What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning to the Gym - need some advice

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Hey guys,

Ive had patellar tendonitis for approximately 15 years. I first noticed it when I was approximately 15 years old, too much touch footy on the basketball courts during school lol. I was too dumb, the doctor basically told me not to run for 6 months, so that it could return to normal...I did the hero thing and thought I'd rather continue with my constant footy during school and footy on the weekends.

I turned 30 back in December, now the bloody thing is causing me some serious discomfort. I ice it when the pain increases and I use voltaren.

When I attend the gym to perform a leg day, I find it hard to perform any leg workouts. Anyone able to recommend some workouts for the legs despite the Patellar tendonitis? Squats generally leave my knee quite inflamed.