What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

oikee

Juniors
All this f**king tiring bullshit regarding the salary cap and juniors is as nauseating as me continually soapboxing my ideas on the subject. I'm not going to go away voluntarily so how can I expect anyone to be happy with an 'alternative'

Jabba is calling for another bandaid, an 'internal draft' whatever the f**k that is to make blokes like DCE make their plans public before the event. Anyone who thinks 'money' can be diffused through regulation is naïve, it's not salaries that need capping it's f**king laziness that needs capping

Seriously, what does 'large junior breeding grounds' have to do with anything. What single 'breeding ground' is larger than NZ, Bellamy wanders around the joint picking up talent like it's growing on trees. If the NRL were serious about a 'level playing field' all that needs to be done is place a minimum cap for every club on junior development somewhere, anywhere, within the NRL boundaries

If every club is told they have to spend a required amount in a genuine attempt to promote junior development does it matter where. Maybe it helps for crowds if clubs do it in their local area but would the Raiders mind if the Perth Reds supported Canberra juniors to make up their quota. Claiming players before they are introduced to the NRL is an excuse for mediocrisy

Jabba goes from supporting the Roosters in a red phone box to the Panthers dancing with wolves, still he uses players from all over the joint. What's more important, the Eels having first dibs in the Parramatta district, discarding/disappointing juniors not quite good enough or searching out players from all over and being allowed to keep them

Being allowed or helped to keep players that have been transformed from juniors to NRL players is the key to a level playing ground. Some dickwad says its unfair other teams can't have the same talent as the Roosters. Brian Smith had plenty of talent but like Sticky he doesn't know what to tell them without a blackboard

The answer is to make all clubs support junior development equally somewhere, look hard for new players and teach them how to play NRL standard Rugby League. Clubs need to be rewarded for doing what the game needs to prosper and probably penalised for poaching which is promoting stagnancy.

Instructors/scouts have a bigger influence on the game than players, reward their efforts and everything else will fall into place. People in Penrith won't give a rat's arse who Jabba has to employ to get the job done, they will care if other clubs are allowed to leech off the finished product . . . supporters will only take so much poaching

Well said,
You know what the real problem is, our faking systems and rules and set-ups are all outdated relics of the past that just are not and dont work in the modern world.

The only old value left in the modern world is Radio city hall, and that is for the romantics.

Our game needs faking change across the whole faking spectrum.

You only need to look outside that faking bubble created by the zombie dinosaurs who are happy for the code to stay the way it is, why, because it suits their habits.

Even superleague England has a successful player loan system that seems to work OK.

The point being, we can have a better set-up for distributing our talent, our juniors, than what we have got.
Manly originally, and the Roosters player rosters are so far ahead of the comp it is just creating a faking shared premiership shot. You can nearly add the Bulldogs to that system now, because Dessie knows all the faking tricks as well.

It amazes me how the Dragons who are a basketcase, can lose two of the Morris twins to the dogs.
The NRL should never have allowed that to happen.

It is nothing more than musical chairs, and the fans have had a gutful.

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
'Distributing' is not what I'm on about, 'discovery' is the only thing that interests me. Let's assume the Sharks are the reason the salary cap came into being in the first place, and a lot of people think they were the catalyst, suppose instead of trying to bring other clubs down to their level they were the club that gave Bellamy a shot at the top grade. It's not like he cost an arm and a leg in the beginning

Transform everything the Storm are renowned for to the Shire, good and bad, we then have Melbourne the laughing stock of the game and the Sharks public enemy #1 for the last ten years. It would be worse because they have neighbours, worse still if Bellamy favoured poaching.

All it would have taken is a little risk taking, not just with coaching but with players. The Sharks could have had all the now Melbourne champions for the same cheap initial price, the difference being no-one could deny the Sharks because they are the club we supposedly all wanted to catch up. Still, if all this had eventuated you can bet your balls they would now be as hated as Melbourne

The point is when League should be encouraging clubs to search for talent it is merely encouraging the poaching of it

expert

Juniors
Well fmd, whaddyaknow . . . expert really is a f**kwit
Like all lol@souffs fans I bet you have @ least 2 teeth missing? And on the name calling that's the ole' tea pot calling the kettle............. Nothing to do with short and stout either.... You'd know that if you weren't a truant!

expert

Juniors
I suppose the interest for most will be how many points Souths will put on the Eels, I'm more interested in seeing how the Eels are going and how the Rabbitohs are adjusting with Stewart replacing Te'o as surprise weapon. Not used to missing games but not long before I return home

