What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece robson

mighty v

Juniors
On interchange bench replacing hame sele..

Thats a really interesting move by mcgregor..

Wonder what he got planned

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I've seen this movie before.
When a young forward is told he's in the 17 to make his debut, tells his family and friends, gets tickets and they all wait in anticipation only for:
(a) He doesn't get off the bench
(b) Is dropped out of the 17 with 1hr before play.

I really hope these scenarios don't come to pass, but as I said I've seen this happen before (Host I think it was on debut).

blacksafake

First Grade
Very strange time to see If he’s up to it against the storm. For those that have seen more of him than me, how’s his defence.

avocado

Juniors
I doubt the bench will contain Mann AND Robson.
Happy for the kid but Mary isn't that stupid surely.

Old Timer

Coach
I doubt the bench will contain Mann AND Robson.
Happy for the kid but Mary isn't that stupid surely.
Our coach epitomises stupidity.
Playing the biggest threat we have and he will potentially go with a bench that is short by 1 big body, simply mystifying.
Whilst I am a huge fan of Mann surely if he wants to blood Robson he should shuffle Mann to reggies (heaven forbid he could start with him in the back line) and keep Host or Sele in the bench rotation.
IMO using 3 bench players of which 1 is quite small in Mann against Storm is a recipe for disaster because if the game is close Robson will see no game time at all.
The only thing that would save me from thinking this is a joke is if young Mc Inness is in doubt and if declared fit Robson would drop out.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I've seen this movie before.
When a young forward is told he's in the 17 to make his debut, tells his family and friends, gets tickets and they all wait in anticipation only for:
(a) He doesn't get off the bench
(b) Is dropped out of the 17 with 1hr before play.

I really hope these scenarios don't come to pass, but as I said I've seen this happen before (Host I think it was on debut).

I'm pretty certain this scenario also happened to Trent Merrin under Wayne Bennett in 2010.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Probably insurance for Cam McIInnes getting no sleep with a new baby in his house. Poor Cam maybe low on energy level and his mind in overdrive.

Old Timer

Coach
Jeez a lot of drama over a damn team list.

Hot tip, a team list means NOTHING until about an hour before kick off. There's every chance it's a tactic used to throw off Storm even, who may now plan a game plan expecting something different to what they get
Do you really think that Bellamy would be thrown off by such tactics if your point is true?
Bellamy couldn't give a shit about who we picked as he has a well oiled machine and a strategy for all situations.
The team as posted will do nothing to confuse the opposition and little for the morale of some of our players who are IMO treated with contempt.

Walpole

Juniors
Mann and Robson both on the bench doesn't make any sense, unless McInnes is in doubt, but then wouldn't you just stick Robson in the 18 jumper? Most likely scenarios are that Robson drops out altogether or sits on the bench for the full 80. Can't see him being put up against Smith in his first game unless it's by necessity.

Good old Mary, keeping us guessing as to what the f**k he's doing, as usual.

Robson has been in the 21 man squad regularly this season.

It’s merely recognition of his potential and form in ISP.

Would ignore fact he is listed as no 17 in team list.

Unless McInnes is out injured, Robson will not be in 17.

If Mary is engaging in mind games it is only with our juniors Host, Sele, Robson and Lomax.

When is Robson’s contract up ?

It may be more about telling him he has a future with the club to secure his signature.

giboz71

First Grade
Highly doubt both Mann and Robson will be in the final 17.

Latimore rarely got named in the initial 17 yet was always named prior to kick off. Expect something similar on Sunday.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Highly unusual scenario.

Maybe Mary has been listening to filter about using 2 hookers to nullify Smith, so he rotates Mccinnes and Robson while not impacting Mann’s role that he plays now.

Figuring the 3rd bench forward doesn’t get much time anyway.

If he was to go that strategy it’s high risk if one of the bsckrowers get injured. Wouldn’t want Mann there for a whole game.

Latest posts