What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserves Rd 7 v Newtown

1. Dylan Smith
23 David Nofoaluma
3 Tommy Talau
4 Kane McQuiggin
5 Kane Bradley
6 Tyson Gamble
7 Kauri Aupouri-Puketapu
8 Joseph Ratuvakacereivalu
14 Jacob Liddle
15 Elia Faatui
11 Sam McIntyre
13 Robbie Rochow
9 Braden Robson

Reserves:
16 Henry Lealuga-Puhotau
18 Alex Seyfarth
19 Bilal Maarbani
21 Patrice Siolo

No Packer at all.

Did I just hear correctly....the Tigers have a tall timber on the wing. Kane Bradley 6 foot 6 & 101 kg's.

He's profile is interesting;
Kane Bradley started his junior representative career with the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Matthews Cup side before having a break out SG Ball season with the St George Dragons in 2018. This proved to be a turning point in Bradley's career, with the rangy forward named in the NSW U/18's extended squad that attracted interest from a number of clubs, including Wests Tigers.

Bradley joins Wests Tigers as a Development Player in 2019 and is eligible for first-grade selection after Round 16, as per NRL rules.

Bradley is signed through at Wests Tigers until the end of the 2021 season.

Tigerm

First Grade
Did I just hear correctly....the Tigers have a tall timber on the wing. Kane Bradley 6 foot 6 & 101 kg's.

He's profile is interesting;
Kane Bradley started his junior representative career with the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Matthews Cup side before having a break out SG Ball season with the St George Dragons in 2018. This proved to be a turning point in Bradley's career, with the rangy forward named in the NSW U/18's extended squad that attracted interest from a number of clubs, including Wests Tigers.

Bradley joins Wests Tigers as a Development Player in 2019 and is eligible for first-grade selection after Round 16, as per NRL rules.

Bradley is signed through at Wests Tigers until the end of the 2021 season.
Sounds promising, OTT, thank for the update, I never get to see these guys, so its always good to hear about the team.

Perth Tiger

Bench
1. Dylan Smith
23 David Nofoaluma
3 Tommy Talau
4 Kane McQuiggin
5 Kane Bradley
6 Tyson Gamble
7 Kauri Aupouri-Puketapu
8 Joseph Ratuvakacereivalu
14 Jacob Liddle
15 Elia Faatui
11 Sam McIntyre
13 Robbie Rochow
9 Braden Robson

Reserves:
16 Henry Lealuga-Puhotau
18 Alex Seyfarth
19 Bilal Maarbani
21 Patrice Siolo

No Packer at all.

He was with the first grade team in Tamworth so they might not have made it back in time for him to play

Vic Mackey

Referee
Typical reserve grade game. Lots of momentum changes, poor refereeing and a number of guys on either team who would struggle playing in some A Grade OzTag comps.

Thought Liddle, Smith and Bradley were our best by a mile. Liddle was involved in ever try. Smith keeps improving, I don’t think he has that zip to be a star but he is safe at the back and does enough in attack to be an asset, would handle first grade if he gets an opportunity IMO.

Bradley is coming on much quicker then expected. As mentioned above he was a Jnr rep back rower who only started playing wing this year. Positioning has been good and has been sound under the high ball. Already shown he can finish and do the tough runs out of our end. It says he’s 101kgs but being 6’6 he still looks like a stick, I’d say he could put on 7,8kgs and not lose any pace or versatility. Would be a real shot at first grade round 1 next year if he continues on the trajectory he is going.

Late tries to Dylan Smith and Kauri Aupouri-Puketapu has given the Western Suburbs Magpies a 32-22 victory over the Newtown Jets at Lidcombe Oval on Sunday.

It was a fittingly hard-fought contest as both sides challenged for the Tommy Raudonikis Cup although it would be the Magpies who prevailed with rapid-fire tries in the closing stages proving the difference.

The Jets were made to rue the loss of Kyle Flanagan in the lead-up to kick-offalthough Luke Polselli impressed in his absence with a starring display in a losing side.

Western Suburbs were relentless in the opening exchanges with three unanswered tries in the first 10 minutes – Jacob Liddle with the first try in just the third minute before Kane Bradley followed suit shortly after.

David Nofoaluma gave his side a healthy 16-point buffer with a try in the 10th minute, but the Jets would gained a surge of confidence when Matt Evans crossed just 10 minutes later.

Evans got his second try just five minutes before half-time following some great lead-up play from James Segeyaro to reduce the deficit to just four at the break.

Tries to Isaac Lumelume gave the Jets an unlikely lead but it was short-lived as Kane Bradley picked up his second try of the afternoon and put Wests back in front.

