What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Walsh

Mr Spock!

Referee
Haha Bugger - off. We Warriors fans never get anything good and the only good thing we have had in the last 10 years you are already hoping to take away from us

Reece is our saviour and will lead us to a Premiership one day
At 100K, he's going to have at least half a dozen clubs chasing him.

JJ

Immortal
At 100K, he's going to have at least half a dozen clubs chasing him.
We should upgrade his contract immediately, with RTS going the $$ should be there

re your previous lamb to the slaughter comment, his eyes Jake him look more like Bambi

WellsNZ

Juniors
Whether it's good or bad for him to play Origin, the fact he is just reinforces what a f**king brilliant pick up he was. I still can't believe we somehow landed him.

Matua

Bench
I think this a good ting for Walsh. His defence is suspect, he would have spent this game defending (I'm going from commentary from others about the first game as I didn't see it) and if Qld got another thumping it could be detrimental to his development.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
He would have been shitting himself under that first bomb, which probably would have come in the first set. I would have been shitting myself on his behalf.

Bit disappointed though because in spite of my doubts I was hoping for a fairytale debut.

jaseg

Juniors
TBH it wouldn't be much worse than what he'll have to deal with when we play Penrith soon anyway (Cleary can be a nightmare for fullbacks on either stage), assuming he's fit to play. And he made his debut in an absolute demolition job by the Storm.

I wasn't worried about him in that sense. Bit odd that Qld named him to start, mind you, given that he's not physically all there yet.. what with the year off and being so young.

Hamstring is a concern... I hope we don't rush him back. In a lot of previous coaching regimes I'd be really worried, but the one thing I'll say for Brown is that he seems a little more level headed with that stuff.

jaseg

Juniors
I actually don't think Cronk has picked the right incident to highlight to make that point - how he's supposed to do it in that situation? He got grabbed after the ball was gone and dragged over the touchline by May, who continued it. Every part of that happened because of May.

Meth

Staff member
I actually don't think Cronk has picked the right incident to highlight to make that point - how he's supposed to do it in that situation? He got grabbed after the ball was gone and dragged over the touchline by May, who continued it. Every part of that happened because of May.

Yes, I agree. But I think Cronk has a point, even if this is not the highlight to attach it to.

waipiro

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...5L9Wc2ec6CYX4nbIbxnfpgX0K3TLlJ39f2TjJLRNUgqHE

Pretty spot on from Cronk, really. For all of his upside, Walsh is pretty easily offended and pretty quick to lie down and cry wolf.
Yeah i dunno. Hes a small 18 year old kid who is getting targeted with some dubious stuff. He may be down cause he is still coming to terms with the physicality and knocks as he goes. He took a knee to the head today and still got up and played on when other mature players would have milked it. And at the end of the game he is still running hard into Kikau and JFH.
Hes got heart and the game management will come......

Sanchez

Coach
In my books he can get away with just about anything if he keeps throwing those delightful cutout passes to the centres

Meth

Staff member
It seems sacrilegious to say anything critical about Walsh and maybe I am just generally pissed about the amount of diving in Rugby League at the moment. It just seems like if anyone in our team was going to take a dive, it would be him...and sometimes, I feel like it is.

Latest posts