What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing

Vic Mackey

Referee

Now let me just say in no way did the referee cost us the game last night. We are also clearly a bottom 2 or 3 side who deserves to be where we are on the table. However I am completely and utterly over this disgusting double standard that exists between 'good and bad teams' these shoulder charges were so fcking blatant, how the hell were they missed? Thats two penalties we should have recieved in our own 20m zone which is exactly where you want them.

Moale is penalised for a shoulder charge to the head of Blore, Blore is gone for the game after failing his HIA. This is a sin bin every single occassion this year!!!

The Bula no try V Knights, Brooks getting taken out V Raiders, Talau no try V Sharks into the Hynes double movement 60 seconds later. Not getting a penalty, let alone a sinbin for Tino breaking Apis jaw, he uses the same bumper V Parra and gets binned despite no injury.

All of these (except the Hynes double movement) have then been confirmed as wrong calls by Annesley in the Monday press conference. They were all at critical, game defining moments that all went against us. Great fcking help that is!

Every fcking week we cop this shit. Sheens needs to go absolutely nucluear in a press conference. Its beyond farcial now.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's a disgrace, but the only way it gets better is winning games. I hate it, but the refs have always favoured the more fancied team and I can't see that ever changing. We used to get a lot of these calls our way in 2010-11.

Absolutely, its every sport in the world for all time and I know we arent the only ones cop this. The 50/50s that happen mid game I can generally cop. For instance early in the game laurie put a grubber in, we reagtered and didnt get 6 again. Now to me it looked played at, however its a split second call so to me thats just ones you accept and move on. However when its the blatant ones like shoulder charges, bunker calls etc it gets tiring. Still it makes it hard to get excited about watching our games anymore with us being so crap and getting constantly shafted by officials.

simmo1

First Grade
Absolutely, its every sport in the world for all time and I know we arent the only ones cop this. The 50/50s that happen mid game I can generally cop. For instance early in the game laurie put a grubber in, we reagtered and didnt get 6 again. Now to me it looked played at, however its a split second call so to me thats just ones you accept and move on. However when its the blatant ones like shoulder charges, bunker calls etc it gets tiring. Still it makes it hard to get excited about watching our games anymore with us being so crap and getting constantly shafted by officials.

The ones that I hate are when we pin a team down their end for a couple of tackles and you just know they will find a completely arbitrary offside penalty. The TV coverage usually glosses over it and never shows any replays to show who is offside. Yet we will get a dozen replays of a loss ball/strip penalty.

Nutz

Bench
When the opposition are making yardage the last thing a ref wants to do is give us a penalty because it's too hard for him to turn around and run the other way. Also blinkers are cheap you know ;)

Nutz

Bench

Now let me just say in no way did the referee cost us the game last night. We are also clearly a bottom 2 or 3 side who deserves to be where we are on the table. However I am completely and utterly over this disgusting double standard that exists between 'good and bad teams' these shoulder charges were so fcking blatant, how the hell were they missed? Thats two penalties we should have recieved in our own 20m zone which is exactly where you want them.

Moale is penalised for a shoulder charge to the head of Blore, Blore is gone for the game after failing his HIA. This is a sin bin every single occassion this year!!!

The Bula no try V Knights, Brooks getting taken out V Raiders, Talau no try V Sharks into the Hynes double movement 60 seconds later. Not getting a penalty, let alone a sinbin for Tino breaking Apis jaw, he uses the same bumper V Parra and gets binned despite no injury.

All of these (except the Hynes double movement) have then been confirmed as wrong calls by Annesley in the Monday press conference. They were all at critical, game defining moments that all went against us. Great fcking help that is!

Every fcking week we cop this shit. Sheens needs to go absolutely nucluear in a press conference. Its beyond farcial now.
Marmmm, Vic is cussing again.

