What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Walsh

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Absolute non-issue, he's probably dived like twice in his career and because Fittler said it as part of an Origin build up, all of a sudden he is a milker. Kid is 18 and is 10 or so games into his career.

Go dig up some Josh Reynolds or Kenny Edwards highlights if you want to see some real diving.

Izz

Bench
Absolute non-issue, he's probably dived like twice in his career and because Fittler said it as part of an Origin build up, all of a sudden he is a milker. Kid is 18 and is 10 or so games into his career.

Go dig up some Josh Reynolds or Kenny Edwards highlights if you want to see some real diving.
Or Greg Bird, who made every tackle around his shoulders seem like it was crushing his windpipe

jaseg

Juniors
I mean, you don't even have to go backwards in time - or look beyond the list of guys Cronk played with (or the list of guys in the current QLD team) - for bigger divers. DCE and Munster jump to mind immediately...

I think there's a point to be made there... it's just not a particularly strong one. Guys lay down after suspect shots a *lot* - and we don't get many calls so I'm happy for Walsh to do it until he starts getting the calls he should be getting. And, well, the particular example used was just wrong. What would Cronk himself have done there, teleport?

Meth

Staff member

Pretty decent strike rate, to be honest.

Age is irrelevant

Meth

Staff member
I mean, you don't even have to go backwards in time - or look beyond the list of guys Cronk played with (or the list of guys in the current QLD team) - for bigger divers. DCE and Munster jump to mind immediately...

I think there's a point to be made there... it's just not a particularly strong one. Guys lay down after suspect shots a *lot* - and we don't get many calls so I'm happy for Walsh to do it until he starts getting the calls he should be getting. And, well, the particular example used was just wrong. What would Cronk himself have done there, teleport?

Yep, that's right. I don't want to make a big deal of it. It's a small aside. He just seems quite often and quite easily hurt, and sometimes not genuinely. That's based on my viewing of him- not Cronk's or Fitler's

If he's copping targeted filth, let the big boys sort that out on his behalf.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Walsh is definitely a massive diver lol. He stays down after any hard contact. He has also earned us several penalties where honestly there wasn't even any genuine foul play. Benefit of having a bit of a golden boy in the team tbh, the strategic dive is just another one of his weapons.

Just like to add for the record that he is still an absolute gun and it's sort of already got to the point where we are taking for granted the guaranteed breaks and try assists he brings basically every game.

spear tackle

Juniors
Or Greg Bird, who made every tackle around his shoulders seem like it was crushing his windpipe
Or the time during a test when Bird tried a sucker punch on Jeremy Smith. Smith retaliated and very well might have damaged his windpipe. It knocked the stuffing out of him either way.

Reactions: Izz

Izz

Bench
Or the time during a test when Bird tried a sucker punch on Jeremy Smith. Smith retaliated and very well might have damaged his windpipe. It knocked the stuffing out of him either way.
Did Smith even get penalized for that? I remember Benji arguing pretty effectively on Smith's behalf...

spear tackle

Juniors
Did Smith even get penalized for that? I remember Benji arguing pretty effectively on Smith's behalf...
I dont think so , pretty sure the ref saw it all happen and decided it didn't need to go further, cause and effect comes to mind.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Firstly, I wasn't aware Walsh had the option in his favour for 2023, which is disappointing.

But I would be filthy if the Broncos manage to lure him away for 2022. I understand it's a story, and the media make up stuff to fill space...but the Broncos royally f**ked it up, it would be a nonsense to me if they could then turn around and get him back 12 months later. Or any club for that matter. I always had a feeling something would happen during Walsh's contract period.

TheDMC

Bench

Firstly, I wasn't aware Walsh had the option in his favour for 2023, which is disappointing.

But I would be filthy if the Broncos manage to lure him away for 2022. I understand it's a story, and the media make up stuff to fill space...but the Broncos royally f**ked it up, it would be a nonsense to me if they could then turn around and get him back 12 months later. Or any club for that matter. I always had a feeling something would happen during Walsh's contract period.

According to the article, they will be trying to lure him for 2023 not 2022 as you write Penrose.

Also, I think the article has got it completely wrong. It says he was signed for 2021/2022/2023. But that's not right. Walsh was signed for 2022/2023/2024. The last year, 2024, is in his favour. That is the year we might (probably) will lose him.

He was released early by the Broncos, so has been playing for us in 2021 as a bonus to the main contract, meaning we still have him locked in for 2022 and 2023, and maybe 2024.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
According to the article, they will be trying to lure him for 2023 not 2022 as you write Penrose.

Also, I think the article has got it completely wrong. It says he was signed for 2021/2022/2023. But that's not right. Walsh was signed for 2022/2023/2024. The last year, 2024, is in his favour. That is the year we might (probably) will lose him.

He was released early by the Broncos, so has been playing for us in 2021 as a bonus to the main contract, meaning we still have him locked in for 2022 and 2023, and maybe 2024.
Cheers for clearing that up. Better news.

Latest posts