What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

Fathead

Bench
I actually think the eels job would be attractive for a coach. Bennett had the broncos which was basically a Queensland side for over 20 years, then a Saints side that was close to the top.
There is nothing like a rabble side to test your true worth as a coach.
If you look at it from Stuart's point of view. If he can come in and add to the basics that Kearney has built and take us to success, then the coaching world will be his oyster.
He has nothing to lose. If he fails, then he just blames the infighting on the board. And he gets a motza for his services.

Binga

Juniors
So this would mean that we're in the market for a fullback now as Hayne will be moved to 5/8 under Stuart

Fathead

Bench
The hardest job in world coaching is Real Madrid.

Just ask Rade Antic. He was sacked midway through the 1991/92 season after Real Madrid's first loss of the season. They had won 12 of their first 13 league matches and drawn the other. At Real Madrid it's silverware or sacking.. simple as that.

The money must be phenomenal though...
Yep... You have me there but the eels job with all the pressure is without doubt the toughest gig in the NRL.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Part two of the cinematic whinge is now commencing
All aboard the gravy train...... :lol::lol::lol:
Derp!!! Look who's talking You have been whinging like a stuck pig since DA was punted.

People bagged off Kearney's coaching since he arrived here. Fair enough it's everyones opinion but I'M not allowed to voice my concerns over a guy who has been sacked from his last two clubs???? Who's coaching was once again showed up during the origin series and is a whinging merkin to boot. Not to mention his meltdown when Aus coach.....

Back to the Bowral RSL car park for you........

Ratchy

Juniors
If we do get Stuart watch the Greg Bird and Jennings rumours start.

Don't need outside backs so much but would be happy with Bird. If Stuart does sign hopefully he can get Hayne to pull his finger out of his ass and play every week instead of here and there.

Suitman

Post Whore
Will if it is true - I will wipe any preconceived opinions of him and judge him on his future acheivements not his past

Yep. Well said.
I don't like Stuart and have my doubts about him long term. But I too will judge him on his time here and more importantly, the legacy he leaves.

Suity

hybrideel

Bench
or in other words hopefully we can get some other players to offer something and not expect Hayne to carry the team every week

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I actually think the eels job would be attractive for a coach. Bennett had the broncos which was basically a Queensland side for over 20 years, then a Saints side that was close to the top.
There is nothing like a rabble side to test your true worth as a coach.
If you look at it from Stuart's point of view. If he can come in and add to the basics that Kearney has built and take us to success, then the coaching world will be his oyster.
He has nothing to lose. If he fails, then he just blames the infighting on the board. And he gets a motza for his services.

The talk about us being rabble is a myth , yes we may not be performing the field but that can be fixed. Apart from on field performance the eels would be very attractive to many coaches :

- financial stable club
- the coach always gets all the resources they require
- first class facilities
- large junior base
- also our squad aren't that bad ( we have a half / 5/8 with plenty of potential , one of the best players in the world, very solid front row with depth, some good young backs plus some promising juniors)

And the board only seems to become a problem when the side is not performing.

Angry_eel

First Grade
The talk about us being rabble is a myth , yes we may not be performing the field but that can be fixed. Apart from on field performance the eels would be very attractive to many coaches :

- financial stable club
- first class facilities
- large junior base
- also our squad aren't that bad ( we have a half / 5/8 with plenty of potential , one of the best players in the world, very solid front row with depth, some good young backs plus some promising juniors)

This. This is bullshit media talk about us being a rabble.

mickdo

Coach

- financial stable club
- first class facilities
- large junior base

Careful, that kind of attitude is not allowed around here

natheel

Coach
I think this is good. Sk has set up our junior development well and Stuart believes in the youth. I think it's a good thing tbh. But we will see how it goes

Eels Dude

Coach
Um... Benny Eliss said this so it must be true? When was he ever a ground breaking journalist with inside info?

hybrideel

Bench
I'm not sold on the Stuart idea however the talk of ruining the junior sides is a little hard to judge. It's not like the roosters or sharks have the junior base that we do. And he did implement the emerging origin squad as well

Fathead

Bench

- financial stable club
- first class facilities
- large junior base

Good post. I agree. But we are a rabble.. On the field.

Gronk

Staff member

- financial stable club
- first class facilities
- large junior base

Good post. I agree. But we are a rabble.. On the field.

Correct, which is why the LC need to surrender the franchise to the FC (as per their election promise), and leave the team to people who know what they are doing.

Latest posts