What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review of Season 2024

Wizardman

First Grade
Bula: B-. While I don't think Bula has really built much on his rookie year, he has still been steady for us at the back. I do think he suffered from the lack of attack from around him. Im expecting a step forward in his development next season.
Doueihi: D He did give some standing in attack......but his defence has been as woeful as its ever been. Hope he just there for depth reasons in 2025.
Sezer: D Pretty good very early into the season but his effectiveness wore off pretty quick. He let us down in defence and discipline numerous times and just had no zip to trouble opposition sides.
Lobb: E Not a first grader and doubt he will be.
Naden: E If Naden's football brain matched his athletic ability, he'd be rep football quality. Sadly, he is just not a first grade footballer between the ears.
Staines: D+ = Did the odd good thing in attack but he is not a first grader.
Casey: E He actually played this year which is a reflection of our injury ward.
Mason: D+ Youngster with some holes in his game but seems to have a good attitude.
Sullivan: E = Pascoe's parting gift to us.....bastard!
Feledy: E = Not seen much of him but a lot have been picked in front of him this year which does not look too good for him.
Tupou: C Decent when he played....injury wrecked year though. No real loss to the club.
Olam: D = Very sad to give Olam that rating but for various reasons, he has simply not delivered this year. His first game at Leichardt was A class though.
Galvin: B+ Such a positive player for a team like ours. Always has a dig and will be better for the year.
Latu Fainu: D =For various reasons, we are still waiting to see how good this kid is. Some promise here and there but the verdict is out with him.
Luke Lauilil: D Raw as tough steak...but willing. Definitely worth keeping him around.
Alaimalo: D = Not really impressed with him. I think a few WT pundits have overrated the bloke.
Faatape: C- = A tough guy to rate. He certainly has his defensive faults but has some good attacking ability and his attitude is spot on. Im very keen to see how he goes after a full off-season with us.
To'a: E = Injury hit year, but had his form struggles late last year as well.
Seyfarth: C+ = I did not have much hope for the bloke at the start of the year. He really looks like he could be a very solid first grader next year. Very happy with his development this year.
Twal: D- = Twal is Twal. Honest defender but we need more punch in attack.
Koroisau: A = Excellent player and leader.
Tumeth: E
Klemmer: E = Sad to give him that rating but he is no longer starting first grade quality. Our number two salary cap problem behind Sullivan.
Pole: C+ = A man with good potential. A good season which he can hopefully build on.
Papilii: D = He was meant to give us explosive punch as a wide running backrower.......failed miserably. Playing ok as a middle forward now but failed in doing the role he was paid to do.
Bateman: D = Pretty much a copy and paste of Papilii. He did defend well and tried hard....but nowhere near the player he was at Canberra. Hopefully, he doesn't come back.
Miller: E = He has a LOT of work to do.
Matamua: E Touted by most as a guy who would push for first grade impact. It just hasn't happened for him.
Porter: D Good decent NSW Cup player....not a first grader.
Samuela Fainu: B+ A man that has surprised most of us. He has it all! A guy we simply must lock up longterm.
Sione Fainu: D Solid forward but not a regular first grade prospect.
Stefano Ute: E He had the odd game that was definitely higher than an E. But, when you take into account the drawn out contract dealings and him basically taking the piss after a month, it has been a shit of a year for a bloke that should have played so much better. If he truly put in, we are likely not fighting to avoid the spoon next weekend.
Da Silva: C = I like the look of him. I think even a man like Api needs a rest and he is perfect to come on when players are tired.
Johannsesn: D Worth persevering with.

Coach: C+ It is a bit of an odd mark for a guy who is fighting to avoid the spoon. But, considering the squad he has been given, he definitely deserves a pass mark.

*The team do seem to play for him and fight hard. I think the only game where they really caved in was the St George game at Woolongong.
*Their defence was damn good in the first ten weeks.....while I've not seen a better attacking Wests Tigers side since Moses and Tedesco were at the club over the last part of the season. We have not put the complete game together all year.....part parts of our game are developing.
*Benji is getting some performance from the young guys who are buying in.

He has definitely done enough to see what he can do with better players around him.

CEO: A+ = Richo has been the star of the organisation this year. In terms of governance, Richo has been extremely strong this year. Let it continue!

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
In Richo we trust.

Hopefully Barry gets extended, the shareholder agreement gets adopted and we start to see these independent directors come on board.

The work Richo has done off field and the signings since he's come on board have been fantastic.

Tiger Ted

Bench
In Richo we trust.

Hopefully Barry gets extended, the shareholder agreement gets adopted and we start to see these independent directors come on board.

The work Richo has done off field and the signings since he's come on board have been fantastic.
Without Richo running the show we’d b well & truly FKD.He gives me much hope & we r certainly & finally on an upwards trajectory.Hes one of only 2 people who could turn this shithole around.The other is super coach WB.