What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reyno out for 4 months

God-King Dean

Immortal
I was hoping he'd play Origin.

Now we're gonna have to put up with Souths fans for years, saying another plodder of there's should be playing Origin, ala Nathan Merritt.

Big Sam

First Grade
I was hoping he'd play Origin.

Now we're gonna have to put up with Souths fans for years, saying another plodder of there's should be playing Origin, ala Nathan Merritt.

Keary might still play.

Obviously injured but how can that call be made within an hour of the game finishing?

He's had knee issues before (had a full reco in 2011). Even something like a posterior would mean more time out than usual.

doyen

Bench
From Madge........torn lateral ligament.

My bliss has evolved into depression!!

Graham knew he had hurt him immediately.

We can only pray that it's not as bad as first thought!

Our Father who art............................!!

southsport

First Grade
It's not over yet guys, the boys just have to hang in there to stay in reach until after origin when we should start to get all hands on deck.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I think that might be the way to go. I've been dying to see how Alex Johnston goes at fullback; word out of the South Sydney camp is that he is an unbelievable fullback.

Defence will be the key. Defending in first grade is a bit different to juniors.

Do we have any other halves?

Big Sam

First Grade
It's not over yet guys, the boys just have to hang in there to stay in reach until after origin when we should start to get all hands on deck.

Exactly. Only need 10-12 more wins to guarantee Top 4 based on recent history and I think we can do that with a Sutton/Keary halves combo.

So long as you make the Top 4 you have as good a chance as any of winning.

hurricane57

Juniors
Just read this

Asked about the Graham tackle, where the English international took out the left leg of Reynolds while attempting to charge down a field-goal attempt, Maguire said: “I can’t make comment around the actual incident, that’s in the game’s hands.
“But I’ve lost my halfback. We’ve had a look at his lateral ligament and, unfortunately, it’s not attached any more.
“Adam has got to go get some scans but, yeah, worst case scenario.”
Maguire also confirmed that he had been made aware of an incident involving Josh Reynolds in the dying stages of the match. The Belmore No. 6 is alleged to have hurled a kicking tee at the injured halfback as he hobbled back across halfway.
It’s understood police evicted six supporters from ANZ Stadium — two for throwing projectiles.

Says a lot about the character of Josh Reynolds I think.

souths_pride

Juniors
Defence will be the key. Defending in first grade is a bit different to juniors.

Do we have any other halves?

Are you talking about with Johnston or Inglis at 5/8? Johnston came through the lower grades as a fullback; he was only forced onto the wing because of Greg Inglis. As for Inglis playing a 5/8, he won a Clive Churchill medal playing in that position. I'd say both players are more than competent in both defence and attack in those respective decisions.

Also, just on the Reynolds injury, how on earth did anyone determine what the injury was and the severity of it without him going for scans?

Latest posts