What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rest of the draw?

forby

Juniors
Does anybody know when the rest of the draw comes out, especially the Bulldogs game?

We should see a few channel nine games you'd expect. Hopefully most are Friday night for the live broadcast. Although Sunday arvo for home matches would be good too.

franklin2323

Immortal
We should see a few channel nine games you'd expect. Hopefully most are Friday night for the live broadcast. Although Sunday arvo for home matches would be good too.

There's a draft draw for these last few weeks. Doing the rounds clearly things change for form etc. That had Storm game as a Sunday game

franklin2323

Immortal
It's out now and utter garbage.

2 Monday night and a Sunday night game

Takes us to 4 Monday night games... 0 Sunday or Sat night games.

Safe to say we lose another home game next season

flash

Juniors
It's out now and utter garbage.

2 Monday night and a Sunday night game

Takes us to 4 Monday night games... 0 Sunday or Sat night games.

Safe to say we lose another home game next season

I dont have twitter so cant tell Gould what i think about this.

It was the first year I decided to become a member rather than buying tickets on a ad-hoc basis. Looking at the draw I expected to miss 1 or 2 games due to Friday/Monday nights, but not 5.

Safe to say I wont be renewing, it's much more affordable to wait for the draw and attend when I can.

franklin2323

Immortal
I dont have twitter so cant tell Gould what i think about this.

It was the first year I decided to become a member rather than buying tickets on a ad-hoc basis. Looking at the draw I expected to miss 1 or 2 games due to Friday/Monday nights, but not 5.

Safe to say I wont be renewing, it's much more affordable to wait for the draw and attend when I can.

I don't have twitter either but got the email. Hard to blame you our schedule has been terrible this season. Only 4 Sydney teams at home as well

Sime_11

Juniors
we always get shafted.

just need another 20k fans on top of what we have now and we'll get friday games, regardless of form.

surely Manly v Penrith coulda been moved to friday night with 1 of the 3 saturday games moved to sunday, who wants to see brisbane v st george....

what does everyone think of Monday night games? (in general, not panthers games)

franklin2323

Immortal
what does everyone think of Monday night games? (in general, not panthers games)

As I hate the voice the current options on TV are poor so I like live sport on tv through the week. They should be shared around. You expect 1 maybe 2 but 4.... That's a joke

TheFrog

Coach
we always get shafted.

just need another 20k fans on top of what we have now and we'll get friday games, regardless of form.

surely Manly v Penrith coulda been moved to friday night with 1 of the 3 saturday games moved to sunday, who wants to see brisbane v st george....

They get very poor crowds, and are only for Foxtel, which I refuse to have on principle.

In short, they suck and should be done away with. I note the AFL is abandoning Sunday night games but it seems our sport is beholden to TV.

franklin2323

Immortal
They get very poor crowds, and are only for Foxtel, which I refuse to have on principle.

In short, they suck and should be done away with. I note the AFL is abandoning Sunday night games but it seems our sport is beholden to TV.

Yeah but there's no other sport on so they have benefits. Just clubs need to be compensated for the poor crowds as a result. Certainly should be shared around the comp

mxlegend99

Referee
Very unimpressed with the draw. Our 3 last home games are basically near impossible for me to attend. Between work the following morning with 6am starts, and having a 6 month and 19 month old to worry about being out in the cold.

The draw makes it near impossible for us to get a decent home crowd average. Those are difficult games to get big crowds to anyway, throw them in the most inconvenient time slots and we will be lucky to get 12k to those games. If it rains you could probably bet it would be around 6k.

TheFrog

Coach
It doesn't worry me personally that the last 3 home games are in shitty timeslots because I'll probably attend all these games. However, if crowd figures are going to be held up as evidence of a club's viability or otherwise, the club should be entitled to choose when to stage its event. Obviously that's not possible, but we've got 4 Monday nights, 1 Sunday night (final round, no Monday game), and several 5.30 Saturdays.

We're supposed to have had a favourable draw according to threads elsewhere, you couldn't by any stretch call the timeslots favourable.

Sime_11

Juniors
suppose by getting 3 home games out of last 4 rounds of the season, we had to cop some garbage but back to back monday night games....

flash

Juniors
Commercially I understand why it exists. According to Oztam, Monday night NRL often is watched more than Sunday NRL and AFL. Even the Matty Johns show rates higher. They rate double of any other show on foxtel Monday to Thursday.

But as a fan, I work in the city plus picking up the kids and getting to a game at 7pm on a schoolnight (home at 9.30pm) is never going to happen.

franklin2323

Immortal
It doesn't worry me personally that the last 3 home games are in shitty timeslots because I'll probably attend all these games. However, if crowd figures are going to be held up as evidence of a club's viability or otherwise, the club should be entitled to choose when to stage its event. Obviously that's not possible, but we've got 4 Monday nights, 1 Sunday night (final round, no Monday game), and several 5.30 Saturdays.

We're supposed to have had a favourable draw according to threads elsewhere, you couldn't by any stretch call the timeslots favourable.

I am the same. Kid can't come though and I will major tired the next day for work

Caged Panther

First Grade
Very unimpressed with the draw. Our 3 last home games are basically near impossible for me to attend. Between work the following morning with 6am starts, and having a 6 month and 19 month old to worry about being out in the cold.

The draw makes it near impossible for us to get a decent home crowd average. Those are difficult games to get big crowds to anyway, throw them in the most inconvenient time slots and we will be lucky to get 12k to those games. If it rains you could probably bet it would be around 6k.

I generally hate the concept of Monday night games but if we have to have them someone at the NRL needs a lesson in geography and demographics.

Seriously do they not realise that a good proportion of people living in the Western Suburbs work in the city or other reasonably distant locations where they'd be damn lucky to be back in Penrith from work by 7pm let alone be back and managed to organsie their families. Add in the people in MX's position who can't get to games due to other practical considerations like school, the time they start work etc and it's pathetic.

TheFrog

Coach
The Titans match on Easter Monday got 9,500 on a Public Holiday when admission was discounted.

The Broncos game might get 11,000 if you're really lucky.

Likewise the Warriors, as they have a few supporters in our area. The Warriors game might do OK as its a Sunday night game.

The Cowboys and Storm games will be lucky to draw 7,000 each. That's if the weather is good.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think I'll wait and see what time slots we get next season before becoming a season ticket holder again. If we get decent time slots, I'm going to be grabbing grand stand tickets under shelter so that we can avoid the sun in the opening rounds at home, and the rain shouldn't effect us going to games if we are up high in the grand stand under cover. Wanted to do that this year, but our youngest is confined to a pram and it just would have been too difficult to get to the seats.

If we get all the worst time slots though. I'll probably just renew my boys as non ticketed proud panthers members, watch the bulk of the season at home on FoxSports and attend the few decent timeslots we get. That's not ideal as I want to have my boys brainwashed to love the Panthers and attend every game possible. Even when they're 5 and 6 years old, those time slots would still be awful having work the next day for myself, school the next day for them. Honestly there's almost no consideration for families in our draw.

edit
The Saturday afternoon games were also bad for us. My fiance has netball in Blacktown (coaching her Under 10's team in the mornings, and playing in the afternoons) and isn't even home by the time most of our games have kicked off on the Saturday afternoon.

No Saturday game should kick off before 5.30pm in Penrith. Ideal time slots for us would be Friday 7.30, Saturday 7.30 and Sunday 2pm or 3pm. Saturday 5.30pm is manageable, but requires a lot of rushing around to get to. Although throughout the school holidays her netball isn't on, so we can attend the earlier games. But I think we only had 2 games line-up for that to happen.

Last edited:

Latest posts