What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Release-O-Rama

Bulldog Force

Referee
Not many people may care about referees by Jimmy Korderas is one I've seen in the WWE for years and he's always been around. It's going to be sad to see him go and mad worse by the information below:
Source: http://www.sescoops.com/wwe/Internal_News_On_WWE_Firings_MVP_Quits_Again_Andre.shtml

-- One major firing that took place last week amidst WWE's major staff layoff was that of Geof Rochester, an officer in the company and head of WWE's marketing division. Rochester held the position for nearly three years, which is considered to be a lengthy period of time because of the high turnover rate in the department. He did a solid job in his position, but was known internally for "rubbing people the wrong way."

-- Regarding Tim White, his most recent role in WWE was handling all incoming money at house show events. White was released from the company on Friday after over twenty years of employment.

-- In a sad note, Jimmy Korderas' release on Friday coincided with the death of his father on the very same day. Korderas was removed from his position as referee a while ago due to health concerns. Korderas was training for some different positions behind the scenes before he was let go.

-- For the third consecutive week, WWE's running an angle where MVP gets on the mic saying he quits after losing at house shows. MVP lost to Kizarny on Friday and Saturday and then said he quit at both shows.

Ref.%20Jim%20Korderas.jpg

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
White i couldn't care less about.... but poor jimmy lsoe ya job and your father the same day is quite sad... hopefully the wwe are helping him through this as he served them well over the last 10 years i think

Eelementary

Post Whore
No disrespect to Jimmy, but being a professional wrestling referee...Has to be one of the worst jobs going around imo.

At least as a superstar you actually compete in a match; as a booker you get to make matches and feuds that entertain people; as a referee?

MattYg1

Bench
Tell the superstars what to do - not get listened to
Make a call according to the rules - Get smacked by superstar!
and then pull the ring apart... what a crappy vocation.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Tell the superstars what to do - not get listened to
Make a call according to the rules - Get smacked by superstar!
and then pull the ring apart... what a crappy vocation.
Yes... but it's all an act - it's all rehearsed and part of the show :)

Bulldog Force

Referee
No disrespect to Jimmy, but being a professional wrestling referee...Has to be one of the worst jobs going around imo.

At least as a superstar you actually compete in a match; as a booker you get to make matches and feuds that entertain people; as a referee?
As a referee, you get to travel around America, Canada and in some cases the world for free and stay in luxurious hotels and get paid to do so instead of paying for it. Hell, I'd do it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As a referee, you get to travel around America, Canada and in some cases the world for free and stay in luxurious hotels and get paid to do so instead of paying for it. Hell, I'd do it.

I doubt Vince is forking out for 5 star accommodation for measly referees in a staged sport...

"Johnny, what does your father do?"
"He's a pro wrestler."
"Wow!"

"Dave, what does your father do?"
"He's a professional wrestling referee."
"Oh...Cool..."

Eelementary

Post Whore
So would a garbo. But it's hardly a career path you'd proudly tell everyone about.

I mean sure, you travel, work in a close-knit industry etc. But at least the in-ring talent get to travel AND actually do something. The refs sit there and adjudicate a staged event.

It seems...Silly.

MattYg1

Bench
So would a garbo. But it's hardly a career path you'd proudly tell everyone about.

I mean sure, you travel, work in a close-knit industry etc. But at least the in-ring talent get to travel AND actually do something. The refs sit there and adjudicate a staged event.

It seems...Silly.

When you put it that way...... where does one sign up for a WWE refs spot!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yay!

WWE released Bob Holly today. Holly had been with the company for the last 15 years but wasn't being used on TV recently.

Credit: WWE.com

Recently Released:
* Bob Holly
* Hade Vansen
* Matt Cappotelli
* Gavin Spears
* Mike Kruel
* Kevin Thorn
* Val Venis
* Bam Neely
* D-Lo Brown
* Ron Simmons
* Agent/Producer Sgt. Slaughter
* Agent/Producer Tim White
* Referee Jimmy Korderas
* Referee Kevin Keenan
* Referee Mike Posey
* Referee Mickey Jay

Source: 411mania.com

Spike

First Grade
Didn't they just sign D-Lo not long ago? I remember referring to him as the Owen Craigie of wrestling due to the weight gain.

Hardcore had been in the sh*t for a long time. That is why the Tag Titles were put on DiBiase Jr and Rhodes with Holly never activating their rematch clause.

For those who have been watching wrestling for a long time, I did find it suprising that on wwe.com they referred to him as Bob "Hardcore" Holly.