What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

regarding the name 'prenriff army'

Leb-PlaYa

Juniors
This is just in my opinon so dont get upset or nything thing ok but ain't 'army' a bit over done with other supporters groups.

i think there are better names out there that you could of used like
penrith legion
penrith misfits
choclate soldiers
panthers 67

i dont mean to offend just asking.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Panthers Den is the supporter shop in the leagues club so i could imagine that would be stepping on some toes with a few people who will remain unmentioned. :lol:

The sons of penrith was a good name. But i don't know the reasons why they didnt keep up with it.

The panfanatics is a great name. :D And the Girdlerettes are up there too! :D :clap:

choc_soldier

Coach
I do see where you are coming from. We were formerly known as the Beersquad up until last year, but a name change was necessitated.

The name was something I did not come up with, but I think the emphasis is on "Penriff" rather than the collective, "Army". There are quite a few "Armies" around at the moment, most notably Bulldogs and Dragons.

I don't think there are any changes in the pipeworks in relation to the name. I personally like it.

No offence was received. 8)

lainey

Juniors
Isn't "Penrith Army" mentioned in one of your chants? If so, then I can't see anything wrong with the name.

BTW, who is the "prenriff army?" :lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
Yeah, it was "Penrith's" or "Panthers", depending on the person who started the chant. It is a bastardisation of the Barmy Army chant.

mightypanther

Juniors
This is just in my opinon so dont get upset or nything thing ok but ain't 'army' a bit over done with other supporters groups.

If there is so many "armies" out there already......then why not one more ?

And no offense.........but I don't like any of your suggestions either.

penrith legion -- just sounds terrible

penrith misfits -- why on earth would they want to call themselves a name that most people would use as an insult towards someone ?

choclate soldiers -- Oh puhlease.....why would ANYONE want to start that up again ? Penrith have spent years shaking off that tag.

panthers 67 -- and how exactly does this sound even remotely like the name of any sort of supporter group ?

I'm not offended because I'm not even a member of the Penriff's Army, but I can't believe your only input here is to bag out a name that
some Panther fans have chosen for themselves. As if it makes any difference to you what they call themselves.

And if you think the "army" tag is so overdone, then why don't you go and tell the Bulldog Army that it's overdone and you think they should
change it ? Give them a heap of your alternative choices as well.....and then see how they respond .. :roll:

SP

Bench
mightypanther said:
And if you think the "army" tag is so overdone, then why don't you go and tell the Bulldog Army that it's overdone and you think they should
change it ? Give them a heap of your alternative choices as well.....and then see how they respond .. :roll:

like the bulldog pound puppy army