What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rep Weekend player performances (game spoilers)

Doomednow

Bench
How did the boys go, do you think?

Jamal Idris just played a pretty excellent game just now. Do you think they would risk playing him again in Origin?

Moylan was ok, I guess. He has pretty excellent hands and ball control but didn't seem like he was able to do a whole heap. A nice long pass late in the game to some speedy f**ker helped to set up a try.
EDIT: I missed part of this game, but caught his line break in the highlights. He had enough speed in that instance. Nice chip to Reynolds as well.

Docker I didn't really notice.

EDIT: Grant not much of an impact, it seemed to me.

Kev Naiqama had one or two pretty good plays in the Fiji/Samoa match, but still seems to not play a whole match.

Nabuli played well but didn't get many chances, I thought. Was hoping to see some aerial action from him but once Fiji lost their half and Tuqiri took over kicking that wasn't going to happen.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Idris killed Walker poor bastard will have nightmares over that.

I thought RCG was good as well.

You left Whare's great game off the list. That hit on Inglis was great. Was very good. John was solid enough.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah I missed the test so more reviews from that would be good.
Idris was massive in defence. Looked a bit soft in attack but then pulled out two huge plays at the end.
Moylan had two magic attacking plays and was exceptionally safe. Very classy performance and very calm, mature performance. Was always running off the forwards looking for offloads.
Docker was good in defence as you'd expect in the first 20. He came back on and didn't do much but I have noticed he is making a bit more ground on his runs now.
Grant looked decent. Better than he's played for us. Showed a bit of aggression which he's been lacking outshined by Woods who was huge and even Klemmers cameo.

soc123_au

Staff member
The test wasn't a bad game. John was pretty quiet, but wasn't afraid to take the line on, came close to scoring at one point from close range. Would have liked to see him get more involved in ball playing though.

Whare was solid, a few good runs & just a whole lot of what you expect from him. The hit on Inglis was pretty special. Inglis drifting across field looking for a hole or the draw & pass to the winger. Whare drilled him under the ribs & drove him about 10 meters & over the sideline. Pretty impressive to pull off a tackle like that on anyone. The fact it was GI makes it that extra bit impressive. He is just a quality football player, not super flashy but above average in everything he does with the odd "holy shit, that was impressive" moment in him. A few more years and he will be one of the top 4 centers in the game. Probably top 8 already tbh.

maple_69

Bench
Follow up thought. If Jennings is out of Origin one, Idris could be the guy. Switch him to the right to look after Inglis. He is great and physical in defence and you can throw Morris over to the left with Brett.

Tayjack

Juniors
Idris killed Walker poor bastard will have nightmares over that.

I thought RCG was good as well.

You left Whare's great game off the list. That hit on Inglis was great. Was very good. John was solid enough.

The tackle whare made on inglis no doubt was a pretty rock solid tackle, but if your wanting a 3 second play to warrant a great game in 80 minutes your misguided, he did nothing outside that so I'm not sure how you get a great game out of that???

soc123_au

Staff member
Just watched City vs Country. The worlds biggest human seems to be really hitting some form. Hopefully we see him continue to play like that this year. Good game from Moylan too, one of city's best.

murraymob

Coach
The tackle whare made on inglis no doubt was a pretty rock solid tackle, but if your wanting a 3 second play to warrant a great game in 80 minutes your misguided, he did nothing outside that so I'm not sure how you get a great game out of that???

not sure what game you where watching but Whare was outstanding in both defence and attack

ACTPanthers

Bench

Back in your box dickhead :roll:

betcats

Referee
Missed CvC unfortunately, did catch the internationals I thought all our players involved(all reserve graders funnily enough) were solid without being spectacular, ,no one was poor.

Sounds like Idris had a good game and Ive seen Matty mentioned as a good performer a few times so thats good. Not a big fan of this rep w.e but it is good experience for the guys who got picked.

franklin2323

Immortal
Back in your box dickhead :roll:

Yeah. He's a troll..

The fact pretty much everyone was saying how quiet Inglis was is a testamont to how well Whare played. I haven't seen the stats though I imagine it's a typical Whare Game 30 odd tackles not many missed and 100 odd metres. Not bad marking one of the best players in the world

franklin2323

Immortal
Missed CvC unfortunately, did catch the internationals I thought all our players involved(all reserve graders funnily enough) were solid without being spectacular, ,no one was poor.

Sounds like Idris had a good game and Ive seen Matty mentioned as a good performer a few times so thats good. Not a big fan of this rep w.e but it is good experience for the guys who got picked.

Yeah it was hard for the fiji boys to get involved. No Koroisau and Groom going off meant Tuqiri was in the halves and no ball went out wide though it was a testament to Nabuli they attacked the other side of the field

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yeah. He's a troll..

The fact pretty much everyone was saying how quiet Inglis was is a testamont to how well Whare played. I haven't seen the stats though I imagine it's a typical Whare Game 30 odd tackles not many missed and 100 odd metres. Not bad marking one of the best players in the world

This. There aren't many players out there who can keep GI quiet - Obviously, Whare is one of few.