What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reynolds and Luke 1 week suspension

souths_pride

Juniors
https://twitter.com/smhsport/status/505180632004448257

With Sutto back it won't be too big an issue. Api and McInnes have proved solid replacements already this year when it comes to hooker.

To be honest, I don't mind us not being at full strength given we might play them the week after.

I think Koroisau is out injured; he hasn't been named for Norths in a while! Cameron McInnes hasn't been named either in a while, so I'm not sure what his story anyway. To be honest, I don't like this idea of resting players. I don't think we're that good that we can afford that luxury; we need all the momentum we can get going into the finals.

rabbitohs95

Bench
https://twitter.com/smhsport/status/505180632004448257

With Sutto back it won't be too big an issue. Api and McInnes have proved solid replacements already this year when it comes to hooker.

To be honest, I don't mind us not being at full strength given we might play them the week after.

If we fight Reynolds' charge and lose he'll only get one week anyway, so we may as well fight it.

There was nothing in Issac's charge and there was evidence showing Ennis put him in a dangerous position on the floor.

I believe both Koroisau and McInnes are injured.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'll go out and assume at least one of Koroisau or McInnes will be alright.

We should fight Reynolds' charge if we win he plays if we lose he only loses a week

hunters

Juniors
Perhaps Turner could do a job there? Would love to see Walker spend some time in attack there, he could be explosive out of dummy half. Not sure he could defend there for a full game though.

ram raid

Bench
No major difficulty covering either spot. But it's annoying not having a stable set of halves. Will be interesting if Sutto and Keary play well together.

Dogmatix

Juniors
No point in Souths contesting at the judiciary. Take the early pleas and treat next week as a dead rubber by resting Sam Burgess and Inglis who both looked injured last night. Souths have a top 4 spot in the bag and the position in the top 4 won't matter as Sydney teams look certain for 1-2 spots meaning the finals week 1 will be played in Sydney

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll go out and assume at least one of Koroisau or McInnes will be alright.

We should fight Reynolds' charge if we win he plays if we lose he only loses a week

I don't think we should fight Reynolds charge as taking the guilty plea will see him only have 12 carry over points. If he fights it and losers he will have 50 carry over points.

Going into finals it is best for Adam to not have many carry over points. If he is involved in an incident and charged in the finals he could have a chance of not missing any games eg: a tripping charge around 70 points I think.

I agree with you on Issac can't believe he is charged for that! His foot didn't connect with Ennis face hard. Ennis took a massive dive! Issac couldn't even tell what he was doing he was upside down and kicking was a natural instinct.

Don't think we will fight Issac's charge as it will risk him missing 2 games.

hurricane57

Juniors
Both Koroisau and McInnes have been injured.........Clark or Lowe to #9 I guess.

I am really disappointed in the progress Clark has made since making it to first grade, he was the next best thing, with all this promise, he could do anything blah blah blah.

He has been turned into a drone, a worker bee, when he receives the ball he immediately turns to the nearest defender and gets tackled by him.
He, like Lowe is unable to pass at all, Lowe has past the ball twice in living memory (one of those was forward) Clark, we still await his passing debut.

I will be very surprised it either of those two guys replace Luke (what bullshit charge, Ennis should have been penalised,. just crap)

I see both Lowe and Clark as weaknesses in an otherwise strong side, oh I also place Picker, Goodwin, Reddy in the weakness side of the ledger.
Hope we don't need much input from these guys come finals time because I think they will let us down.

I knew we would really miss Teo.

southsport

First Grade
No point in Souths contesting at the judiciary. Take the early pleas and treat next week as a dead rubber by resting Sam Burgess and Inglis who both looked injured last night. Souths have a top 4 spot in the bag and the position in the top 4 won't matter as Sydney teams look certain for 1-2 spots meaning the finals week 1 will be played in Sydney

As much as we hate getting beaten by the chooks, the "dead rubber" idea certainly has some merit, rest the players with niggling injuries to freshen them up for the semis.

redandgreenduck

Juniors
As much as we hate getting beaten by the chooks, the "dead rubber" idea certainly has some merit, rest the players with niggling injuries to freshen them up for the semis.

I cant stand the thought of being beaten by the rooters but without a recognised goal kicker and suspensions, maybe resting Sam and GI and hitting the finals basically full strength is the way to go.

Big Sam

First Grade
It's not just giving players a rest - there is ahigh chance we play them in Week 1. There would be no psychological advantage gained for them from beating us minus Luke, Reynolds, Sam, GI.

Also R&G Duck, Keary is a great goalkicker so we'll be fine in that department.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dylan Walker can goal kick as well. So Walker and Keary will both be practicing at training this week.

Lets hope we are competitive next week with the Roosters with us missing a few players. We absolutely hate losing to them but we have to think about finals week 1.

Reynolds and Issac will come back refreshed and ready to go just like George last night.

goodplayer

Juniors
If we fight Reynolds' charge and lose he'll only get one week anyway, so we may as well fight it.

There was nothing in Issac's charge and there was evidence showing Ennis put him in a dangerous position on the floor.

I believe both Koroisau and McInnes are injured.
there was evidence showing Ennis put him in a dangerous position on the floor.
:lol: