What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee for Final?

Thomas

First Grade
All refs are neutral. It is an insult to suggest they would have bias.

I'd like to see a NZ ref. Failing that, I'd like to see the Aussie win with Ganson reffing to avoid all the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would come from the poms should we win with Hayne reffing.

My only issue is Ganson isn't actually a good ref. His 10m is sometimes 12 but more often about 7m and his policing of the ruck is abysmal.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
ganson penalised watmough for being injured...... he's f**king geniused. i woudl rather watch a good flowing game than a stop start affair with interpretations whcih make no sense to ANYONE watching by an egotistical wanker who wants to blow his whistle

regardless of which team wins i want to watch a good contest not one kept close by the ref.

and bullsh*t refs are neutral, they favour home crowds, have their hitlist of players to penalise

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Imagine the furore next year -

2 ref system - should they both be neutral, or one from each team playing, or two from the host nation?

Haha

SEAT 1A

Bench
Imagine the furore next year -

2 ref system - should they both be neutral, or one from each team playing, or two from the host nation?

Haha

:lol: Well said ANTiLAG. Like to see Hayne however, a NZ ref should get the final.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Ganson ruins games with his blow the pea out of the whistle at all cost approach, that useless excuse of a referee should never ever get close to a game of league again!

Im sure he is sent in from union to try and ruin league. Look at how he blows penalties, 19 in first 20mins of NZ v AUS, NZ got like 8 in a row.

Either that or he loves the sound of his voice and looking at himself on the TV.

He shouldnt get near this game. Worst ref ever!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I don't want Hayne.

Not that is not capable etc, just do not want excuses.

Ganson should be ref, but the kiwi will do, would not want the french ref after seeing the ENG v NZ game.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
[q]The two refs system is a local rule, it only applies in the NRL.[/q]

I could be wrong - but I think there were 2 refs in origin which is not nrl.

It would not be the first time tests down under were played under different rules to northern hemisphere games. If it goes to a vote - I think I know which format the games will be played in.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
The two refs system is a local rule, it only applies in the NRL.[/qoute]

I could be wrong - but I think there were 2 refs in origin which is not nrl.

It would not be the first time tests down under were played under different rules to northern hemisphere games. If it goes to a vote - I think I know which format the games will be played in.

Quidgybo

Bench
Australia knew what they were doing when they let the RFL have Ganson for the earlier match. They'll now point out that we've played under Ganson so it MUST be Hayne's turn.
I don't see that it has anything to do with who's turn it is. This problem is created entirely by Australia. The other countries are more than happy to play under neutral refs regardless of whether they are amateur or professional. Only Australia insists that their games must be controlled by referees drawn from the top grade of the NRL or SL. As far as I'm concerned that means Australia is the team that have to wear the problems created by their stance. It should be a British ref every time in my opinion until the NRL ensure they have at least one spot reserved in their professional ranks for developing non Australian referees to the standard they demand for controlling their international games. Either that or accept the reality of who is available like every other country does.

Leigh.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
I don't see that it has anything to do with who's turn it is. This problem is created entirely by Australia. The other countries are more than happy to play under neutral refs regardless of whether they are amateur or professional. Only Australia insists that their games must be controlled by referees drawn from the top grade of the NRL or SL. As far as I'm concerned that means Australia is the team that have to wear the problems created by their stance. It should be a British ref every time in my opinion until the NRL ensure they have at least one spot reserved in their professional ranks for developing non Australian referees to the standard they demand for controlling their international games. Either that or accept the reality of who is available like every other country does.

Leigh.

I get where your coming from but as a Kiwi I would rather have the best man for the job regardless of nation, and that definitly aint Ganson!!!!!!

It should be a British ref every time in my opinion until the NRL ensure they have at least one spot reserved in their professional ranks for developing non Australian referees to the standard they demand for controlling their international games. Either that or accept the reality of who is available like every other country does.

Leigh.

Excellent point. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Who cares? I'm not a whinging Aus with no belief in my team. I don't give a f**k who refs. Aussies will lose, even with 14 men on the field.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Leigh.

But thats assuming that Australia has a problem with Ganson being English which is not the case. The problem is that Ganson has different interpretations then an NRL referee.

If the NRL had Canadian referees, they would be "neutral" in a nationality sense, but they would still have the NRL interpretation.
If Alibert was the best ref in the world, it would still be a problem because of his different interpretations compared to the NRL referees. So saying that Australia needs to develop referees from different nations is not going to solve anything.

The only way to perminatly solve any of this is for all rulings and all interpretations at every level of senior Rugby League, world wide, to be identical, and with Rugby League, that will never ever happen as alot of calls are not black and white.