Nutz

Bench
The Wests Tigers NRL side should just play the WT NRLW side....who would win I wonder?
Can't wait to watch them play a top team tomorrow because we'll see if they are the real deal or not.

Vic Mackey

Referee
When the opposition are making yardage the last thing a ref wants to do is give us a penalty because it's too hard for him to turn around and run the other way. Also blinkers are cheap you know ;)

actually souths only averaged 2meters more a set then us(38 compared to 36), and finished with 9-5 penalties/restarts

Tigerm

First Grade
actually souths only averaged 2meters more a set then us(38 compared to 36), and finished with 9-5 penalties/restarts
@Vic Mackey I didn’t see the game, but were our penalties against us deserved? I guess what I’m asking, are we ill disciplined or desperate to get the edge? I suspect the former to be the case?

I think restarts are a dogs breakfast, without any real scrutiny?

Not saying you are wrong at all, as there certainly seems to be a clear bias against the lower teams.
But the good teams can take this advantage, we unfortunately can’t?

Vic Mackey

Referee
@Vic Mackey I didn’t see the game, but were our penalties against us deserved? I guess what I’m asking, are we ill disciplined or desperate to get the edge? I suspect the former to be the case?

I think restarts are a dogs breakfast, without any real scrutiny?

Not saying you are wrong at all, as there certainly seems to be a clear bias against the lower teams.
But the good teams can take this advantage, we unfortunately can’t?

From memory I didn’t have an issue with any penalty against us. My issue is the 2 blantant shoulder charges which have now been charged by the MRC that were completely missed by the referee and bunker. Both were on our 10m line.

Then losing Blore for a shoulder to the head and no sin bin, with Moale now facing 2 weeks off suspended.

Like I said I don’t really get shitty over mid game calls, 10ms, hand on ball etc are split second ones. It’s the ones where they get a few chances to review and are clearly wrong that I can’t handle.

Munky

Coach
Beat Melbourne following a small winning streak and watch the refereeing toward your team change.

Penrith in 2020 were being cained at the start of the streak before taking it to the Storm and winning.

Warriors in the second half of this season are getting a fair rub of the green.

The difficulty of course is going on a winning streak when the ref and the rest of the officiating team expects for you to lose.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Beat Melbourne following a small winning streak and watch the refereeing toward your team change.

Penrith in 2020 were being cained at the start of the streak before taking it to the Storm and winning.

Warriors in the second half of this season are getting a fair rub of the green.

The difficulty of course is going on a winning streak when the ref and the rest of the officiating team expects for you to lose.

Totally agree. Its up to us to get better and start earning the good calls. As Ive said in no way do I blame the referees for our ladder position, the last 2 years Ive just felt it more then other years. But thats likley because we've become so bad and the decisions towards us has just followed suite.

Wizardman

First Grade
If we were a decent side and contending, I'd definitely give more of a shit than I do at the moment. The fact is despite the reffing, we had chances to win that and with better coaching and backs, we would have got it. Sooner we stop looking at outside influences and look at our own limitations, the better off we'll be.

If Nofo attacks that kick instead of retreating into a loser mentality, we win.

I felt very uncomfortable with the officials.

Overall, a much stronger performance than we are used to, some attacking play, solid defence.

Raps was very strong for them at the back.

Let down by too many wasted plays, blunders and chaos.

I enjoyed the fight

I’m giving us a pass overall. We can take a few good things out of it.

Brooks played well in the broad. A couple of relapses, but he tried.

Paps had a game.

gordsy

Juniors
If we want things to change we have to make them change, go nuclear at a press conference, call Arsehat Annesly as spineless yes man, lap dog who couldn't run a chook raffle, let alone coach the refes. Question how he still has a job. Put together a video montage of all the shit calls we have cooped and blast it on twitter.
Yes we will get fines and bad press but you can bet your arse we will get the rub of the green for a few weeks.
Then when we do get the rub, keep bringing up the fact we are getting better calls in the games because of it.

Latest posts