What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky John Stuart

fizman

Bench
At least we know where his focus and energy for the 2010 season was spent - U12's.

Imposter of an alleged Coach who suffers from little man syndrome which is enabled by the gutless and scared NRL Journalist Fraternity.

Laughable that a coach who last won a premiership in 2002 has been able to talk his way into a career.

Hope the NRL come down on him like a tonne of bricks.

Tiger Shark

Bench
At least we know where his focus and energy for the 2010 season was spent - U12's.

Imposter of an alleged Coach who suffers from little man syndrome which is enabled by the gutless and scared NRL Journalist Fraternity.

Laughable that a coach who last won a premiership in 2002 has been able to talk his way into a career.

Hope the NRL come down on him like a tonne of bricks.
Not to mention a win percentage of 50%

Which is just shy of Nathan Brown who gets fired pretty much everytime he coaches

Less than Madges at 55%

His recruitment strategy is to mostly just get people who find the Canberra weather an upgrade on where they are coming from.

And the Raiders just extended his contract lol

Yes, a career in rugby league is definitely about who your mates are not if you're actually any good. A certain ex halfback of ours still currently playing knows how to play this game i reckon.

Maccas4177

Juniors
There’s talk of a $20k fine and a 1 match suspension. This for slandering a player to the entire country. You can’t miss it - its been everywhere. Yet, a player calling a ref a cheat (which I don’t condone) gets 4 weeks. It’s absolutely ridiculous. When is the NRL going to throw the book at this guy.
it’s another inconsistent nail in the NRL coffin

Which part of the NRL rules prohibit coaches insulting players?
I don't know, but Id be surprised if somewhere in NRL rules or contracts with media or clubs or player managers, if there wasn't something covering slanderous ,or libelous comments about individuals that might bring the product into disrepute. Doubt they care about personal insults to players but don't doubt they care about the effects on $.

Chimp

Bench
Which part of the NRL rules prohibit coaches insulting players?
Probably in the same sub-section as the bit about ‘short whistles’ and challenging a refs decision to finish the game or the bit about ‘space between forearms and jaws, or accidental head contact.

the short whistle was definitely around in the 80s and 90s.
see a hot sheila walking down the street and she'd get the short whistle.
not sure how it goes down these days.....
another thing that's been cancelled! 😊

fizman

Bench
Fellas, I watched NRL360 last night so I deserve to be called a "Weak Gutted Dog" - I wanted to see what the Old Boys Club had to say.

So, Paul Kent and the NRL apparently know the truth of events, he can't and won't say what has happened, but he is adamant that Stuart is only worthy of a fine.

I am absolutely certain in years gone by that Kent has protested "Put up or shut up!" I cannot believe that in today's society whatever was said by a 12 year old kid 10 years ago would sway the masses today.

One game and $20k fine is still not enough in my view.

Eion

First Grade
How about Kent bringing up MGs daughter and the filthy fake allegations against her. All because MG dared to have an opinion against Sticky.

Just when you think some of these journos have gone as low as humanly possible, they surprise you. Disgusting

Weaponhead

Coach
From what Kent was intimating, there seems to be have been an issue between Salmon and Stuarts kids (plural). Now we know Stuart has a daughter with Autism. So what would prompt such an over the top reaction 10 years later? Stuart said he spoke as a father not an NRL coach.

Unless Stuart is prepared to tell the whole story (which at this stage he isn't), he will get his punishment and be the villain.

shadowboxer

First Grade
From what Kent was intimating, there seems to be have been an issue between Salmon and Stuarts kids (plural). Now we know Stuart has a daughter with Autism. So what would prompt such an over the top reaction 10 years later? Stuart said he spoke as a father not an NRL coach.

Unless Stuart is prepared to tell the whole story (which at this stage he isn't), he will get his punishment and be the villain.
Don’t even go there and I hope it ain’t to do with his daughter.
For the things Ricky Stuart is, his family should be off limits considering the situation. I get it, he was the one who blasted the player, but for a man in his situation, everything is always raw.
I just hope the do suspend him, give him some time to reflect and reset

Weaponhead

Coach
Don’t even go there and I hope it ain’t to do with his daughter.
For the things Ricky Stuart is, his family should be off limits considering the situation. I get it, he was the one who blasted the player, but for a man in his situation, everything is always raw.
I just hope the do suspend him, give him some time to reflect and reset
Agree. It's his choice what he wants to say. He started the issue and will cop the punishment.

Latest posts