What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Walsh confirms intention to remain with Warriors for next year (2023)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Don’t know how much truth there is to it, but journos have reported the Storm asked the Warriors for Walsh for the rest of the year, who declined their offer

Rich102

Staff member
It's a joke dropping Walsh for underperforming whilst Johnson is still being named in the team.
On the underperforming criteria most of the team should be dropped.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I liked Staceys comments on the decision

Walsh defensively isn’t up to scratch with counting numbers etc, they looked better with CHT at the back in that regard so that’s why he has gone back there

Leber

Bench
I like the fact that Stacey is at least doing 'something'.

Although Aitken should be at Centre and Pompey should f**k off.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I liked Staceys comments on the decision

Walsh defensively isn’t up to scratch with counting numbers etc, they looked better with CHT at the back in that regard so that’s why he has gone back there
Walsh also only has a handful of games left with the club. He’s now only there for what he can provide now, not what he can be developed into.

Blair

Coach
Walsh also only has a handful of games left with the club. He’s now only there for what he can provide now, not what he can be developed into.
We tend to leave the serious developing to other clubs anyway.

He might return one day. He has a connection to the club. Until then where's the next Webb or MacKinnon?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We tend to leave the serious developing to other clubs anyway.

He might return one day. He has a connection to the club. Until then where's the next Webb or MacKinnon?
I’d be giving CHT good will ahead of Walsh. I’d say he’s far more likely to be back at some point.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Which is absolutely fine. He's our player (and should be for 2023 too) so we have every right to play him if he's in our best 17.

This stuff makes me laugh. A couple of Aussie talking heads who give no f**ks about the Warriors, and think we should cough up our contracted players because we're out of finals contention? Well hey, why don't we just have a free-for-all - once a team is out of contention and they have players off contract, those players go on the free market for top 8 teams. Seriously?!

There's no 'lesson' here - it's playing a guy who is in our 17 the best way we see fit. We have no obligation to the future of the player, especially when he's just broken a contract. We don't have anyone behind Walsh who is up to NRL standard.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Injuries to elite players happen all the time, when other clubs elite players go down they call up a guy from reserve grade or from the extended 30

Storm think that becos they lost an elite player they can just go out and get another elite player from another club.

Typical grub move from a grub club
100% agreed. Meaney can play fullback, and the Storm bring no-name wingers through all the time. They're getting desperate because they know they're a sinking ship, and as you say they have no scruples so they'll go after another club's player, no issues.

I think Robinson and George know they can't afford another PR disaster like that.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Which is absolutely fine. He's our player (and should be for 2023 too) so we have every right to play him if he's in our best 17.

This stuff makes me laugh. A couple of Aussie talking heads who give no f**ks about the Warriors, and think we should cough up our contracted players because we're out of finals contention? Well hey, why don't we just have a free-for-all - once a team is out of contention and they have players off contract, those players go on the free market for top 8 teams. Seriously?!

There's no 'lesson' here - it's playing a guy who is in our 17 the best way we see fit. We have no obligation to the future of the player, especially when he's just broken a contract. We don't have anyone behind Walsh who is up to NRL standard.
These same dickheads are all about how poor Reece needed a release so he can be close to his family in Brisbane, now want him to pack up and leave a club based in Brisbane for the remainder of the year to join an interstate club away from his family !

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
These same dickheads are all about how poor Reece needed a release so he can be close to his family in Brisbane, now want him to pack up and leave a club based in Brisbane for the remainder of the year to join an interstate club away from his family !
Haha! Also a good point I hadn't thought about.

Same dickheads who would bemoan a lack of loyalty in league, but are advocating here for a guy to play for three clubs in the space of what, 7-10 rounds?

Latest posts