What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds website?

Perth Red

Post Whore
yeh they merged the two quite a while ago. Not sure why, possibly cost or just easier to run one. Shame as the Reds one really should have been about the bid and bid developments.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Ahh thanks.

Seems a bit strange that the two bids everyone seems to be tipping to join the comp (Perth & Ipswich) don't have bid websites. Especially when you look at the effort the Bears, CQ, Bombers and even PNG are putting in...

Last edited:

bennySW

Juniors
dont expect too much out of WA Rugby League, there only bearly holding up the league... all the clubs are doing it on there own backs...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bit harsh Benn. You think the're bad now you should have seen them in 2000! Reality is they only have a handful of staff and little money. There is lots of things I would like to see them do better but things are a big improvement on years gone by imo.

bennySW

Juniors
Bit harsh Benn. You think the're bad now you should have seen them in 2000! Reality is they only have a handful of staff and little money. There is lots of things I would like to see them do better but things are a big improvement on years gone by imo.

I agree the 2000s was even poorer than todays running of the governing body. But the Reason why i say the clubs are running the WARL is:

The communication of WARL to the general public is shocking.

The clubs advertise in the local papers for weekend games. if it wasn't for this you wouldnt know if RL was played in WA.
The pre-season games are arranged by the individual clubs
The Titans & Warriors both have asked for 7 away games in a row and then 7 home games as they share the ground with other codes - Fell on deaf ears.
The battling clubs, off the field (Joondalup / Willagee /Titans / Warriors) dont have any assistance from the WARL for juniors and information supplied by these clubs go nowhere.
Even to the school development, there is half a dozen schools that WARL visit but the other 100 plus no sign...

do I need to continue ?

We should be like the WAFL on a smaller scale, get the name out there, if the REDS are going to be a force (maybe not on the field to start with) but with communication / baking etc we can take it up to the 2nd tier of sporting codes in WA -- the Rugby / Basketball / etc. At the moment I dont see this happening.

WARL have there way of thinking and if anyone sticks there beak out of line it will be 'mowed down'.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nice advert for the kiwi city game in today's West!

Re schools we now have a seniors school comp we never had and jnr school RL days that has included dozens of schools.

They use Facebook and the web and try hard to get the west to give the local comp more Covg but they aren't interested in a sport with no Perth team in the top league. In the last 5 years we have seen sg ball, jnr elite academy, regular nrl games, some decent sponsors getting behind the game and a real chance of getting our own nrl team.

Still lots of work to do but it is certainly not all doom and gloom and having dealt with CEO John sackson I have confidence we are heading in the right direction.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm interested to know where you think they are failing?
I can see a huge amount of positive developments over the last 5 years compared to the state of the game here previously.

Goldthorpe

Bench
It's their attention to detail to professionalism - The results from Round 02 haven't been updated for First Grade as yet and those games were played a week ago, it takes 5 mins to enter scores from the 4 games.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Anyone know why the Sundry slimes is not covering local WARL games but covering Union?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sunday times is weird at the moment. One week they have loads oh rl Covg then other weeks, like today nothing, not even nrl.

Agree goldthorpe re website, never had it running that well IMO. I would say however that it is a very minor priority. Just reading that the afl pays for 17 full time and 42 part time staff in western Sydney. Compare that to the funding warl gets, they have around 4 staff and 4 development officers! Hopefully the Arlc will send some of the games new wealth west next year.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Yes and I,m sure that 3 of the paid AFL GWS staff commentate on GWS games,the commentary and the GWS game are happening on different planets

Goldthorpe

Bench
Agree goldthorpe re website, never had it running that well IMO. I would say however that it is a very minor priority. Just reading that the afl pays for 17 full time and 42 part time staff in western Sydney. Compare that to the funding warl gets, they have around 4 staff and 4 development officers! Hopefully the Arlc will send some of the games new wealth west next year.
If it's not their main priority then they are stupid or do not care about the flagship of the Western Australian Rugby League - First Grade. I'm not here to criticize them or tell them how to suck eggs but they need to care about the competitions that matter most here - 1st Grade, Reserve Grade, U18's and Women's League Tag. They need to do things a lot more professionally if they want to improve the state of the game in WA. I don't think it's the number of cattle that's needed compared to the AFL staff in Western Sydney, I think it's the quality of cattle to prioritize and organize the game a lot better. I know it sounds negative but it's what's needed to improve the game over here. Don't get me wrong there is still some positives for our game like League Talk on Friday afternoons with Sully and Barney and from what I have seen so far this season the game has improved from a couple of years ago when I last watched First Grade.

I could tell you numerous stories from when I was involved at Armadale, it seemed like they would look after the top tier clubs rather than help out the bottom tier clubs - You know I could be wrong as well.