Tigers/Dogs should be interesting, Todd is talking up less interchange so his mob must have some fleet footed players in mind for poaching. CB will need to start the game running, Taylor will most certainly have his team exploding off the chocks but Richards will be sorely missed

Stone says there is a new calmness in the joint, more like a new attitude imo and plenty of it. Penrith better be prepared for the rough and tumble coming their way, hope injury prevention management is up to scratch. Starting Gidley is a good move, Sione 18th? will do better when the softening up is over and the probable loss of Kurt is no big deal

Best thing about the game at Remondis is either the Sharks or Titans will win . . . one of them is going to boost their confidence. Couple of debutants might make it worth a look

Dragons will need every bit of their WIN luck to beat the Seagles who sooner rather than later will stop crunching gears

I like two-up odds so I'd never bet on the Warriors, their dumb and dumber halves pairing might be interesting now and again but not worth risking any pension money. They will have to be on their game to beat the Broncos

The Rooster gun will have to go off in it's holster and have them on one foot for Sticky not to need a box of tissues

Not sure I appreciate that the Cowboys must win this one, Melbourne aren't exactly setting the world on fire. Will however be interesting to see how the new halves combination goes against the best one man team in the comp
Well there you have it................

POPEYE

Coach
Well there you have it................

Still not convinced Bigcoq, too many longnecks and you'll forget who you are

Fabulous result as far as I'm concerned, Arthur detractors can suck shit . . . he's the best thing to happen in the joint since Gibson

expert

Juniors
Still not convinced Bigcoq, too many longnecks and you'll forget who you are

Fabulous result as far as I'm concerned, Arthur detractors can suck shit . . . he's the best thing to happen in the joint since Gibson
ICE must be a wonderful drug??????????? Cheeewaaaaa Redneck!!!!!!!!!!

POPEYE

Coach
Did we have 4 great coaches on show last night or will the wankers be out in force doing their best to undermine the game yet again. Dogs are where they are because of Hasler, I'd prefer they relocated but as long as he's in control Todd can rest easy, appears the Tigers are in good hands but like Parramatta a lot depends on matters out of the coach's control

Maguire like Bellamy and Robinson has nothing to prove and Stone is still the rock he always was going to be if left alone. Remains to be seen if Toovey is given the right of reply but imo adversity will make him even better. Cleary has the necessary knowhow and Benny is Benny in his element. I'm confident any of the above could coach any of the above teams with the bounce of the ball the difference

The rest need to take control over their players, not sure they're strong enough to match the others in power of mind. The reality is if the game is left to the great coaches to determine winners on the day wankers can go follow another sport, maybe one day there will be 16 supercoaches and we can all sit back and just enjoy the contest

Blues Riff

Bench
Popeye, clicking on the thread and reading it are not the same thing.
Thread needs traffic cones and a fire hose.

POPEYE

Coach
Crikey we've had some seriously f**king good results for Rugby League and the weekend's not over yet, Cowboys getting up would be the icing on a cake that a couple of weeks ago was looking to become prematurely stale. If no-one gets injured or suspended I won't mind Melbourne getting narrowly beaten

Who would have imagined the Dogs jumping up and down in relief, Benny hoping to keep Johnson senseless or his road will look even more Stoney, Arthur says f**k youse all and I only dreamed the Dragons tripping over the Seagles. What if Sticky . . . . . .

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
'Distributing' is not what I'm on about, 'discovery' is the only thing that interests me. Let's assume the Sharks are the reason the salary cap came into being in the first place, and a lot of people think they were the catalyst, suppose instead of trying to bring other clubs down to their level they were the club that gave Bellamy a shot at the top grade. It's not like he cost an arm and a leg in the beginning

Transform everything the Storm are renowned for to the Shire, good and bad, we then have Melbourne the laughing stock of the game and the Sharks public enemy #1 for the last ten years. It would be worse because they have neighbours, worse still if Bellamy favoured poaching.

All it would have taken is a little risk taking, not just with coaching but with players. The Sharks could have had all the now Melbourne champions for the same cheap initial price, the difference being no-one could deny the Sharks because they are the club we supposedly all wanted to catch up. Still, if all this had eventuated you can bet your balls they would now be as hated as Melbourne

The point is when League should be encouraging clubs to search for talent it is merely encouraging the poaching of it

Agree.
100% agree.
To be honest, i would love for the NRL to try a points system for players ratings and what they are worth.
Lets take money, FAKING MONEY out of the system for buying and selling.
Lets dare to dream, lets dare to be bold and introduce something different, new even,.

oikee

Juniors
Crikey we've had some seriously f**king good results for Rugby League and the weekend's not over yet, Cowboys getting up would be the icing on a cake that a couple of weeks ago was looking to become prematurely stale. If no-one gets injured or suspended I won't mind Melbourne getting narrowly beaten

Who would have imagined the Dogs jumping up and down in relief, Benny hoping to keep Johnson senseless or his road will look even more Stoney, Arthur says f**k youse all and I only dreamed the Dragons tripping over the Seagles. What if Sticky . . . . . .

