What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref's Performance

metalshark

Juniors
I am surprised no-one has mentioned the ref for this game. IMO it was disgraceful. There were many bad decisions but the worst one's were when sharks kicked off and tigers knocked on, and when the video ref interfered to reverse the decision when the ref had called the tigers player lost it. If the video ref fixed that, why cant he fix the ref's mistakes that were against the sharks?

On another note, I thought brett kearny was impressive, was backing up lots which is what we need

The Popper

Bench
They're all bad in this day and age, Metal. The game has got too fast for them and they are expected to nitpick everything that is not pure as the driven snow. Still, this has to be expected in this `poitically correct' age. Happens everywhere.

Mr. Shark

Juniors
We "may" have had some bad calls go against us. However, we did show heaps of ill-discipline: across the board. Not first grade standard. Not even close.

newman

First Grade
Every call, except that one you mentioned with the vid ref was justified. He probably could have blown more.
That proves that our ability to play the game within the rules doesnt exist. And that is the coaches fault.

Barrowmundi

Mate the ref cant even be blamed slightly for that half arsed performance. We should have been called up for more foward passes today(what was doing with the passes anyway). Bailey has reverted to lying in the tackle and was lucky not to be pinged more. I have very little hope for this team anymore.

The Shire

Juniors
how can a video ref call benefit of the doubt on a suspect put down he either has control of it or he doesn't. If it was called a try fair enough but if their was doubt in his mind about a knock on surly you cant award 4 points.

BeenThere

Juniors
I am with you metalheaded Shark, it was definitley the Ref's fault. In fact if we had Clarke the Tiges would have put 60 on us and two or three of the Sharks would have been in the bin!

Inferno

Coach
Final penalty count was 14 - 3. Perhaps if we had the ball it a bit more we could have gotten a few penalties as well.

carinashark said:
We were so bad no one noticed the REf!

Hit the nail on the head.

As bad as the ref was, we were much much worse.

warren

Juniors
The Shire said:
how can a video ref call benefit of the doubt on a suspect put down he either has control of it or he doesn't. If it was called a try fair enough but if their was doubt in his mind about a knock on surly you cant award 4 points.

the benefit of the doubt goes towards the attacking team.

Latest posts