What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

_Johnsy

Referee
@Vee

Can you give me some feedback on one of the North Qld tries against the Dragons on the weekend? (Kind of curious if I’m just being one eyed).

Cowboys player is tackled low. Arm carrying the ball hits the ground short of the line with tackler still connected. Momentum seems to be moving him forward as he turns over onto his front and extends his arm, all in one motion. He scores.

Double movement?
If the arm carrying the ball hits the ground before being promoted, no try. If the arm carrying the ball doesn’t make contact with the ground before being promoted, try.

gerg

Juniors
Going back to Thursday night I thought Manly's first try was an obstruction from Olakatoa. He stopped in the line, Staines had to sidestep him twice. First to engage the man with the ball and then had to go around Olakatoa again when the ball was passed, he lost his footing and the overlap was there for the taking. This was a clear example of why the 'black and white' ruling - of having to run through the line - was introduced. As usual once we lose the consistency it becomes a coin toss.