What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remember When......

Frank Facer

First Grade
I was at this game sitting in the Bradman concourse. We had to play Easts in a play off for 5th spot on the Tuesday night beating them by a big margin scoring 44 points or so. I was at that game too. This was our 3rd game in 7 days and it went to extra time.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I was at this game sitting in the Bradman concourse. We had to play Easts in a play off for 5th spot on the Tuesday night beating them by a big margin scoring 44 points or so. I was at that game too. This was our 3rd game in 7 days and it went to extra time.

As an 11 year-old, I was also at both games, although in the MA Noble Stand.

It seems like yesterday.

Sadly, Saints lost to Canterbury the following week. In a paradigm which occurred a few big games in the 80s, Kevin Roberts screwed St. George in this match has as he did in 1984 (against Parramatta) and 1985 (versus the Bulldogs again).

Old Timer

Coach
We only had 1 jersey
We signed only the best
We were always competitive
We were never beaten at KJO
The SCG was our second home and we didn’t get beaten there very much either
A Changa toe poke at goal or the famous side step out of defence
A flying cover tackle by Chook
Puff with his head thrust back as he burst through a hole
The preseason comp meant something
If it’s long enough and if it’s straight enough