What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart is Next Aussie Coach

Simo

First Grade
I dont know if this has been discussed or not but last week on the radio MMM Legends i think it was, said it was already done and that Anderson should enjoy this trip because it was his last.

Apparently Ricky Stuart is the next coach, just wont be announced 'officially' until after the tour.

The reporter seemed to imply that it was set in stone.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just Great,

Out with one bias and in with the new bias.

When will they learn not to employ current NRL coaches?

I have nothing against Stuart, it is the fact he is a current NRL coach.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
When will they learn not to employ current NRL coaches?

WTF,

If you dont wanna replace him with a NRL coach, who are you gonna replace him with?

I would have John Lang coach the Australians.

cheese

Bench
And you all reckon opes is cronyistic........Wait till Stuart is in charge.

Internationals will be the Roosters Vs Warriors

DJ1

Juniors
Ricky is still way too green as a coach. This was clearly evident in his performance in the grand final. Whilst many have claimed him as a super coach already, he has yet to put in the hard yards and get a good 5 to 10 seasons of first grade coaching under his belt.

Phil Gould has been pushing his cause well at every opportunity utilising his media connections, but I think Wayne Bennett should get the job if he wants it.

DJ1 said:
Ricky is still way too green as a coach. This was clearly evident in his performance in the grand final. Whilst many have claimed him as a super coach already, he has yet to put in the hard yards and get a good 5 to 10 seasons of first grade coaching under his belt.

Phil Gould has been pushing his cause well at every opportunity utilising his media connections, but I think Wayne Bennett should get the job if he wants it.

Give me a break. Bennett is still very much untested as a coach. He has never ventured outside his comfort zone of Brisbane, where he has always had a more or less State team masquerading as the Broncos.

Other top contenders such as Lang, Stuart and even Sheens, have at least tested themselves at struggling clubs, or in Stuart's case, at a very young age.

Bennett has never had the guts to do this, and should therefore not be considered for the Australian job.

Edwahu

Bench
Renowned League Expert said:
Give me a break. Bennett is still very much untested as a coach. He has never ventured outside his comfort zone of Brisbane, where he has always had a more or less State team masquerading as the Broncos.

Other top contenders such as Lang, Stuart and even Sheens, have at least tested themselves at struggling clubs, or in Stuart's case, at a very young age.

Bennett has never had the guts to do this, and should therefore not be considered for the Australian job.

He did coach Canberra to a grand final and helped develop some superstars while he was here.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Well for the aussies sake i hope its Gould next. Lang is a bit bias, have you noticed that Martin Lang always plays for John Langs team?, When John Lang was coaching sharks Martin was there, then John decided to coach Penrith so who came with him Martin did!!, youll probably be seeing Martin in green and gold if its the case. Bennett i dont have a problem with, but i do agree, i think he needs more experience. Matt Elliot hasnt entered the picture yet!.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ando needs to go
Hagan is shit house IMO
Bennett will be retiring form rep coaching soon if not the whole career
Gould is MORE biast than Ando
Elliot should be it! perhaps im biast but olwell 8)
Lang wouldnt be intrested, he already said the same about origin
Stuart is a top coach and if Elliot dosnt get it :D stuart should, Daley as assistant and reform the old connection, they'll just be in a different shade of green
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caged Panther

First Grade
Shaun said:
Well for the aussies sake i hope its Gould next. Lang is a bit bias, have you noticed that Martin Lang always plays for John Langs team?, When John Lang was coaching sharks Martin was there, then John decided to coach Penrith so who came with him Martin did!!, youll probably be seeing Martin in green and gold if its the case. Bennett i dont have a problem with, but i do agree, i think he needs more experience. Matt Elliot hasnt entered the picture yet!.

One problem with your reasoning their John Lang actully followed martin to the panthers.

Martin was bought to penrith by royce simmons in the middle of 2001 at a time when simmon's contract has just been extended by the club for a further 3 years. At the end of that year penrith claimed the wooden spoon their was an uprising amongst the players and simmons was sacked. John Lang was subsequently signed by penrith as coach...almost three months after simmons signed Martin Lang.

Jabs

Juniors
I wouldn't mind Matt Elliot coaching the Australian team, very under rated coach in my opinion. He is an honest coach and I'm sure he doesn't have his favourites like Anderson.

Matt23

Staff member
I'd actually prefer Ricky Stuart to become the next blues coach...but he is an excellent coach, and would be an inspired choice.