What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rick Ponting is a disgrace

mickdo

Coach
Anyone who quotes Tony Grieg for racist advice should take a long hard look at themselves...

JJ

Immortal
ak47 said:
*edit, quote deleted*

that's perhaps the funniest thing - the self proclaimed masters of mental disintegration have pretty thin skins when a little comes back.

Ponting will be pleased now he might make some runs that his daddy has been banned - no more bitch slappings from Harby

shiznit

Coach
JJ said:
that's perhaps the funniest thing - the self proclaimed masters of mental disintegration have pretty thin skins when a little comes back.

Ponting will be pleased now he might make some runs that his daddy has been banned - no more bitch slappings from Harby
your not allowed to say that though.... i got a bollocking about it on here yesterday when i said singh shouldnt be suspended if ponting and symonds are the only ones that heard it.... the main reasoning was because ponting wouldnt lie...

JJ

Immortal
shiznit said:
your not allowed to say that though.... i got a bollocking about it on here yesterday when i said singh shouldnt be suspended if ponting and symonds are the only ones that heard it.... the main reasoning was because ponting wouldnt lie...

No, of course he wouldn't, no Australian cricketer ever would :sarcasm:

fish eel

Immortal
JJ said:

Don't you think racist slurs cross the line and should not be tolerated?

They have every right and they should get their backs up about a racial slur.

Sporting field or not, there is no place for it anywhere or in anyform.

The dish it out but cant take it line? Lehmann incident aside, I'm not aware of the australian side using racial slurs on the field. If they were to, I'd hope the be reported.

JJ

Immortal
fish eel said:
Don't you think racist slurs cross the line and should not be tolerated?

They have every right and they should get their backs up about a racial slur.

Sporting field or not, there is no place for it anywhere or in anyform.

The dish it out but cant take it line? Lehmann incident aside, I'm not aware of the australian side using racial slurs on the field. If they were to, I'd hope the be reported.

No I don't - but the Aussies love a bit of chatter, and when you're constantly goaded etc you might say something you regret...

There's no doubt the Aussies can dish it out but can't take it, many examples, prime one is McGrath and Sarwan

Quite frankly, it's all a childish bore - again, let them sort it out like they do in baseball, I'd love to see a brawl...

fish eel

Immortal
JJ said:
No I don't - but the Aussies love a bit of chatter, and when you're constantly goaded etc you might say something you regret...

There's no doubt the Aussies can dish it out but can't take it, many examples, prime one is McGrath and Sarwan

Quite frankly, it's all a childish bore - again, let them sort it out like they do in baseball, I'd love to see a brawl...

Yes, McGrath was out of line but was under immense personal stress at that time.

But please.

The whole dish it out but cant take it line becomes irrelevant once racism comes into play.

HevyDevy

Coach
ak47 said:
quote deleted

Hmmmm ..... whatever.

The Indians were obviously fine with all of this racism flying around from the Aussie players but took offence to the term 'bastard'.

I notice you overlooked this bit JJ?

JJ

Immortal
fish eel said:
Yes, McGrath was out of line but was under immense personal stress at that time.

But please.

The whole dish it out but cant take it line becomes irrelevant once racism comes into play.

racism, or a perceived racist comment?

the whole thing is irrelevant - I think we can safelky assume that the Aussies were saying things to Singh that were less than complementary? If someone is abused, they sometimes respond with things that they later regret, or are poorly judged.

Get rid of the childish sledging, and much of the problem goes away. Again, I am amused that Singh is branded a racist merkin, and Lehmann not, when Singh if he said it was more clearly provoked than Lehmann

JJ

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
Hmmmm ..... whatever.

The Indians were obviously fine with all of this racism flying around from the Aussie players but took offence to the term 'bastard'.

I notice you overlooked this bit JJ?

eh?? I assumed he was talking historically, not in this test...

JJ

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
He said 'last test'

you'll excuse me if I only skim read... I never made an assumption that the Aussies made any racist comments in this test, or any test recently

El Diablo

Post Whore
ak47 said:
anyone who thinks we never said anything racial last test should have a hard look at themselves

are you for real :?

not even the Indians have accused players of making racist remarks

HevyDevy

Coach
No but I thought you may have picked up on the fact that ak47 did make such an assertion and corrected him on it ...

JJ

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
No but I thought you may have picked up on the fact that ak47 did make such an assertion and corrected him on it ...

I misread it - he got that badly wrong