What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Dean Jones

nöyd

Staff member
Border Boon Jones...

Those blokes were my gods as a kid.

I’ve been recording all those old ODIs on Fox and loving it.

I can’t begin to say how sad this news is.
I caught the end of one of those games this afternoon, Deano didn't trouble the scorers and dropped what could have been deemed an easy outfield catch by his standards.

I've shed a tear over this one, as The Mad Hatter said, these guys were gods to us, every aussie kid growing up in the 80's was Dean Jones in the backyard.

undertaker

Coach
Just got an SMS from my mum a few minutes ago notifying me about this.

2nd best ODI batsman of his era during 1984-94 (behind Sir Viv Richards). Would've easily averaged 50+ in both test matches and ODIs in today's era on flat pitches and shorter boundaries.

59yrs old.....way too young.

undertaker

Coach
He went out on a high.

This was his final twitter post (5:43AM AEST), about 13 hours before he died:

and second last post (3:36AM AEST):

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I'm shocked. It was announced half time at the footy.

59, so young. I only just talked to a mate about him today after it was 24 years last week of the tied test and Fox Cricket showed a classic odi innings of him against England.

So sad.

I had Deanos sticker as a kid. I remember trying to figure out how to play this shot as an eight year old.

I remember my dad saying ‘you’re a left hander you daft twit’.

F4092EFC-6BC7-4EFD-B0C9-DA404E84CD49.jpeg