What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm not denying we were bullied, I've been very vocal on that point.

What i don't accept is the notion that the penrith dominance led to the one sided penalty count but that the opposite is true when we were on top.

Our bench, Whyte and Wong in particular, were sensational. Why the whistle went away after the denied try who would know, probably just a case of penrith recovering and solidifying their position.

Also the play the ball speed was essentially the same, not sure where you got your info from. You would then expect the penalty count to be even which it was. If one drilled down in to it I think you would find your speed was superior in the first half and ours in the 2nd.
Play the ball speed was just off the NRL website. 3.38 to 3.3. So really not much in it, but given the ruck dominance it was surprising to see it so close. The eye test suggested ours should have been substantially faster.

We see things differently obviously and as much as we try not to will always have some bias, but from the first set you could see we were on and were making meters pretty much at will. You guys had to try and slow it down and the restart penalties were obvious. I will say it shits me when they are all late in the count when there isn't much difference between tackle 1 and 5. At least that stayed consistent when the script flipped.

Your run of calls started after the Professional foul, you had no momentum and it seemed manufactured to stop a blow out. When the restarts came I legit didn't know what they were for. In other games when we have copped them you could see it a lot of the time, Kenny or Leota slowing things down and I'd be screaming at the TV get off you dickheads, it's annoying because most of the time it's unnecessary, but the ref has no choice. I just didn't see that last Friday.

Whyte and Wong were great. Whether that was due to what I saw as a manufactured momentum shift who knows, but they can only play what's in front of them and they did a great job. Spencer was rubbish with the ball and very disappointing, did better defensively than I expected though. He played like he was Matt Eisenhuth.

After the forward pass call the restarts stopped as we agree. No real reason for it though from a rule sense. It's not like either team changed what they were doing all game, it just adds weight that a lot of it is just pure score management.

no name

Referee
Anyone see Annesley waffle on for 12 minutes, showing multiple videos to say the bunker completely f**ked up the Turuva try?
And even with that he said it was because Talakai wouldn’t have got there in cover rather than saying that Talakai initiated the contact which was on his inside shoulder.

Ivan Cleary is a smart operator because he had his crack at a call that Annesley had no chance of defending.

kurt faulk

Coach

It was a twilight zone moment during the game when the bozo in the bunker was saying the panther ran into the outside shoulder of the defender when the vision on the screen clearly shows him running into the inside shoulder. Like, what?

Reactions: Vee

Vee

First Grade

It was a twilight zone moment during the game when the bozo in the bunker was saying the panther ran into the outside shoulder of the defender when the vision on the screen clearly shows him running into the inside shoulder. Like, what?

This happens a lot. The bunker ìs listing the factors in its decision and they just don't reflect the vision we're watching. Sometimes it's deadset like they are making it up to suit their decision.

Ignoring relevant factors that don't suit, viewers are left wondering if the bunker is the only person watching that saw it that way with everyone else in agreement the other way.

Latest posts