criticism of Madge its that he doesn't experiment enough. I always give him the benefit of the doubt, after all, he is the coach.

If for example he sticks with Lowe next week I can give him a prediction - Ben Lowe will give at least one penalty away, in the ruck area, and no way in the world will Lowe pass the ball.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Both Millard & Reddy have gotta go....please please can they take Lowe with them.

I thought Lowe was bad yesterday. But then I looked at the stats and was proven wrong.

33 tackles with only 1 missed.
8 hit ups for 52m
1 penalty conceded
0 handling errors.

They are very solid stats so he deserves a break on yesterday's effort.

Aaron Gray is injured. I can't see Madge dropping Reddy or Millard, he will stick with them.

They both nearly give me a heart attack every time they get the ball though.

They both aren't 1st graders.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Exactly right. Lets look at last year with the likes of Johnston and Walker. Two young blokes who only got a run due to injury.

If I have one criticism of Madge its that he doesn't experiment enough. I always give him the benefit of the doubt, after all, he is the coach.

If for example he sticks with Lowe next week I can give him a prediction - Ben Lowe will give at least one penalty away, in the ruck area, and no way in the world will Lowe pass the ball.

Well McQueen has given 2 penalties away plus made 2 handling errors in both the last 2 weeks so maybe we should have a go at him.

Yes Lowe doesn't pass the ball and I wouldn't expect him too. I would rather Souths complete sets rather than force the ball.

McQueen rarely passes either.

hurricane57

Juniors
Well McQueen has given 2 penalties away plus made 2 handling errors in both the last 2 weeks so maybe we should have a go at him.

Yes Lowe doesn't pass the ball and I wouldn't expect him too. I would rather Souths complete sets rather than force the ball.

McQueen rarely passes either.

If you want to drop[ McQueen I'd support that move and if you want to look at another player who's ordinary more often than not have a good look at Clarke. He's another player who didn't reach his potential.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If you want to drop[ McQueen I'd support that move and if you want to look at another player who's ordinary more often than not have a good look at Clarke. He's another player who didn't reach his potential.

No I don't want McQueen dropped, he just needs to pick up his performances. Ball handling and discipline and he'll be fine.

Clark is very solid. In the Tigers game 12 hit ups for 82m and against Dogs 10 hit ups for 67m.

In both those games Clark made 2 offloads and was very solid in defence.

Clark is good at lock for us.

It would be good if Lowe cuts out the silly penalty or 2 he gives a game. Lowe is very solid in defence though which Madge likes.

McQueen hasn't reached his potential but I think Clark will.

Anyway after this season Lowe will retire.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Ship them both off to England. Absolutely horrendous they are both worse than Talanoa at least he had a go.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Next week I expect Reddy to go back to how he normally plays:

POORLY AND NOT REDDY. BACK INTO HIS REDDY LAND. OH I HAD 1 GOOD GAME, BACKWARDS AGAIN I COME!!!!!