What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds in the Media

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
All points taken and you are right with your WA Reds points. Their professionalism has been good considering the budget and time they have had.

They could make their website [WARL include] more professional and keep it up to date more regularly.

Being a player, coach and spectator for the past 6 years I have felt the WARL have looked after ‘their own’ and not been fair to ‘outsiders’. You look at clubs like North Beach, South Perth and Rockingham. Basically been the Top 3 for the past 280 years, they all have alliances to the WARL whether it be development officers, coaches or board members [I haven’t been involved for the past year or so, so this could have changed] of the WARL.

I just don’t think it’s fair on the other clubs especially the likes of Willagee and Centrals who have limited success. I don’t believe it’s a fair playing field. I’d like to know what WA Reds players are aligned with Willagee and Centrals. Any at all? How many rep games do these clubs get? I don’t like travelling all the way to North Beach to watch a rep or trial game.

I have seen incidents in games where the referees have given distinctive advantages to these clubs and players who are involved with the WARL.

Unfortunately I have only been to one WA Reds game this season [vs Southern Sharks] and I thought the game day entertainment and the night wasn’t too bad especially considering it was a 3rd grade game. They played I see Red by Split Enz far too often. The price of food and drinks was way over priced and the PA announcer sounded like he was half asleep [I remember he used to do the Junior Grand Finals at Belmont].

I don’t know how to summarise the situation to be honest? Am I burnt that my club folded a couple of years ago due to the development officers not doing their job correctly at the time?

I guess I could talk all day about the weakness of the WARL. But if there was a WA Reds game on a Saturday night and St George Illawarra Dragons were on at the same time I know I would stay home and watch the NRL.

Never mind Willagee and Belmont, what about us in Kal! We're way out in the sticks, but I think there's a future for Drew Hunt in the NRL!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good to see a write up of the Belrose game in the Monday West. It wasn't the club one either so they may even have had a journo at the game!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Disppointing to see the Reds website hasn't been updated for over a week. They really should be putting news stories out every few days. Some team news wouldn't go amiss for starters!

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Disppointing to see the Reds website hasn't been updated for over a week. They really should be putting news stories out every few days. Some team news wouldn't go amiss for starters!

I agree.
Still no online shop.
No updates of news (and they wonder why we get pee'd off!)
No updates to the business index.
No new photos.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I noticed the email of the weekly newsletter was sent by Chris Dever this week so maybe Lucy and the others are on hols?

Perth Red

Post Whore
You can have some of ours, it is belting it down!

I am not sure who or how the enewsletter gets sent out. Don't know if it is just members or not. Big missed promotional opportunity if it is. I will write to the club and give them my raffle idea.

This was basically you get everyone at the game to fill in a contact sheet and enter it in a raffle for merchandise prizes. This way the club builds up a strong database of fans that in can then use for promotion and things like the newsletter. Run it for 4 or 5 home games and you will have a decent coverage of fans currently attending games.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Hi I dont know if any of you have read my stuff in the papers,the West John Townsend and I are sparing partners,I wrote a letter on Sunday night giving him a hard time about (a) getting Williams name wrong (b) a column he wrote a while ago about AFL in Townsville,in which he told his readers AFL was taking over,(c)my last offering which was not printed I think because I drew his attention to his errors and his lack of research,so I left this for him doubt if it will be printed
You don't take criticism well do you lad,you still have not corrected the name error,or acknowledged that (a) you know nothing about any sport other than AFL,(b) the 2 or 3 articles I have seen on RL by your good self have been totally wrong,(c) you have a very thin skin like most AFL hacks,did you read the article about the 150th year which proves its BS,but not a word from you.
Your Bias is showing old son thanks any comments

j5o6hn

Juniors
This may or may not be of interest to you all,9 in Perth pulled the RL on Sunday I sent an e mail asking why but received no reply.
Now I assume the excuse is it did not rate,these are the rateings for the shows that replaces it GILMORE GIRLS Nine 30,000
THE SUNDAY FOOTY SHOW Nine 26,000
FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2008 Ten 25,000
I FISH Ten 25,000
SEVEN'S AFL: RND 18: ST KILDA VS PORT ADELAIDE Seven 16,000
WWE AFTERBURN Nine 14,000, Afterburn is a hour long show it rates less than most RL games.
From my reading of the rateings the RL was getting between 10000 when it started to 31000 as 9 will say it don't rate,but from the figures neither do the shows that replaced them,so once again its back to the AFL bias again

j5o6hn

Juniors
If you want to see the rating figures for the RL in Perth just go to http://blogs.sunherald.com.au/whoweare/ and look,thought you wont see Sunday figures now,and i,m not sure how far back they go. The RL on Sunday started at 10000 then built up from there the highest they got was 31000,and the finals are coming so it would have been interesting to se how they would have rated

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
This may or may not be of interest to you all,9 in Perth pulled the RL on Sunday I sent an e mail asking why but received no reply.
Now I assume the excuse is it did not rate,these are the rateings for the shows that replaces it GILMORE GIRLS Nine 30,000
THE SUNDAY FOOTY SHOW Nine 26,000
FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2008 Ten 25,000
I FISH Ten 25,000
SEVEN'S AFL: RND 18: ST KILDA VS PORT ADELAIDE Seven 16,000
WWE AFTERBURN Nine 14,000, Afterburn is a hour long show it rates less than most RL games.
From my reading of the rateings the RL was getting between 10000 when it started to 31000 as 9 will say it don't rate,but from the figures neither do the shows that replaced them,so once again its back to the AFL bias again

AFL rates terribly but they'd never cull that!