What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart - New Eels coach

we may want stuart but why would stuart want to come to this rabble of a club. I think we will offer him heaps and he will decline and we'll end up with mick potter.

Basque Eel

Juniors
Stuart will be at least able to attract a player or 2.

What decent players are left to attract to next year...as usual we've left our run too late and will have to pay overs for players that are just first graders and not representative players.

Suitman

Post Whore
What decent players are left to attract to next year...as usual we've left our run too late and will have to pay overs for players that are just first graders and not representative players.

It doesn't matter. Kearney is gone so we're going to win the comp next year.

Suity

whall15

Coach
The hardest job in world coaching is Real Madrid.

Just ask Rade Antic. He was sacked midway through the 1991/92 season after Real Madrid's first loss of the season. They had won 12 of their first 13 league matches and drawn the other. At Real Madrid it's silverware or sacking.. simple as that.

The money must be phenomenal though...

Vicente del Bosque and Jupp Heynckes also say hi.

Murf

Juniors
Hayne wont be fullback next year. He will be on the wing which is the most logical position to play a 5/8

Someone

Bench
Yep. Well said.
I don't like Stuart and have my doubts about him long term. But I too will judge him on his time here and more importantly, the legacy he leaves.

Suity

this. stop being negative for christ sakes, imo he is a quality coach who will offer quite a bit to the table for us.

people judging him on this years origin are deluded, the bloke got NSW within a point of the great QLD squad. yeah he made a few mistakes, but he only had 3 games to be judged on.

have abit of faith.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Think Ricky will end up NSW coach full time on a better package than he is on now.

Time will tell.

parra pete

Referee
I would be very very surprised if this is correct.
I believe Ricky will coach NSW in 2013, 2014 and take over from David Furner at the Raiders in 2015...

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ch-to-parramatta/story-e6frexnr-1226430962696

Eels meet with Ricky Stuart's management in a bid to lure the Origin coach to Parramatta

Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-large
The Daily Telegraph
July 20, 2012 2:46PM

THE Parramatta Eels have today approached State of Origin coach Ricky Stuart as they search for a replacement for Stephen Kearney.

Thetelegraph.com.au can reveal Stuart’s agent, John Fordham met with Eels chief executive Bob Bentley at Bill and Tony’s restaurant in Darlinghurst over lunch.

Bentley later spoke to Stuart who was at Fordham’s office.

While no offer has been made at this stage, the Eels have made it clear the former Test and Origin coach is the man they want.

Bentley left the meeting indicating there would be further talks over the next few days.

The Canberra Raiders and one other Sydney club is still talking to Stuart who has said all along he is in no hurry to make a decision.

Ratchy

Juniors
Think Ricky will end up NSW coach full time on a better package than he is on now.

Time will tell.

Given the statements Stuart has made since origin finished I find it very doubtful he will not be coaching in the NRL.

Gronk

Staff member
The Board do not want to be seen to have spoken with Sticky prior to the current coach resigning.

They copped flack for Ossie flying down to Melbourne and back stabbing Ando.

Things are falling into place it seems.

I'll take Sticky. He's been around and has the angry face that SK lacked.

strider

Post Whore
The Board do not want to be seen to have spoken with Sticky prior to the current coach resigning.

a double back stabbing wouldn't look good :lol: :lol:

as if they haven't spoken to anyone ... do they seriously think people are stupid?

6 of one, half dozen of the other Gronk. Meet with Sticky before hand, they are stabbing Sk in the back. Don't have another coach lined up before the current coach "resigns" and they look incompetent for not having all their ducks in the row. No matter which way they go, the end result is the same - Eels in crisis :crazy:

I'm no Sticky fan, but there isn't many decent options out there if the board doesn't want to go down the rookie coach path again.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Appears to be finalization of contract meeting. Raiders already have a coach and so does the other club apparently talking to Stuart. All this talk about Ricky be choosy about which club he will go to is crap. He will go to the first club that offers him a contract, it is not like nrl jobs come up each day and his departure from the sharks was not the most pretty departure.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
if the roosters don't finish the season well, i'd imagine they'll punt Brian Smith .... would he be an option to bring back? ... at least he can carry on the rebuild - he's handy with an axe