What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing from the weekend

RLIF

Juniors
Now I watched all the games (bar French vs PNG) and I must say I have been impressed with some of the International refereeing.

Thierry Alibert (France)

Controlled the game really well, kept both sides back the 10 m and made so very good calls on the spot. IMO he was the best referee of the weekend.

Ashley Klein (UK)

I thought he let a lot of things go for the USA (like flops and holding down) which really allowed the game to flow. I was very impressed with him until the last 15 mins of the match when he started penalising the USA for things he had been letting go all match. And thats when the Samoans managed to get a few more tries.

Tony Archer (Australia)

I thought the third test was his best of the series but if he is the best referee in Australia, then the NRL has some problems.

Leon Williamson (NZ)

Anyone see the France vs PNG match and quote how he went and in the last Test Match?

deluded pom?

Coach
I've said it before. M. Alibert is a very good ref who should be offered the chance to become a professional with the ESL. Currently we have six pro refs for six ESL matches per week who are almost 99.9% gauranteed to get a ESL match every week unless they make the biggest mistake in the history of the game. Complacency is created because they know they will still be reffing top flight games virtually no matter how they perform week to week.