What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson

BLM01

First Grade
Robson needs to a priority long term signing along with Lomax. This should have been done by now because other clubs will try to snap these two young guns up by now.
Lomax cant be touched until Nov 1 2019 by other clubs....officially. I agree re Lomax extend him before his $$ goes up too much.

possm

Coach
U won’t sign Robson long term without a plan ... his manager won’t be that dumb

I'm sure that Millward and Mary will come up with a plan that Robson's manager will accept. All they need to do is have Robson's manager draw up the plan.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
At this stage Robson is an unknown quantity as a regular 1st grader. There have been many with the same potential who have succeeded and many who have failed.

Before we go all in on Robson, we need to see if that potential equals the proposed investment. That means plenty of game time to give judgement.

The lure of a permanent starting hooker position may be too tempting for him, but at this stage I woyldnt be prepared to gamble just on potential, considering who we already have and others who are coming through.

I hope Robson stays long term with us, as a tandem of himself and McInnes would really improve our chances of premierships and contesting finals football on a regular basis. In the end isnt winning a premiership the ulrimate goal of a foitballer?. He's not going to get that at the Titans.

BLM01

First Grade
At this stage Robson is an unknown quantity as a regular 1st grader. There have been many with the same potential who have succeeded and many who have failed.

Before we go all in on Robson, we need to see if that potential equals the proposed investment. That means plenty of game time to give judgement.

The lure of a permanent starting hooker position may be too tempting for him, but at this stage I woyldnt be prepared to gamble just on potential, considering who we already have and others who are coming through.

I hope Robson stays long term with us, as a tandem of himself and McInnes would really improve our chances of premierships and contesting finals football on a regular basis. In the end isnt winning a premiership the ulrimate goal of a foitballer?. He's not going to get that at the Titans.
I agree and the hysteria regarding Robson is just that because of Mal opening his mouth after a phone call from Robbos manager doing what he is paid to do. Titans would of locked him up already if Mal was all gun-ho about him. Maybe Mal was putting just a rocket up his own No. 9's.

Crush

Coach
So would you put that down to poor planning by Millward? I mean to sign McInnes long term when there is a very bright young junior on the horizon seems odd to me. Millward needs to consult his whiteboard again and make room for the long term retention of Robson and Lomax.

Of course the reverse is signing Aitken and Lafai long term when there form just did not justify this action.

You may be right about Lomax however, I believe he is a Dragons boy through and through and in the near future will pick up salary gained by the non-extention of Aitken and Lafai.

What a MESS
You are always looking for the next big thing. Two years ago you said Field must be our starting winger, then it was Dufty must be our fullback. Now you are off Dufty and haven't seen you post about Field for a while.
McInnes is doing a great job at hooker so why not sign him long term?
We want to keep him.
Robson is nothing but a kid with potential at this stage, dont get ahead of yourself just because a few forum people say he's the next immortal.
Millward is doing a fine job btw. An outstanding job actually. He has assembled a team that can challenge for the comp. Media "experts" are saying we are top 4 material this year, even competition favourites by some.
That isn't because of the coach let me tell you, ite because of Ian Millward.

possm

Coach

Echoes of yesteryear and Jack Bird.

Robson has achieved all that can be achieved at this stage in his career and has grabbed the attention of many who do have a clue; including the Australian Coach.

So for me it is minus Aitken; we have Lomax to replace him and plus Robson for the 14 jumber.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Echoes of yesteryear and Jack Bird.

Robson has achieved all that can be achieved at this stage in his career and has grabbed the attention of many who do have a clue; including the Australian Coach.

So for me it is minus Aitken; we have Lomax to replace him and plus Robson for the 14 jumber.

Jack Bird has had 1 season where he was af his peak, so what about 2018?

Forcevery Jack Bird, there is a Cameron King, Mitch Rein, Merrin or even a Kane Elgey. All promised to be the next hig thing and where are they now?

possm

Coach
Jack Bird has had 1 season where he was af his peak, so what about 2018?

Forcevery Jack Bird, there is a Cameron King, Mitch Rein, Merrin or even a Kane Elgey. All promised to be the next hig thing and where are they now?

Yes it is true but not all in the control of the players. Injuries, coaching decisions, changes to rosters can all play its role in a form slump. jack Bird was only a one off example that I put forward to show that our recruitment/pathways staff must do a better job identifying and preparing our most outstanding juniors for first grade. In the past we have lost many juniors to other clubs who went on to be brilliant first graders.