:shock: So one weekend where results seem to swing the other way and all is good. ?

Dont get sucked into a system that can use a band-aid to smooth results.
I mean the last video ref call in the Warriors Broncos game is a true fact of how faked-up this code really is.
The Broncos player touched the ball and it should have been a 20 metre restart, knock-on call, no,,,, no,,, it was awarded a try.

Not to mention we had video ref after video ref look at try results.
I mean how many times can you keep looking at a decision.
I went down to the park and had a BBQ and came back to see the end of one lot of video ref looks to try and find a mistake, or whatever.
I dont even know what they are looking for half the time.

This is a bent and busted system, just waiting for more fans to walk away.

Talking about fans.
14,500 odd at the warriors Broncos, you got that amount in Brisbane and people would be screaming to close the code down.

Dont get sucked in popeye. It will just some back to bite ya on the ass.

Bigcoq

Juniors
:shock: So one weekend where results seem to swing the other way and all is good. ?

Dont get sucked into a system that can use a band-aid to smooth results.
I mean the last video ref call in the Warriors Broncos game is a true fact of how faked-up this code really is.
The Broncos player touched the ball and it should have been a 20 metre restart, knock-on call, no,,,, no,,, it was awarded a try.

Not to mention we had video ref after video ref look at try results.
I mean how many times can you keep looking at a decision.
I went down to the park and had a BBQ and came back to see the end of one lot of video ref looks to try and find a mistake, or whatever.
I dont even know what they are looking for half the time.

This is a bent and busted system, just waiting for more fans to walk away.

Talking about fans.
14,500 odd at the warriors Broncos, you got that amount in Brisbane and people would be screaming to close the code down.

Dont get sucked in popeye. It will just some back to bite ya on the ass.
Mate, Try being a chooks supporter. To prove my point in refs inconsistencies in 014 the Chooks recieved 120 less penalties than their redfern counterparts, yet still managed to score more points than them and be the best team over the 26 rounds. My loyalty alone keeps me interested, Robbo's policy [while honourable] of we don't lay down and to never give up even against the officials paid off in 013. I'd be happy if the Roosters dogged it like the Panthers, Melbourne, Panthers and Souths to get a leg up, then again my personality would disagree. I agree somthing needs to be fixed.

POPEYE

Coach
Mate, Try being a chooks supporter. To prove my point in refs inconsistencies in 014 the Chooks recieved 120 less penalties than their redfern counterparts, yet still managed to score more points than them and be the best team over the 26 rounds. My loyalty alone keeps me interested, Robbo's policy [while honourable] of we don't lay down and to never give up even against the officials paid off in 013. I'd be happy if the Roosters dogged it like the Panthers, Melbourne, Panthers and Souths to get a leg up, then again my personality would disagree. I agree somthing needs to be fixed.

You see, oikee's not that hard to talk to . . . he might even be a pig hunter, or at least someone to take to Goodooga

POPEYE

Coach
I'm not afraid to put my hand up and say that I enjoy the Roosters being the yardstick of the '15 comp, anyone who bothers reading this thread knows I consider them the 2014 champions, the team that wins the JJG Shield is the best team imo. Every time Jabba or anyone puts them on a pedestal 'I f**king told you so' comes readily to mind

That may be the main reason I consider them the team to beat but as always there's nothing better than to see the Mitchell Pearce detractors suck shit, they spent years belittling a bloke that was deprived when it counted of expert coaching and had to virtually play it by ear. No rocket scientist is Wayne's boy, not a footballing brain like some of the best halves but he had talent to burn when a teenager

F**k it's great to listen to the crickets when Pearce takes another step along the road to where he should have arrived years ago, if ever a player was seriously in danger of being neglected it was him. When that f**kwit Smith was in charge, a time that Robinson was sorely needed in Mitchell's career, the little bloke reminded me of a pup being whipped without knowing why, the eyes told the story

He may never be the greatest #7 in the game, not even if he had been given the tutelage he deserved, but he is finally becoming the rarity that all good halfback are. It's well worth it, for me at least if only for this one reason, to see the Tricolours kick arse

Latest posts