What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Williams to sign in Toronto

Fin077

Juniors
Yeah, exactly. Even if Ricky never plays for Miami again, we cant trade him if he's busted up.

Fin077

Juniors
Apparently the Arg's are about to put a time limit on this so it doesnt drag out anymore, so I'd say we'll know what he's doing next week.

Fin077

Juniors
I like the way Ricky plays too, but if we could trade him for a decent corner or LB then I'd be all for it because as you say, we have Ronnie.

Fin077

Juniors
A report would be great Steve!!..Can't wait for that!

Don't know about him playing for Miami in November. He's suspended for 12 months? I hope i'm wrong though!

Cupid Stunt

I think he actually entertained the idea when he was in his prime. Well an NFL tryout anyway. How serious he was would have been a whole different story but always thought him & Lomu would have given it a fair shake.

Fin077

Juniors
Thanks Steve....Interesting.

I can see him being there more than just one year...Perhaps he'll finish his playing days there in a few years if he's still up to it.

I was thinking that too. After all, he did take a year off from the NFL once already. And he truly seems to believe that non-materialistic line he's saying. So it wouldn't be such a stretch for him to say he likes Canadian society better, and he could still play a little football while living in a culture where he's more comfortable .

Fin077

Juniors
If Ricky does move to Canada to end his career, do you think it could pave the way for future NFL players to do the same? Is this already the case?

I guess a little like the way our NRL players move to England to wind down thier playing careers.

Skeletor

Juniors
Fin077 said:
If Ricky does move to Canada to end his career, do you think it could pave the way for future NFL players to do the same?

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Fin077 said:
Is this already the case?

Not at all, a player, even a backup can make more money in the NFL than they could being an every-down player in the CFL.

Fin077 said:
I guess a little like the way our NRL players move to England to wind down thier playing careers.

Unless the CFL somehow gets a huge cash injection, I can't see it happening.

Fin077

Juniors
Thanks Skeletor, although I probably didnt clarify myself properly!

What I was meaning to say was, in the case where an NFL team no longer wants an "aged" player, who then finds it hard to find another team, could that player then move to Canada for a year or two.

Latest posts