With 20 minutes to go there was a two-point difference between the teams, until Jets centre Jackson Ferris broke the deadlock with a try in the 61st minute.

Just moments later, Tyson Gamble and Jets halfback Braydon Trindall went head to head in pursuit of a Segeyaro kick which eventually lead to the match-winning try to Dylan Smith.

In the end, it was a battle of desperation Magpies prevailed with a try to Aupouri-Puketapu. They’ll look to maintain this momentum when they verse the Bears next week while Jets take on an in-form South Sydney Rabbitohs side

6 Tries:
  • Jacob Liddle 3'
  • Kane Bradley 6'
  • David Nofoaluma 11'
  • Kane Bradley 53'
  • Dylan Smith 67'
  • Kauri Aupouri-Puketapu 73'

Tiger05

First Grade
Did anyone see the game. I assume Liddle is killing it. If he stays fit I'd be giving him a shot in first grade.

What about Bradley ? I think he is a big winger which we could do with.

Team of the Week.

5. Kane Bradley
Club: Western Suburbs Magpies; 2019 TOTW selections: 1

Two tries, two line-breaks, five tackle-breaks, 155 total metres.

9. Jacob Liddle
Club: Western Suburbs Magpies; 2019 TOTW selections: 1

One try, one try-assist, one line-break, one line-break assist, two tackle-breaks, 120 total metres, one offload, 42 tackles.

macnaz

Staff member
Did anyone see the game. I assume Liddle is killing it. If he stays fit I'd be giving him a shot in first grade.

What about Bradley ? I think he is a big winger which we could do with.
Yep Liddle played well and stands out as all class.. just needs to stay injury free and let his body catch up with his ability. I really hope he can stay healthy because he can honestly become one the comps best hookers and even make rep level sides down the track.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep Liddle played well and stands out as all class.. just needs to stay injury free and let his body catch up with his ability. I really hope he can stay healthy because he can honestly become one the comps best hookers and even make rep level sides down the track.

I rate the guy. I'd love to see him given a shot in first grade. Ease him in off the bench if we need too. He can make a difference to our team.

macnaz

Staff member
I rate the guy. I'd love to see him given a shot in first grade. Ease him in off the bench if we need too. He can make a difference to our team.
What can I say , I've been watching footy for over 40 years and I've seen the likes of Wayne Pearce Blocker Brasher etc come through the grades and show they are destined for bigger things .. and I truly believe Liddle is a special gifted player .. yes he has continually had injury set backs BUT he has the right attitude to carry on regardless, we should do our best to retain him and hope he can sign on for lower money to repay the clubs commitment to him and then repay him down the track when he reaches his potential.
Kind of like what we did with Turdesco... but hope he doesnt turn into a merkin like him and desert us .

Tiger Ted

Bench
What can I say , I've been watching footy for over 40 years and I've seen the likes of Wayne Pearce Blocker Brasher etc come through the grades and show they are destined for bigger things .. and I truly believe Liddle is a special gifted player .. yes he has continually had injury set backs BUT he has the right attitude to carry on regardless, we should do our best to retain him and hope he can sign on for lower money to repay the clubs commitment to him and then repay him down the track when he reaches his potential.
Kind of like what we did with Turdesco... but hope he doesnt turn into a merkin like him and desert us .[/QUOTE
Hopefully he isn’t managed by that grub Isaac moses

Tiger Ted

Bench
Kind of like what we did with Turdesco... but hope he doesnt turn into a merkin like him and desert us .
Hopefully he isn’t managed by that grub Isaac moses

The unknown

Juniors
Typical reserve grade game. Lots of momentum changes, poor refereeing and a number of guys on either team who would struggle playing in some A Grade OzTag comps.

Thought Liddle, Smith and Bradley were our best by a mile. Liddle was involved in ever try. Smith keeps improving, I don’t think he has that zip to be a star but he is safe at the back and does enough in attack to be an asset, would handle first grade if he gets an opportunity IMO.

Bradley is coming on much quicker then expected. As mentioned above he was a Jnr rep back rower who only started playing wing this year. Positioning has been good and has been sound under the high ball. Already shown he can finish and do the tough runs out of our end. It says he’s 101kgs but being 6’6 he still looks like a stick, I’d say he could put on 7,8kgs and not lose any pace or versatility. Would be a real shot at first grade round 1 next year if he continues on the trajectory he is going.

Gee with that height and size he'd have to be a shoe in for a wing spot next year. We have been crying out for a tall winger since Richards