What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart is Next Aussie Coach

dimitri

First Grade
i agree

i hate having nrl coaches coach the national team

bob fulton wasnt an nrl coach when he was coaching the aussies

the yawnion get it right so why dont we

if the coach wasnt an nrl coach they could travel and promote the roos around the country

theres plenty of non nrl coaches whod do a great job

mal meninga
wally lewis
etc etc

all great kangaroos

when will the nrl learn

miccle

Bench
I actually think Graham Murray would be my dark horse - I wouldn't be at all disappointed! I couldn't stand the thought of stuart or gould in - and I don't even think bennett would be the best man for the job (although maybe in 2-3 years if he quit the broncos and just coached australia maybe?). Anyways, back to it - I'd say John Lang, Graham Murray and Matt Elliot would be my choices.

5-10 years down the track, we'll be looking at Bellamy or Stuart - but definately not yet.

Anonymous

Juniors
Graham Murray wouldn't be a bad decision. He is definitly penciled in for the NSW job.

IMO Paul Langmack or Brian Smith are the 2 top line candidates.

Or even Arnold Swarzhnigger :lol:

OVP

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Ando needs to go
Hagan is sh*t house IMO
Bennett will be retiring form rep coaching soon if not the whole career
Gould is MORE biast than Ando
Elliot should be it! perhaps im biast but olwell 8)
Lang wouldnt be intrested, he already said the same about origin
Stuart is a top coach and if Elliot dosnt get it :D stuart should, Daley as assistant and reform the old connection, they'll just be in a different shade of green
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mate ... thats the best option i've heard so far.

The Green Machine in its great days were IMO the best outfit in the 90's. Stuart to coach with Daley as his assistant ... surely noone could argue with that ... imagine the sort of footy they would have the Aussie team playing ... deep, wide backlines and heavy hard hitting forwards !! Surely thats a shitload better than Mr Flat Attack's Flatness zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!

:)

bubs

Juniors
Stuart as coach. That would make Goose Gould assistant coach.
Geez. From one biased coach to another. You'd have the Goosters 13, plus 4 on the bench from other clubs all dressed in the Green and Gold.
I would have Lang as well. He has turned 2 clubs around from next to nothing to premiership forces. There couldn't be a better man for the job.
He knows League back to front. He has the passion, the common sense, and the media skills to do it. He behaves himself in front of the cameras.
LANG yes.
STUART HAHA.

JJ

Immortal
IMO

1. No NRL coach should coach the national team - can we say "conflict of interest"?
2. Therefore, the best option would seem to be Phil Gould. Like him or not, he's a good coach.
3. The reality is, that anyone (including you or I) could coach the Australian team - they are the best professionals in the league world, know what they're doing and can win a series all by themselves.
4. The secret is in the selection... and as we all know there are some incerdibly stupid ones in this team (Mason, Bailey, and to a lesser extent Villasanti). There were some diobolical ones in the test team (Kimmorley, Bailey,Mason, Villasanti). The fact remains that with the team selected, Phil Bailey is probably going to play every test, as he can cover backs and forwards. Civo will come back, but hopefully Clinton and Waterhouse will be in the test team as they add someting - unlike Mason. Villasanti can add something, and hopefully he will. Kearns too often goes missing at this level for me - Stephen Price will at least do the "little things" and play more minutes.

Raider_69

Post Whore
OVP said:
Raider_69 said:
Ando needs to go
Hagan is sh*t house IMO
Bennett will be retiring form rep coaching soon if not the whole career
Gould is MORE biast than Ando
Elliot should be it! perhaps im biast but olwell 8)
Lang wouldnt be intrested, he already said the same about origin
Stuart is a top coach and if Elliot dosnt get it :D stuart should, Daley as assistant and reform the old connection, they'll just be in a different shade of green
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mate ... thats the best option i've heard so far.

The Green Machine in its great days were IMO the best outfit in the 90's. Stuart to coach with Daley as his assistant ... surely noone could argue with that ... imagine the sort of footy they would have the Aussie team playing ... deep, wide backlines and heavy hard hitting forwards !! Surely thats a shitload better than Mr Flat Attack's Flatness zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!

:)

exactly
of corse this is only a back up to my serious seggestion of Matty Elliot
as said he is a very honest coach and certinalty wouldnt play favourites, extremely under-rated coach, beside lang he had to be the caoch of the year slightly ahead of Stuart

EdBurton

Juniors
Someone said Wayne Bennett needs more experience...
He's the most experienced coach in the NRL....

I still don't want him as coach of the Australians. He does a bad enough job of selecting the QLD team.

I'd go with Lang, I actually wanted him to take over after the mid year test.
He and Bellamy were the 2 coaches of the year. But I wouldn't put Bellamy into that realm yet. I think HE may need a little more experience....