What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rest of the draw?

franklin2323

Immortal
Did you guys that are members do that survey that was emailed? preferred timeslot was one question. Did anyone not have Sunday & Sat night at 7.30 as their top choices?? 80% will say the same I dare say

CCJohnC

Juniors
My Partner and I are season ticket holders and travel 135k each way to home games from Central Coast. Our view on the draw: it is for TV only not for the fans who go to games. We think that the NRL and Channel 9 do not know where Penrith is as it is not within 15k of the Sydney. They do not know that it is a working and family area who have to work and go to school the following day. Three Monday Night games to come (making four out of ten home games) will kill any chance of so many being able to go to the game. I am not surprised from all the comments made so far, which we are fully in agreement with, that people are reluctant to renew season tickets next year. This is what we will be doing as well as it is often around mid-night before we get home after evening games. We are NOT in favour of Monday Night and Thursday Night games. As Phil Gould says bring on Sunday afternoon games.

GongPanther

Referee
Did you guys that are members do that survey that was emailed? preferred timeslot was one question. Did anyone not have Sunday & Sat night at 7.30 as their top choices?? 80% will say the same I dare say

I think that survey was done by a third partner.If I recall,I did do the survey.But when they wanted the personal shit like age,money earned,and other personal stuff,etc,I dropped that survey like a sack of potatoes.

TheFrog

Coach
My Partner and I are season ticket holders and travel 135k each way to home games from Central Coast. Our view on the draw: it is for TV only not for the fans who go to games. We think that the NRL and Channel 9 do not know where Penrith is as it is not within 15k of the Sydney. They do not know that it is a working and family area who have to work and go to school the following day. Three Monday Night games to come (making four out of ten home games) will kill any chance of so many being able to go to the game. I am not surprised from all the comments made so far, which we are fully in agreement with, that people are reluctant to renew season tickets next year. This is what we will be doing as well as it is often around mid-night before we get home after evening games. We are NOT in favour of Monday Night and Thursday Night games. As Phil Gould says bring on Sunday afternoon games.

Don't forget the Warriors game in Round 26 is Sunday 6.30pm. This game would draw 16,000 at 3.00pm. The equivalent game in the last round of 2007 (when we ran last) drew 14,500 on Saturday afternoon. In this slot, it won't draw 10,000.

I'm wondering if the club agreed to all these Monday night/Sunday night games to collect the compensation, or for some other consideration (no idea what). We've got 5 at home this season. The next most of any club is two.